He's Earned It by John Clayton ESPN

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I hope whatever the decision is, it's the right decision based on winning NOW. My fear is Matt starts the season, loses a game to either San Fran or Miami, and then gets benched. The start of the season is crucial to making the play-offs, so if Matt is the starter, I hope Whiz is basing it on something more than "he's the future of the franchise."

The future is now. Start the best players. Period. If we can prove the Cardinals can be winners, the future will take care of itself.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Clayton was a little too harsh when he said Leinart's "skills have deteriorated inexplicably." He probably came to that conclusion watching the replays of the three interceptions...as Leinart's mechanics which on those plays were inexplicably poor.

Agree with this.

And there is no excuse for it.

The ball he tried to throw to Urban was HORRIBLE!

The third pick he threw off his back foot and tried to put too much touch on it.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
And if they still won't get off the field, he will throw a pick to get them off. That will show them.

Of have Pete Kendell come back to the huddle and start yelling at him.

YOU SAID ON TWO.

Too bad Plummer couldn't count that high......high?

lkratavil49

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oh really? According to the Cardinals, or Mortensen?

According to 90% of he people out there like MR. Clay

Flatly wrong. Warner took over as the starter because Leinart suffered a broken collarbone.

He was playing 1/3 of the game time each game before he got hurt that's taking over.

So Leinart is a draft bust who will not start for the Cardinals in 2009 or 2010, based on two days of camp and one half of a preseason game. But, he could start in '09 and '10 though. Huh?

No because he played like trash last year. He should have had 3 Int in KC but got lucky there. Kurt has out played him in camp. Last but not lets He was OK his first year, Bad his second year and the last two games against the first team D he has sucked. Plus Kurt has has done just the opposite he has gotten better over the same time period.

You have absolutely got to be kidding me. Good point by Rugby on this one. May I add that if it's fair to say this about a 3rd year player based on 3 throws in preseason, I hereby judge by this flatly innacurate, drummed up column that John Clayton's writing skills and ethics have deteriorated inexplicably.

No because he has gotten worse every year.

The last line of the column makes no sense either. "We'll see if he has a happy ending or a happy ending." What?

When I was growing up my Mom had this nasty, condescending habit of just continuing a conversation as if it's understood by both parties that you were lying, no matter what came out of your mouth or was proven otherwise -- usually punctuated by a rather hollow and annoying use of the word "hun." As in:

"Mother, my friend did not steal that dollar bill from you."

"It's not a big deal that he stole the dollar from me, hun."

The ESPN guys are treating Whisenhunt and the Cardinals the same way. "You spent the entire day Monday doing damage control and refuting our claims? That's nice. We know it's all a lie, we have sources." It appears that the team does not have to make a decision to have made a decision, because ESPN can do it for us. I *promise* you this would be different if it were the Cowboys & Tony Romo's job in question.

ESPN said the same thing about SF,ATL, all before the team staff did and they got it right like they do 99% of the time.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
ESPN si th same ting about SF,ATL, all before the team staff did and they got it right like they do 99% of the time.

So far Mortensen is 0 for 2 this preseason.

Once with Boldin and once with Warner.

ESPN has had a problem keeping up with the NFLN for some time now.

That and ESPN sucks.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lkrataville do you work for espn or something seriously? Why would you stick up for these clowns who on a continuous basis report false information. They lost credibility years ago not sure what the heck your watching.