How do these coaches stay employed?

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3 passes for DA in OT with vikes bringing the house? No sceens, hot routes, runs nothing? OC MUST be fired.

Vikes had what 110 yards in their last 7 plays? DC must be fired?

Grimm? A pretender.

Before you Whiz homers get your panties in a bunch Haley and Warner got us as far as we did. Deal with it.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
3 passes for DA in OT with vikes bringing the house? No sceens, hot routes, runs nothing? OC MUST be fired.

Grimm? A pretender.

Before you Whiz homers get your panties in a bunch Haley and Warner got us as far as we did. Deal with it.

BEst post of the day.

Seriously...What are they seeing that we are not???

Brett threw for 200 yards on screens and slants. We dont throw one screen except to a receiver and we were on our own 8 yard line.

The Coaches have to be brain dead. Doesn't Whiz have a sheet where he has plays that work for blitzes...I mean wht the hell....he didnt adjust AT ALL!!!

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone watch or hear he post game new conference? What did WHiz say...LOL......

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score

Grimm? A pretender.

Co-sign

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
Russ Grimm is a total failure as Oline coach.

A lot of our issues are being caused by this hapless and inconsistent line

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Yep, pure stupid got us here, and you can't fix stupid.

I think at this point we have to assume that the magic year was mostly if not all Warner and Haley and then it filtered down to the team.

I have no other explanation for how we could now be so stupid, not just bad, oh no not just bad but stupid bad.

I could take the idea of a Warner dropoff but this is more like a giant canyon.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Grimm? A pretender.

I was thinking about this as they were talking about this win saving Childress's job.

When does a devastating loss like this and last weeks start impacting the security of our coach. I don't care who we lost. This performance is unacceptable or at least it should be.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yep, pure stupid got us here, and you can't fix stupid.

I think at this point we have to assume that the magic year was mostly if not all Warner and Haley and then it filtered down to the team.

I have no other explanation for how we could now be so stupid, not just bad, oh no not just bad but stupid bad.

I could take the idea of a Warner dropoff but this is more like a giant canyon.

Warner, Dansby, Berry, Okeafor, Boldin and the shuffling of the offensive line. There's your answer.

The people who thought that the Cards were going to be better because Boldin, Dansby, Berry, Rolle and Okeafor were gone were sadly wrong.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Warner, Dansby, Berry, Okeafor, Boldin and the shuffling of the offensive line. There's your answer.

The people who thought that the Cards were going to be better because Boldin, Dansby, Berry, Rolle and Okeafor were gone were sadly wrong.

Warner absolutely, Rolle maybe, Dansby for sure the rest, no.

Our record without Boldin in the lineup was stellar, it's not him, it's not Berry or Okeafor and Rolle again, maybe.

That's pretty weak IMO as a reason to be THIS bad especially given we had a backup plan for when Warner left and if it was a bad plan then it's on the GM or the coach or both.

Point is teams lose players, sometimes a lot of good ones, that translates into a fall off sure, but not blind putrid stupidity.

It also means we're terrible at drafting now because we were going to have to replace those players anyhow due to age.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Warner absolutely, Rolle maybe, Dansby for sure the rest, no.

Our record without Boldin in the lineup was stellar, it's not him, it's not Berry or Okeafor and Rolle again, maybe.

That's pretty weak IMO as a reason to be THIS bad especially given we had a backup plan for when Warner left and if it was a bad plan then it's on the GM or the coach or both.

Point is teams lose players, sometimes a lot of good ones, that translates into a fall off sure, but not blind putrid stupidity.

It also means we're terrible at drafting now because we were going to have to replace those players anyhow due to age.

I disagree because of the amount of experience with the Cardinals that the team lost. That is why you see the stupid plays. 11 players or more in new positions. I'll take Okeafor with 4 years with the Cards over Porter with none any day for instance.

And the Cards really miss Boldin. I don't care what the record was without him. Talk about intangibles. I think the Cards really miss his toughness and his ability to make teams pay for blitzing.

I don't know of too many teams other than the Florida Marlins that lost as many players in one offseason as the Cards did. To have expected anything more than what we're getting which many people did was simply wrong.

It doesn't matter why these guys left, losing them has definitely contributed to the problems this season.

PaulW

Veteran
Reaction score
swd, your right on. Warner and Haley made that team, and Warner saw the writing on the wall, he was not going to get hurt by this OL and it's coach, the pretender GRIMM.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree because of the amount of experience with the Cardinals that the team lost. That is why you see the stupid plays. 11 players or more in new positions. I'll take Okeafor with 4 years with the Cards over Porter with none any day for instance.

And the Cards really miss Boldin. I don't care what the record was without him. Talk about intangibles. I think the Cards really miss his toughness and his ability to make teams pay for blitzing.

I don't know of too many teams other than the Florida Marlins that lost as many players in one offseason as the Cards did. To have expected anything more than what we're getting which many people did was simply wrong.

It doesn't matter why these guys left, losing them has definitely contributed to the problems this season.

+1.

Steve

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What OC? Do we have an OC?

Thank you.

I think having a decent OC eliminates some of the issues we have on offense. Heck, had we had a coach in that position from the beginning, our QB situation may look a little different (ie better) than it does.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score

With all due respect I disagree.

Losing all that may hurt but it dosen't explain the complete and utter absurdity we're treated to weekly now.

KC has almost no experience, by your logic their season is impossible.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
With all due respect I disagree.

Losing all that may hurt but it dosen't explain the complete and utter absurdity we're treated to weekly now.

KC has almost no experience, by your logic their season is impossible.

I look at it this way. The Cards were the youngest team in the NFL for years and were 5-11 or 4-12. Then they go to the Super Bowl with the most experienced team the Cards have ever had in Arizona. They defy the SB loser curse the next season with those same players and advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs losing only to the eventual SB Champions.

Then a large group of those experienced players leave and the Cards look like the keystone kops and are back down at the bottom of the NFL in most statistical categories just like they were when they had all that turnover in years past.

So you are going to have to come up with a far better argument than KC, who I have no idea what type of experience level they have on their roster, is winning to change my mind.

Bobcat

Reaction score

Grimm? A pretender.

Could not agree more. Whiz is all show and no go. :bang:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I look at it this way. The Cards were the youngest team in the NFL for years and were 5-11 or 4-12. Then they go to the Super Bowl with the most experienced team the Cards have ever had in Arizona. They defy the SB loser curse the next season with those same players and advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs losing only to the eventual SB Champions.

Then a large group of those experienced players leave and the Cards look like the keystone kops and are back down at the bottom of the NFL in most statistical categories just like they were when they had all that turnover in years past.

So you are going to have to come up with a far better argument than KC, who I have no idea what type of experience level they have on their roster, is winning to change my mind.

I'll give you a hint, their experience is less than ours.

The thing is they have good drafts, our drafts suck.

A ton of talent they have is young talent, THEY TRADED OFF JARED ALLEN.

That's something we'd do, only then our defense would suck worse, theirs is holding up.

It's mainly drafting and coaching that's the difference.

We get Beanie and Tim, they get Jamal Charles.

We have Billy Davis and Whis, they have Romeo and Charlie.

They have a GM who drafts well and does decent FA signings, we have Rod.

Last edited:

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Per Somers

*If he cares to listen and read, coach Ken Whisenhunt is going to face more criticism this week than at any time in his four seasons.

These aren't just simple message board overreactions. The magic of Whis is wearing off a bit on a national level.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Per Somers

These aren't just simple message board overreactions. The magic of Whis is wearing off a bit on a national level.

He refuses to quit passing on first down, almost always runs shot gun which lets the D set up. We have the worst QB in the league and he gets more throws than the better QBs on other teams. Play call has been lacking to say the least, it might be decent play calling for a different QB, but we do not have one.

Come on Whiz, just run the ball, run the ball, run the ball. If we fail while running, at least he tried.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Said it before, will say it again. Ken Whisenhunt is the dumbest, most stubborn coach in the NFL. I was far from a Warner lover, but I am starting to see how he was the glue that kept this paper tiger together. Love Q, but losing Q is not the issue. Love Karlos, but losing Karlos is not the issue. Rhodes is an upgrade. Kurt Warner made this team win despite Ken Whisenhunt.