Grand Theft Auto IV

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice, havent gotten in enough trouble yet to find out the cops come inside.

Yeah, I found out when I needed a gun badly and decided it was a good idea to take out the gun store owner. Bad move.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
I just picked up the game and a XBOX live subscription. Everyone post their gamer tags and repost the list so everyone can see it.

Starting off:
ASFN = xbox gamertag

Wuraider = WuRaider

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just picked up the game and a XBOX live subscription. Everyone post their gamer tags and repost the list so everyone can see it.

Starting off:
ASFN = xbox gamertag

Wuraider = WuRaider
The thread is stickied & it's the first post of that thread. (very first one in this forum & fairly well updated).

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So last night while playing online my game froze and I got 2 red rings. I pressed the power button and it wouldnt turn off so I just removed the power source for a few hours and kicked it back on, seems to still be working great. I am assuming it was starting to overheat and if left on would have received the 3rd ring.

I dunno how to add the spoiler box so I will refrain from talking about my game progress.

Looked more on the net, my overscan problems are typical for CRT television. I can pay a guy over $500 to have him fix it, just going to save a few hundred bucks and then put this one on craigslist. Great 55" beauty of a tv, just overscans my 360 a little more than id like.

Plus, not having the bulky tv and switching to a flat panel would help make my living room look better.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought partially using a $50 GC from the HD-DVD fiasco. I have come to the conclusion that I have a low video game IQ. I can barely beat someone up. Half the time I end up getting beaten up and arrested. I can steal cars, but I also end up crashing.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought partially using a $50 GC from the HD-DVD fiasco. I have come to the conclusion that I have a low video game IQ. I can barely beat someone up. Half the time I end up getting beaten up and arrested. I can steal cars, but I also end up crashing.
This is why I pretty much don't play video games. The wii kicked my butt...I'm just not good at them.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must be the only person on the planet that could care less about this game. I have tried every single one and this game just doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm still pissed off that I haven't received either one of my $50 GC's from BB yet. Its been 7 weeks now. I have to wait one more week before I can complain again.

:bang:

I must be the only person on the planet that could care less about this game. I have tried every single one and this game just doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

You and Donald are freaks.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am the worst driver ever.

GTA IV is very challenging so dont beat yourself up too badly.

Do you have X360 or PS3?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
think ive tried to steal the PCJ motorcycle for brucie 4 times now, you have to steal in directly in front of cops and then avoid them and I keep getting caught.

Last night I made it to the garage with just a sliver of life yet and crashed into the wall IN THE GARAGE and killed myself, inches from the end.

I spend a lot of money on cabs, much easier to hail one and be where you want to be rather than driving.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
think ive tried to steal the PCJ motorcycle for brucie 4 times now, you have to steal in directly in front of cops and then avoid them and I keep getting caught.

Last night I made it to the garage with just a sliver of life yet and crashed into the wall IN THE GARAGE and killed myself, inches from the end.

I spend a lot of money on cabs, much easier to hail one and be where you want to be rather than driving.
See, now that is just dumb. Not you, the gameplay. :)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am the worst driver ever.

GTA IV is very challenging so dont beat yourself up too badly.

Do you have X360 or PS3?

I ALMOST cracked this game open yesterday.

I'm getting there though on SA. I finished all of the airplane missions.....

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? I was going 70 miles an hour and slammed into a garage wall, not the games fault I pull in to garages like an *****.

I am having a lot of trouble on one of the missions, but havent resorted to getting info online yet.

I'll post the mission name later.

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
I am having a lot of trouble on one of the missions, but havent resorted to getting info online yet.

I'll post the mission name later.
I'm pretty far into the game and i'm pretty sure i'm close to finishing it. I'll be glad to give ya some help if you need it.

Some of the hardest missions for me was "Snow Storm" "Hostile Neogations"...But a hard and fun one was the bank robbery one. But other than that some of the missions aren't that hard.

If your having trouble with a mission just buy some body armor from the gun store and retry the mission from the cell phone after stocking up on ammo.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty far into the game and i'm pretty sure i'm close to finishing it. I'll be glad to give ya some help if you need it.

Some of the hardest missions for me was "Snow Storm" "Hostile Neogations"...But a hard and fun one was the bank robbery one. But other than that some of the missions aren't that hard.

If your having trouble with a mission just buy some body armor from the gun store and retry the mission from the cell phone after stocking up on ammo.

Yeah, I do the armor and ammo. :)

I may ping you for help later.

BTW, GTA IV had sales of $500M in its first week, easily beating Halo 3.

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
Yeah, I do the armor and ammo. :)

I may ping you for help later.

BTW, GTA IV had sales of $500M in its first week, easily beating Halo 3.
Heck i'll even give you the names of the girls you can date on the online thing

LawChick=Kiki=Removes wanted level up to 3 stars if she likes you enough

SoboHo=Carmen=Regenerates your health when you call her if she likes you enough

Friends benefits:

Brucie=Helicopter
Dwayne=Bodyguards+safehouse
Francis=Does the same as Kiki
Packie=Carbomb
Roman=Free Taxi Rides
Kate=None
Playboy X=None

But yeah Halo 3 never stood a chance against GTA IV. I'm so glad they added multiplayer and it has 15 game modes.

Xbox360 Gamertag: AuToTkEr

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished San Andreas tonight. Tomorrow I start GTA IV

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you virtual gangsters finished yet? I'd like to have abomb get some work done on things that will make us real, nyet, paypal money.

Let me know when you are done sliding down canopies, talking to thugs and hustling the cops. The land of the living has things to offer...like lots of little Ben Franklin portraits you can carry in your pocket.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you virtual gangsters finished yet? I'd like to have abomb get some work done on things that will make us real, nyet, paypal money.

Let me know when you are done sliding down canopies, talking to thugs and hustling the cops. The land of the living has things to offer...like lots of little Ben Franklin portraits you can carry in your pocket.

hater

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
didnt u just start 3 days ago? do you work?

I work. I started the day GTA IV came out. It took me about 15 hours or so.

I didn't do all of the side missions, (like racing) and focused to the main missions so I could see the ending. The first time I played it, I was one or two missions away from finishing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort