Highest we can pick is 5th, lowest in 14...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The bottom line thing on NFLN showed every teams draft window. The highest AZ can pick is #5 and the lowest is #14. A lot of unlikely things would have to happen for either one. It's most likely 7-9 range.

KC, JAX, PHI and OAK are guaranteed to pick before us no matter what...

We have 5 wins along with Tennessee, Buffalo and Cleveland. Because of our strong SOS they'd all pick before if we all stay at 5 wins. Tennessee and Buffalo have very winnable coming. BUF plays NYJ at home and TEN plays JAX at home.

Detroit has 4 wins but if they win next week we'd jump them based on our SOS being weaker. They play @ Chicago.

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe its even possibly we could pick at 14... its easy to forget how the season started.. can anyone believe this team actually went to Foxboro and beat the Patriots?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe its even possibly we could pick at 14... its easy to forget how the season started.. can anyone believe this team actually went to Foxboro and beat the Patriots?

This is why everyone should be fired!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Drafting at #5 or 6 will bring up some raging "best player or need " arguments prior to the draft- I think the best QB and OT will be off the board at that point, leaving a few very good defensive players to choose from

At 10-14, need and value tend to match up -- although the second best QB could be there in the form of Matt Barkley.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
The bottom line thing on NFLN showed every teams draft window. The highest AZ can pick is #5 and the lowest is #14. A lot of unlikely things would have to happen for either one. It's most likely 7-9 range.

KC, JAX, PHI and OAK are guaranteed to pick before us no matter what...

We have 5 wins along with Tennessee, Buffalo and Cleveland. Because of our strong SOS they'd all pick before if we all stay at 5 wins. Tennessee and Buffalo have very winnable coming. BUF plays NYJ at home and TEN plays JAX at home.

Detroit has 4 wins but if they win next week we'd jump them based on our SOS being weaker. They play @ Chicago.

Good post (unfortunately we have to think about this). I think the lowest we can pick is #13, as the Steelers are currently at #14 with 7 wins. It's interesting that with 6 wins this year, we would potentially pick in the same spot we did with 8 wins last year. Here is a link I found. Most likely spot for us is #7.

http://fansided.com/2012/12/24/2013-nfl-draft-current-draft-order-and-odds/

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

This is why we need a QB, and a slew of other games where our QB's have been unable to convert on third downs.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We have a solid chance of picking 6th or 7th. I don't see Cleveland beating the Steelers, but the Titans can beat the Jaguars, and the Bills can beat the Jets. Then we just need Detroit to beat Chicago, which isn't likely.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have a solid chance of picking 6th or 7th. I don't see Cleveland beating the Steelers, but the Titans can beat the Jaguars, and the Bills can beat the Jets. Then we just need Detroit to beat Chicago, which isn't likely.

if chicago win doesnt mean they will go to the playoff.so if during the match they see vikings or other team is winning..they will quit..detroit can score easily

Last edited:

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Drafting at #5 or 6 will bring up some raging "best player or need " arguments prior to the draft- I think the best QB and OT will be off the board at that point, leaving a few very good defensive players to choose from

At 10-14, need and value tend to match up -- although the second best QB could be there in the form of Matt Barkley.

I will throw up in my mouth if we draft Barkley.. I don't even care if it's in the 5th round.

Sometimes a spade... is really a spade.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
No matter where we pick there will be good tackles, pass rushers and likely our pick of any QB other than perhaps Geno Smith. Someone may try to trade up for Matt Barkley, but that's doubtful as of right now---or so one would think.

What I would love to see is an edge rusher---

Which means we would have to take care of the QB and the o-line priorities before the draft.

The other thing would be if we were able to sign an edge rusher like Cliff Avril---and then we could be in position to select Manti Te'o. Skkorp would be all Irish eyes a-smilin' from above on that pick.

But the players that stand out to me right now are Jarvis Jones, Bjoern Werner, Damontre Moore and Barkevious Mingo.

Here's my favorite draft right now (assuming we take care of the offense in FA):

1. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
2. Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford
3. Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
4. Joe Vellano, DT, Maryland

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're OK on defense but severely lacking on offense. I'd rather trade down for more draft picks and start building the offense up. But if Whiz is here we'll waste our first round pick on another CB.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should be picking at #7. Tenn is home v Jax and Buff is home v NYJ. With those two teams winning we should be picking at #7. The only way we pick at #6 is if Clev some how beats Pitt at Pitt.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Give me...

1-Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama
2-Tyler Wilson - QB - Arkansas (Ryan Nassib if Wilson not available)
3-Stepfan Taylor - RB - Stanford
4-Margus Hunt - DE - SMU (a stretch as he probably won't be available)
5-Quanterus Smith - OLB - Western Kentucky\
6-Dion Lewis - TE - Michigan St. (another stretch, but I think workouts will cause him to drop)
7a-Tyrann Mathieu - CB - LSU
7b-Dave Krugar - DE - Utah (from AJ Jefferson trade)

Hopefully the Cardinals can add a 5th rounder by trading Wells, but this is my dream as of right now. Upgrades offense (especially the rush offense), gives us a developmental QB, and provides depth to all three levels of the defense.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

DakotaCardsFan

Making time travel possible
Reaction score
It's hard to believe we could endure a historically bad season (losing streak and blow out in Seattle both for the record books) and still might not pick in the top TEN!

This team even sucks at sucking!! :bang:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Give me...

6-Dion Lewis - TE - Michigan St. (another stretch, but I think workouts will cause him to drop)

That would be a good draft. I would prefer we draft a second OG/C with our 3rd or 4th to compete at opposite OG to Warmack and for added depth. I want so much for us to develop an awesome running game. Our rbs are good enough if they could stay healthy and run behind an OL with 2 great OGs.

My dream would be to see Chance Warmack and Jonothan Cooper starting at OGs next year for the Cards. I guess having either one of them would qualify has a more reasonable dream.

Last edited:

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Very strong possibility we take a QB in the 2nd round. Just please, please use our 1st round pick on someone who can immediately come in and help this ball club.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That would be a good draft. I would prefer we draft a second OG/C with our 3rd or 4th to compete at opposite OG to Warmack and for added depth. I want so much for us to develop an awesome running game. Our rbs are good enough if they could stay healthy and run behind an OL with 2 great OGs.

My dream would be to see Chance Warmack and Jonothan Cooper starting at OGs next year for the Cards. I guess having either one of them would qualify has a more reasonable dream.

We won't take 2 OGs in the first 4 rounds of the draft. Mark it, Dude.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Give me...

Hopefully the Cardinals can add a 5th rounder by trading Wells, but this is my dream as of right now. Upgrades offense (especially the rush offense), gives us a developmental QB, and provides depth to all three levels of the defense.

I could get down with that draft. I think there will be a run on QB's though.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Ten is going to win.
Buffalo is winning.
Cleveland will probably lose.
Detroit is in it in the 3rd.

We will prolly be around #7 if things stay the same. #6 if Detroit can pull it off.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Ten is going to win.
Buffalo is winning.
Cleveland will probably lose.
Detroit is in it in the 3rd.

We will prolly be around #7 if things stay the same. #6 if Detroit can pull it off.
Definitely looking like a solid chance of somewhere between 5-7. Got my fingers crossed.:thud:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard