Hey WoW Players...

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, did anyone get turned into a Zombie last night. I wasn't on but my friend said they unleased a plague world wide that would turn you into a zombie. Then you lumber around trying to turn others into zombies by killing them or puking on them. He said it was classic to see 30 zombies decend on Stormwind.

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Ok, check this out! I haven't logged into WoW for months, but today I received this email:

Blizzard Account Administration - Account‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafe
Sent: Sun 10/26/08 9:14 PM
To: [email protected]

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft account(s).
As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.

If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership. If the information is deemed accurate, the investigation will be dropped.
This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales
quite seriously. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.
This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information about your account.
You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

Use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.

* First and Surname
* Date of birth
* Address
* Zip code
* Phone number
* Country
* Account e-mail
* Account name
* Account password
* Secret Question and Answer

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.
We ask you to NOT change password until the investigation is fully completed.

Blizzard Entertainment Inc
Account Administration Team
P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623

Regards,

Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment

I highlighted the most glaring problem that should raise a red-flag for anyone who gets this phishing email.

I really find it hard to believe that anyone would fall for this, especially since most on-line gamers are pretty savvy about phishing scams.

Just thought I would share.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Ok, check this out! I haven't logged into WoW for months, but today I received this email:

I highlighted the most glaring problem that should raise a red-flag for anyone who gets this phishing email.

I really find it hard to believe that anyone would fall for this, especially since most on-line gamers are pretty savvy about phishing scams.

Yikes. That's pretty bad.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

The chinese farmers are desperate.

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score

I have not even finished Zangamarsh (which I do second after hellfire) and I am already a level 68. They have really changed the way this levels now... So basically in about 5 weeks of casual solo gameplay I have gone from level 1 to 68 (two bars shy of 69). My goal was to try and get him there by LK release and I am pretty sure I will make it. The link still shows 58 but I am just about 69 now...

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Hit 70 with the new hunter, less than 6 weeks and total played time just at 7 days /played. Now I just sit back and wait for LK...

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
I just started playing and never new a game could be so addictive. Im still clueless as to the ins and outs of the game.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I just started playing and never new a game could be so addictive. Im still clueless as to the ins and outs of the game.

You got a late start the second expansion comes out in 5 hours. The good news is the first expansion will be dirt cheap. :)

Welcome to the rat race. What toon are you playing?

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My wife is insisting I head to Best Buy in 15 minutes to go pick it up. Lucky me.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
My wife is insisting I head to Best Buy in 15 minutes to go pick it up. Lucky me.

I made my wife take me last expansion at midnight. The advantages of drinking. She hated it. I gotta work tomorrow or I would go get mine. Guess I'll use my lunch break to pick it up and install.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I made my wife take me last expansion at midnight. The advantages of drinking. She hated it. I gotta work tomorrow or I would go get mine. Guess I'll use my lunch break to pick it up and install.

I installed it on my desktop and her laptop, FINALLY on DVD ROM, so that made it easy.

Also created a Death Knight (just to see what all the fuss was) and at about 1am local time there were easily 30 others running around in the same immediate area, I do believe there will be a soul-crushing number of Death Knights in the first few weeks.

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
I went to three stores as they opened this morning... 2 (Best Buy and CC) and were sold out, one (WalMart) never received their shipment, which was guaranteed by Tuesday night...

Not looking good for me.

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has made a Death Knight yet, I did last night, got him out of the start area this morning before work... I think it is the best questing story line of any of the start spots yet. Really fun to play. Having 5 70's this may end up being my main, lots of fun... Level 59 now

TheMachine

Reaction score
Hows everyone's leveling? I hit 80 about a week and a half ago, got about 5 level 80 epics so far. Anyone done Naxx yet?

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Hows everyone's leveling? I hit 80 about a week and a half ago, got about 5 level 80 epics so far. Anyone done Naxx yet?

My guild is doing Naxx. I am still only lvl 75. I don't get to play much nowadays. The quest lines are so much better than they had been in the past. My only gripe is the overpowered death knight. Jerks are unstoppable.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My guild is doing Naxx. I am still only lvl 75. I don't get to play much nowadays. The quest lines are so much better than they had been in the past. My only gripe is the overpowered death knight. Jerks are unstoppable.

I've been "phantom grabbed" while questing. It's annoying as hell. Fortunately, I've got a Proc spec Pally, and those are just about as overpowered as the DK.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe the DK's I've ran into are terribad, but I haven't had many problems with them. My guild cleared Naxx 10-man a couple days ago in a full guild run. They PUG'ed it first, but finally got enough people in guild to get it done. I leveled slowly, and just started running heroics a few days ago, so I wasn't part of the run.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I enjoy my DK after I got done with the quest o rama.

I suck at pvp though, always have, I'm the one that makes excuses and just runs by duels and such cause guys 5 levels below me routinely kick my ass.

As far as in instances and such I do fine, a lot of players never focus on pvp and I'm one of those lol.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
I just started playing a few weeks ago. I play Horde characters on the Anub'arak realm, with my main guy being a Tauren Warrior (currently level 14). I also created some Alliance chars on Firetree. I don't play that as much since everyone I know who plays is on Anub'arak.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Hit 80 with my hunter last weekend. I am in an active raiding guild so my guy gets the leftover spots in heroic runs and such. I have the DPS of a lvl 45 compared to the rest of my guildies, but I have gotten some great drops. Now I just need to relearn my class for pvp...

Next I think I will get the Bind to Account Arcanite Reaper and level my pally, warrior and DK.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
How's that work?

They did this thing where you can spend heroic tokens, from heroic instances, for gear that binds to your account. It has to be on the same server, but you can send the items from player to player and the item is listed as level 1-80 so it levels with you. It gets better every level like you do.

Here is the one I want:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42943

So, since I used the refer a friend to level 2 characters at once, I have a level 60+ paladin, warrior and death knight that can benefit from using this item. Just mail it from toon to toon. Only costs 65 Badges of Heroism too! Which means my hunter gets good loot in the process of getting badges.

:haveadrink:

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They did this thing where you can spend heroic tokens, from heroic instances, for gear that binds to your account. It has to be on the same server, but you can send the items from player to player and the item is listed as level 1-80 so it levels with you. It gets better every level like you do.

Here is the one I want:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42943

So, since I used the refer a friend to level 2 characters at once, I have a level 60+ paladin, warrior and death knight that can benefit from using this item. Just mail it from toon to toon. Only costs 65 Badges of Heroism too! Which means my hunter gets good loot in the process of getting badges.

:haveadrink:

When we start back up that sounds like something worth pursuing.

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
My character fell into the water surrounding the Howling Fjord a few weeks back, and now when I try to log onto my account it instantly kicks me off. I e-mailed Blizzard about it and have received nothing but a link to their message boards with numerous other people complaining of the same problem with no solution. Calling their technical support also was fruitless.

I tried deleting WOW from my computer and reloading it (took 6 hours to DL all the patches :bang:) and still get the same problem.

Anyone else have the same problem? I hear it is rampant in Northrend when you enter any form of water while on a mount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard