Home Schooling

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think I am going "to play Mitch" as I have a hunch. There isn't anything in the current cba that says players cannot talk to players....duh. I believe that Horton has already spoken to Porter (he already said he saw him) and Haggins and told them from time to time to get the D together and start to teach them the Pittsburgh 3/4. They already have their playbooks so why not take advantage of the time? Thoughts??

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think I am going "to play Mitch" as I have a hunch. There isn't anything in the current cba that says players cannot talk to players....duh. I believe that Horton has already spoken to Porter (he already said he saw him) and Haggins and told them from time to time to get the D together and start to teach them the Pittsburgh 3/4. They already have their playbooks so why not take advantage of the time? Thoughts??

In one of Horton's interviews he stated that they were putting together the playbook. Taking Cards verbage and applying it to Steeler schemes/plays. This was his first task and I believe it is for the very reason you stated.

I hope that Porter etc can get players together to work on learning the D. It is my impression that the DB's will need the most training and unfortunately we don't have any ex Steelers on this unit.

I also think Horton will try to get as many players to come in before 3-3 as possible. Not sure of the limitations due to rules etc.