Hey WoW Players...

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Well I got my standard flying mount last night and absolutely love it. Can't wait to get the faster Epic Flyer. It opens up a whole new game.

Also we downed the Fel Reaver last night to make our key for access to Shattered Halls. It felt great to get revenge for all the times that thing squished me in my low 60s.

Fel Reaver, good lord that guy is irritating.

Grats on 70! Time for that always a hoot rep grind to get into the heroics. lol

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Funny sig I spotted on another message board. Figured you guys would get it.

You must be registered for see images attach

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
New (3.0) patch is going live soon, highlights include:

Haircuts!

Stormwind Harbor (suck it Wetlands)

Newest Profession: Inscribing (requires herbs, start harvesting before the AH price skyrockets ala minerals and jewelcrafting)

Oldest Profession: Still Prostitution (gold-farming, a close second)

Hunters: Pets stay big-ish, new pet trees too.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Also get your Hand of Adal title now or it forever shall be gone, being removed soon but those that have it get to keep it.

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Man what a monster patch... Lots of cool new stuff though... So far I am liking it even though it took them damn near an extra day to get it to patch properly. Acheivements suck though, so much of the stuff I have done is marked as "not done", prior to BC I had probably run MC at least 60 times... Shows and not been there...

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep it's pretty cool so far. I spent a lot of time fixing add ons so I only got to play a few hours last night.

Pretty much just played with the Talents on my main (Priest) and then started leveling my warrior Alt again.

Still have a ton of new stuff to check out.

I love how Herbing gives you a new healing ability now. My warrior alt now has a nice little HoT.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yep it's pretty cool so far. I spent a lot of time fixing add ons so I only got to play a few hours last night.

Pretty much just played with the Talents on my main (Priest) and then started leveling my warrior Alt again.

Still have a ton of new stuff to check out.

I love how Herbing gives you a new healing ability now. My warrior alt now has a nice little HoT.

I got my hunter ready for a raid last night but no time to set up the rest last night. What is this HoT for herbalism thing?

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Man those instances are nerfed big time we have 4 new bosses down this week and are thinking we may have Illidan by the end of next week.

What is up with your signature? lol

Being in Germany and playing on a US server has been a real pain. I would've had Illidan down a long time ago if not for the time difference that makes raiding a pain in the butt.

The signature was a translation of a Chinese media report of the Suns signing SF John Salmons. I thought it was pretty freakin' bizarre so I saved it as my sig :p

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is this HoT for herbalism thing?

All of the Gathering professions now provide some kind of Buff.

Herbalism provides a Heal over Time spell 1200 over 5 sec or something like that at level 70.

Mining provides a passive health bonus

Skinning provides a passive Crit bonus

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We went and killed Onxyia last night with seven 70s. It was pretty awesome to fight a dragon that big. First time I have ever been there or in a RAID for that matter. Pretty cool to see some of the old stuff I missed since I started after BC came out.

I was shocked to find out that is a 40 man raid. Crazy how powerful we have become in just 10 levels. We had no problems with just 7 of us.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We went and killed Onxyia last night with seven 70s. It was pretty awesome to fight a dragon that big. First time I have ever been there or in a RAID for that matter. Pretty cool to see some of the old stuff I missed since I started after BC came out.

I was shocked to find out that is a 40 man raid. Crazy how powerful we have become in just 10 levels. We had no problems with just 7 of us.

A Druid soloed her. And a Death Knight on the Beta server.

Raids are really what makes WoW shine imo. I talk with people all the time that didn't like it much and generally they never raided. Get down a few major bosses in T4 and I guarantee addiction...

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Leveling for fun... They sure have changed the way you build rep and level... I had contact with an old friend that plays on a different server (actually my original one that I had tranferred from a long while back). So I made a new guy, I am at 5 days when checking using "/played" and this is where I am at - started this guy less than 3 weeks ago... Trying to get to 70 by LK realease...

New Hunter

His rep is higher than some of my seldom played original toons at level 70 due to the changes. I can't even get through an area without having all of the red quests turn grey before I can finish them because he levels so fast.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
All of the Gathering professions now provide some kind of Buff.

Herbalism provides a Heal over Time spell 1200 over 5 sec or something like that at level 70.

Mining provides a passive health bonus

Skinning provides a passive Crit bonus

I went and looked those up after you mentioned it. Very cool stuff.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

The old 40 man raids are what got us hooked on this game. It was just awesome to see so many spells and arrows in the air at one time and the coordination of 40 people was pretty crazy.

I agree with Krang the raiding makes the game in my opinion.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
The old 40 man raids are what got us hooked on this game. It was just awesome to see so many spells and arrows in the air at one time and the coordination of 40 people was pretty crazy.

I agree with Krang the raiding makes the game in my opinion.

I used to agree, until I joined a raiding guild that wanted me to raid 4 nights a week for 4 hours. It was like a part time job and I gave up after like 2 nights.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I used to agree, until I joined a raiding guild that wanted me to raid 4 nights a week for 4 hours. It was like a part time job and I gave up after like 2 nights.

Yuck, you need a new guild. We go 3 nights for 2.5 hours. I can't see doing any more than that.

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Yuck, you need a new guild. We go 3 nights for 2.5 hours. I can't see doing any more than that.

I don't play anymore. I couldn't see myself even doing that anymore. Wasted too much time with WOW.

I am with Heavy on this one... I play mostly solo and pug's because the guilds and the schedules are just out of control... If I could find a guild with working adults that would raid one night, or a big guild that would raid 2 nights a week with two groups I would do it... But 3, 4 and 5 nights a week for 3 and 4 hours is just rediculous... Worse than that all of the guilds now seem to do penalties or loot restrictions based on attendence... Just not very fun and pretty sure not how the game was intended.

Raids are fun, guilds and guild rules suck... One of the best raids I ever was a part of was a PUG Gruuls lair... 25 strangers having a blast...

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took down Gruuls last night in a 25 man PUG. I was the healer for the Main Tank. My first Raid in the Outlands.

My guild has 4 people in it (friends from work). We all have families with kids and can only play WoW in moderation. We have no problems finding an extra to do instances.

Raids are pretty much out of the question for us unless we can get into a PUG. Lately everyone has been doing Raid PUGs because everyone is looking to do them for the "Achievement". Plus they nerfed the Raid bosses by 30% which makes it easier.

I could care less about the "Achievement". I'm just glad I can check out some stuff that I probably never would have been able to see. Nothing quite like taking down a huge Raid Boss. Totally different experience fighting a Boss for 10-20 minutes. I could see how it becomes addicting.

I would never be a part of a Guild that required you to be on x amount of days for several hours a day. That takes the fun out of it and it almost becomes a job. Not to mention that it would be near impossible cosidering I have a family with small children.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort