Grand Theft Auto IV

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40% thru.
A few of my favorite things:
-Standing on the hood of a car and putting bullets into the hood until it blows me 50 ft into the air.
-GENESIS "Mama" on 97.8 Liberty Rock
-Mission:Three Leaf Clover.... Right out of the film "Heat."
-Lobbing a single grenade into rush hour gridlock traffic and watching the domino
effect.

-Sniping S.W.A.T. team members out of helicopters.
-Getting a hat trick of private dances at the strip club.
Just to name a few.

Adam and I were trying this last night to try and get the 10 car chain reaction achievement.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adam and I were trying this last night to try and get the 10 car chain reaction achievement.

Not for tryin' man. We may need to find a new strategy, such as finding a dead end or something and piling the rides in there.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not for tryin' man. We may need to find a new strategy, such as finding a dead end or something and piling the rides in there.

We may not be able to do those online. I read something about that achievement, and you only need to blow up 10 cars in 10 seconds.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should also try the 5 barrel rolls in one crash achievement.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt get the achievement unlocked, did you?

:thud:

Nope. you were the pyro last night.

We may not be able to do the achievement in Party mode is what I was getting at. We may have to do it in single player mode.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. you were the pyro last night.

We may not be able to do the achievement in Party mode is what I was getting at. We may have to do it in single player mode.

Ah, gotcha.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey DCR, you know what would be a fun party mode game? We pick a location somewhere on the map and then race to get there. It would have to be pretty far, but you can use any route or mode of transportation you like. I will have to study the map. I suppose we could even kill each other too.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey DCR, you know what would be a fun party mode game? We pick a location somewhere on the map and then race to get there. It would have to be pretty far, but you can use any route or mode of transportation you like. I will have to study the map. I suppose we could even kill each other too.

could be fun.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

Get on one of the freeways and then block a section of the freeway. The steal the car that is the first car that you blocked and block the other section. Back off to a safe distance and lob a grenade near the cars that you used to block off the freeway ... then you should get the achievement easily.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The checkpoints really are unsatisfactory, I would like to restart at the beginning of the mission at the bank or even start where you get the car after killing cops all through chinatown.

This is the main reason I havent played this game in a month.. I have no idea why even restarting a mission I still have to travel across town.. Games piss me off.. I play them to be entertained not to have me figure out something.. Guess this is why I could never be called a gamer..

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is the main reason I havent played this game in a month.. I have no idea why even restarting a mission I still have to travel across town.. Games piss me off.. I play them to be entertained not to have me figure out something.. Guess this is why I could never be called a gamer..

Just take the car service.... although 9 times out of 10 my guy doesn't get into the cab he jacks it from the dude.... definately a bug on the 360 system. My brother has the PS3 and it works way better

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just take the car service.... although 9 times out of 10 my guy doesn't get into the cab he jacks it from the dude.... definately a bug on the 360 system. My brother has the PS3 and it works way better

you have to hold y until you get into the car, whistling to the cab prior helps too. I dont have any issues on my xbox.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get on one of the freeways and then block a section of the freeway. The steal the car that is the first car that you blocked and block the other section. Back off to a safe distance and lob a grenade near the cars that you used to block off the freeway ... then you should get the achievement easily.

I don't think getting the achievement was the problem, it was that we were doing it together in online play. I couldn't get the "escaping from 4 star" achievement online either. I tried it in the story mode, and we got it.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Started playing this game last night.

The last GTA I played through completion was GTAIII. Did not like Vice City.

The first mission where you help Roman avoid the loan sharks was as far as I got before I decided I didn't like the car control and just started to cruise town and kill people and get into police car chases.

I'll try more tonight to stay in line with the game, but I wasn't feeling it yesterday.

My wife couldn't believe the language. She hadn't seen this game played until now. She works P/T at a grocery store in the video department and said that she can't believe the number of moms who rent this for their pre-teen kid.

That's how I got the game actually. I'm "testing" it for the store to make it sure it doesn't skip or lock up. So I have it for a week and I am supposed to play as much as I can to see if it does.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started playing this game last night.

The last GTA I played through completion was GTAIII. Did not like Vice City.

The first mission where you help Roman avoid the loan sharks was as far as I got before I decided I didn't like the car control and just started to cruise town and kill people and get into police car chases.

I'll try more tonight to stay in line with the game, but I wasn't feeling it yesterday.

My wife couldn't believe the language. She hadn't seen this game played until now. She works P/T at a grocery store in the video department and said that she can't believe the number of moms who rent this for their pre-teen kid.

That's how I got the game actually. I'm "testing" it for the store to make it sure it doesn't skip or lock up. So I have it for a week and I am supposed to play as much as I can to see if it does.

The driving mechanics are very different and more accurate to real life driving this time around. You actually have to brake early and before turning your wheel, or you will be in trouble. I think I have gotten pretty good at driving, and I like it much more now, that it is more realistic.