Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I'm home sick today and just finished Chuck Palahniuk's book "Haunted." He's the guy who wrote "Fightclub." The ending was a let-down, but I have to say I have never read a more disturbing book in my life- and I love Hubert Selby Jr's stuff.

Great read if you can stomach it. I'll never look at people the same way ever again.

At the end of the book Chuck talks about reading portions of this book at a bookstore, and people were passing out and throwing up. I beleive it.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh. I'll have to go back and pick it up again. It's sitting on my nightstand, but I just couldn't get into it for some reason.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I didn't think the book would have a chance to get worse after the first short story. Boy was I wrong.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Is this the book that has Guts in it?

Yes...I liked the book, his writing style flows really well, Guts was an absolutely disgusting story.

I still haven't read any of his other books. They are on my list of books to pick up although I have 4 books sitting in my nightstand waiting to be read so it'll probably be awhile.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Yes...I liked the book, his writing style flows really well, Guts was an absolutely disgusting story.

I still haven't read any of his other books. They are on my list of books to pick up although I have 4 books sitting in my nightstand waiting to be read so it'll probably be awhile.

Choke and Fight Club are his best IMO.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I gotta pick this one up as I love chuck's writing.

Survior is great but look for Invisible Monsters as well. Good stuff.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Palahniuk is the first true punk rock American fiction writer. I'm no fan of his content, but I admire his writing style and character development.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I just picked this up from the library today. I'm prepared to be totally grossed out.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I just bought Fight Club and Survivor, looking forward to reading them.