Halle Berry

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that Oprah Winfrey produced some sort of TV movie for Halle Berry, whose career hasn't exactly been skyrocketing lately. And being a Harpo production doesn't necessarily guarantee success, either. Did anyone see this???

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
UncleChris said:
My understanding is that Oprah Winfrey produced some sort of TV movie for Halle Berry, whose career hasn't exactly been skyrocketing lately. And being a Harpo production doesn't necessarily guarantee success, either. Did anyone see this???

When I was back in AZ my mom and grandma were really looking forward to seeing it. They said it was terrible! I think made for tv movies are almost always terrible...they always overdramatize things. I think a good series like 24 is more like a movie than those "made for tv" movies...

OP
OP
UncleChris

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspected as much and pretty much agree with you on made for TV stuff (although a made for TV movie by HBO called "Dirty War" is dead on target and worth a watch).

I didn't believe Berry deserved an Oscar for "Monster's Ball" (unless best performance for similated sex is a category) and she made a total arse of herself in accepting the award. Her best work in my view has been in the X-Men. Unless I'm forgetting something, she's yet to really show herself as an "A" actress.

Then again, maybe I'm just grumpy..... :D

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I suspected as much and pretty much agree with you on made for TV stuff (although a made for TV movie by HBO called "Dirty War" is dead on target and worth a watch).

I didn't believe Berry deserved an Oscar for "Monster's Ball" (unless best performance for similated sex is a category) and she made a total arse of herself in accepting the award. Her best work in my view has been in the X-Men. Unless I'm forgetting something, she's yet to really show herself as an "A" actress.

Then again, maybe I'm just grumpy..... :D

Or something else?

Very odd post