Help a brother out... please?

Djaughe

Reaction score
Got the guard but I will see if i get more money in the rollover or if i have to talk to support. How much do owners get to start?

Whoa...we're paying $200k for 1 guard? :confused:

DBQ...I retracted the acceptance.

You can still make the deal...but imo you can't build a team on trades.

My advice think it over tonight about going with a slow build team. In 2 seasons we can have a solid team with a built out stadium...or we can hit the recruiting scene and gather players from lvl 10-21...that will be an okay team - but still more competitive.

But the lvl 25+ is going to be really tough....especially when equipment costs come to bear.

Think about it...Then lets take the path you decide...but absolutely no trades because it'll cripple yer finances.

OP
OP
D

dbqr8er

Rookie
Reaction score
Ok No trades. I like the helmet. I want to take the path that will let me field the most competitive team while keeping the books in the black. If I have to wait a season to gather cash and a stable foundation in order to be competitive so be it.

OP
OP
D

dbqr8er

Rookie
Reaction score
look at level 10-18 te fb hb or just whatever you want to do. I cleared you for everything on my team so do as much as you want or as little awss you have time for.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex Hammer is probably available (confirm with mgmt) since the Czars now also have Gimme Six at HB.

Djaughe

Reaction score
I temp. changed my GLB avatar...Superspck feel free to copy it fer yer avatar while we go recruiting.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is my lingo

We want (name here) to be part of the Raiders!

The Dubuque River Raiders are a new team in an old league. Here is a link to our team:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=5024

Your player has the skills we are looking for in a team that will be young, but dangerous.

Our conference has a few bullies and a lot of mediocre teams that will allow us to stay competitive as well as build into a strong winning franchise.

Our first year will be rough but we have a dedicated owner and GMs looking forward to the hard work of building a dominant team.

Right now I am recruiting rising stars to develop a winning tradition and need your player to help.

No gimmicks - this is a ground floor opportunity to improve your player and help us win. We have currently set up our financing to go aggressive on constructing a new stadium while having equipment funds available as you advance

PM me with any questions you have.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Flex Hammer is probably available (confirm with mgmt) since the Czars now also have Gimme Six at HB.

I'm sending Flex H. an offer along with my CB.

OP
OP
D

dbqr8er

Rookie
Reaction score
Good Deal. WE can be an instant force with our running game hitting on all cylinders.

Djaughe

Reaction score
DBQ - give Nathan a GM tag.

Superspck - you need to accept the GM offer.

Those little things helps give us a bit more credibility.

I'm robo-pming/offering contracts - but its a tough market.

Remember - don't go whacko on bonus offers. 15k to 20k is fine.

OP
OP
D

dbqr8er

Rookie
Reaction score
Is he flex's agent? Caution? Also Brandon will accept later. I know his class schedule through the week is rough and he stays pretty focused on work. I am waiting to hear back about my WR if he will get released or if i can trade for him (they will want too much) or if i wait till next season. My guard will be free on day 15 if he is not released any sooner.

OP
OP
D

dbqr8er

Rookie
Reaction score
SuperSpck also has a lineman that is 3rd string and and is thinking about getting him moved to our team. KL'RT.

Djaughe

Reaction score
OP
OP
D

dbqr8er

Rookie
Reaction score
GM offer sent to caution. I have been working with the playbook and whoever owned this team before must not have understood the system because there were a lot of good inputs but the outputs were randon or incomplete. I will fill the gaps and test before i add anything.

Djaughe

Reaction score
DBQ...this is my rant....so bear with me.:madarms:

We're not doing too good in the free agency market.

Teams are spending too much money and players simply don't want to go to a 1-15 team. Players are looking for $50k+ bonus money.

The GLB folks seriously screwed you over by defaulting this team with no Stadium and no Money.

IMHO...Either we go slow build or sell it right back and get a capped team next season.

I pulled some strings and found an agent with 11 players (lvl 4) ready to sign onto a slow build team.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/home.pl?user_id=99062

If we go slowbuild - I promise you we'd have a kickass stadium and solid players in 2 seasons.

That is my best advice.
:(

OP
OP
D

dbqr8er

Rookie
Reaction score
Low and Slow. I don't mind a beating if it pays off in the end.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Low and Slow. I don't mind a beating if it pays off in the end.

:thumbup:

Okay - I'll switch the recruit theme.

No signing anymore players - I'm going to rework the stadium construction.

We are gonna temp. trade Roy H. to the czars fer some cash.

We can sign players after construction.

Nathan - do you still want to be a raider?

Ye'll be the feature back with absolutely no help.

Superspck
- we still need yer G as a backup on the knights. Do you want to be a Raider or Knight?

Djaughe

Reaction score
New sales pitch:
The Dubuque River Raiders are a new team in an old league.

Here is a link to our team page:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=5024

We need slowbuild players looking for in a team that will be young... but dangerous in a couple of seasons.

Our conference has a few bullies and a lot of mediocre teams that will allow us to stay competitive as well as build into a strong winning franchise.

Our first year will be rough but we have a dedicated owner and GMs looking forward to the hard work of building a dominant team.

Right now I am recruiting rising stars to develop a winning tradition and need your player to help.

Here is a the recruiting thread: http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=1361910&page=1#10807030

No gimmicks - this is a ground floor opportunity to improve your player and help us win.

We have currently set up our financing to go aggressive on constructing a new stadium while having equipment funds available as you advance - PM me with any questions you have.

Djaughe

Reaction score
DBQ - please offer GM tags to the new agents we get on board.

BUT only allow them to be in charge of moderating the team forum.

OP
OP
D

dbqr8er

Rookie
Reaction score
The pitch is excellent. Which agents need GM moderator status?

Djaughe

Reaction score
DBQ -

We have a couple of CB's lvl 2 and a lvl 14 that signed up.

You should PM them to explain we're going slowbuild...offer them a chance to stay on or get released.

Maybe a note in yer team forum will help too.

Djaughe

Reaction score
DBQ -

I sent out a bunch of offers...we still need to send out more.

Yer set on stadium and pricing.

I will be away from the computer fer awhile.

OP
OP
D

dbqr8er

Rookie
Reaction score
I put up a state of the union in the forum and sent out an offer to Real LT. What stadium changes did you do? I see money is down but The stadium build looks the same.

Djaughe

Reaction score
I put up a state of the union in the forum and sent out an offer to Real LT. What stadium changes did you do? I see money is down but The stadium build looks the same.

Tonight the stadium sections will go through and we'll get tickets sold.

Tomorrow we'll see the results.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort