Grand Theft Auto IV

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
I just did a mission for the cop, the one where you go in the parking garage and off some dealer. I am supposed to go inside and fight my way through but I just ran down the street and sniped the leader in the face.

Ha, I kinda did the same thing. I went all the way to the roof, saw the target just standing with a few body guards and sniped his head off.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I never thought of that..

The game is a little too easy really..

I just did a mission for the cop, the one where you go in the parking garage and off some dealer. I am supposed to go inside and fight my way through but I just ran down the street and sniped the leader in the face.

Most of the missions are rather easy but there are some difficult ones toward the end of the game (especially the last 2 missions).

Oh yeah and just for fun

The Car Cannon (aka Swingset of Doom)

In case you are wondering where it is ... just go on your map and where you see the Billiards place on the far east island (i forget the name) and go down until you see a curbed road (curves from west to south) on the border of the Firefly Projects. Where that curve is, is where the Car Cannon is. Have fun.

Oh and I suggest backing into it since it greatly lessens the chance that you get ejected from the car.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
15 + hrs in at 15% completion(i like to take my time:D).
Took awhile to get used to driving like a mad man but i've got it down now! Love this game. I like when you go get blitzed with a friend that you can both get home in a cab together.
Graphics are very good despite my not having HD.
I'm running it thru S-vid and 5.1 surround. The sound is amazing. I can't imagine playing this without an H.T.S.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/liberty_city_police_face?utm_source=digg_1

Liberty City Police Face Allegations Of Incompetence, Brutality
You must be registered for see images

LIBERTY CITY—With the city in the midst of a record crime wave, concerned citizens claim the Liberty City Police Department has done little to prevent the constant car chases, ongoing gun battles, and overall atmosphere of violence that pervade the area.

"I used to feel safe in Liberty City, but lately, it's been total mayhem," said night-shift worker Lola Del Rio, who spoke to reporters while sucking nervously on a red lollipop. "In the past week alone, I've been carjacked twice, run over 10 times, and witness to a half-dozen gunfights that ended with automobiles exploding. What are the police doing to stop all this?"

Enlarge Image
Officers respond to one of the 43,274 murders reported in the city last month.

Since the surge in crime, which began on April 28 at midnight, more than 830,000 civilians have been murdered—nearly one-tenth of Liberty City's total population. In addition, 35,000 vehicles have been reported stolen, many of which were then driven illegally over sidewalks and pedestrian walkways before plunging into the nearby Humboldt River. And according to startling figures released by local community action group Citizens for a Safer City, drug trafficking has become rampant and prostitution has increased by 800 percent.

MORE

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got about 9% into the game and lost interest. I shouldn't have wasted 60 bucks. Someone remind me to stop buying video games.

Trade it in right away. I bet most game places will still give you $40 or more for it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The online matchmaking is absolutely painstaking. abomb and I tried for about 2 and a half hours to connect together, and we might have played 3 matches total.

BS.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The online matchmaking is absolutely painstaking. abomb and I tried for about 2 and a half hours to connect together, and we might have played 3 matches total.

BS.

I had better luck with my buddy. I started a C&R game and played once by myself. Then he Joined my session. We played like a dozen in a row. I feel so dirty.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had better luck with my buddy. I started a C&R game and played once by myself. Then he Joined my session. We played like a dozen in a row. I feel so dirty.

Ugh, I should have kept trying. We watched The Kingdom instead. Good flick.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh, I should have kept trying. We watched The Kingdom instead. Good flick.

We and someguys had some nice battles against these dudes. They pretty much killed us everytime, but it was so fun.

One exchange was awesome;

We were the crooks trying to flee. We have two cars worth of guys. We get to the tower with our getaway chopper on top. I am lagging behind in the second car with Michael. Part A of our team makes it to the chopper and I am following behind. I get to the spiral stairs leading to the chopper and a cop is making his way up. When I hit the top landing the heli is just taking off and the cop is unloading on them. I shoot the cop from behind as the chopper gains 20-30 feet. I kill the cop and the chopper full of guys comes back for me. :) The take the chopper up and then down to the street to get Michael who gets slaughtered by two cops as he tries to get in the chopper.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We and someguys had some nice battles against these dudes. They pretty much killed us everytime, but it was so fun.

One exchange was awesome;

We were the crooks trying to flee. We have two cars worth of guys. We get to the tower with our getaway chopper on top. I am lagging behind in the second car with Michael. Part A of our team makes it to the chopper and I am following behind. I get to the spiral stairs leading to the chopper and a cop is making his way up. When I hit the top landing the heli is just taking off and the cop is unloading on them. I shoot the cop from behind as the chopper gains 20-30 feet. I kill the cop and the chopper full of guys comes back for me. :) The take the chopper up and then down to the street to get Michael who gets slaughtered by two cops as he tries to get in the chopper.

I have a feeling it is my internet connection. All other games I play are flawless though. Don't know if I am going to spend the dough to upgrade it. I doubt it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got about 9% into the game and lost interest. I shouldn't have wasted 60 bucks. Someone remind me to stop buying video games.

www.gamefly.com

I love it, used it for years, save tons of money by only buying games I want for sure(like GTA)

If you decide to also, let me know before you do so I can earn points for referring you. You will recieve your first games in 2 days.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling it is my internet connection. All other games I play are flawless though. Don't know if I am going to spend the dough to upgrade it. I doubt it.

I would look at your firewalls and what ports are open on your router...shouldnt be an issue with cox or qwest being full speed on video games, upgrade should be unneccessary.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would look at your firewalls and what ports are open on your router...shouldnt be an issue with cox or qwest being full speed on video games, upgrade should be unneccessary.

I may try to bypass my router tonight. My firewall and ports are pretty much wide open, so that's not it. I may need to upgrade the firmware on the router though.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have read some things about NAT settings in the router causing issues, also firmware upgrades helping. I'm going to try to play around. You going to play tonight? Assuming you are going to DVR the game.....

Just like the story-mode, the cell phone holds a variety of options for use
during multiplayer. The following is an overview of all menus and options.

1. Phonebook
This will bring up a list of all players currently in the game. When you
select a player you have the following options:

a) Call/Hang Up
Place a cell phone call to the player. Their phone will ring and
notify them of who is calling. If they accept the call, you will have
a direct link to speak only with each other. Even if you move your
cell phone off-screen, you will still be on the call. To end a phone
call, bring up the person you are speaking with in the phonebook and
select "Hang Up". This will return you to the pre-established voice
communication setting for the match

I wonder if this overwrites private chat....

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh man i'm so pissed I had to clean my place when the maid came over to clean and now I can't find my gta4 copy anywhere :(, I mean don't wan't to pay 60 bucks for a new copy because I know that damn copy is here in a stupid place where I put it lol. I hope I find it soon because i'm ready to play gta4 online again ugh this sucks.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
40% thru.
A few of my favorite things:
-Standing on the hood of a car and putting bullets into the hood until it blows me 50 ft into the air.
-GENESIS "Mama" on 97.8 Liberty Rock
-Mission:Three Leaf Clover.... Right out of the film "Heat."
-Lobbing a single grenade into rush hour gridlock traffic and watching the domino
effect.
-Sniping S.W.A.T. team members out of helicopters.
-Getting a hat trick of private dances at the strip club.
Just to name a few.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am stuck on three leaf clover right now, awesome mission. I get through all the cops and whatnot but you have so much heat by the time you shoot people for 30 minutes and finally get in a car i just end up dying somehow. Ive tried it 4 times so far, long long mission. The checkpoints really are unsatisfactory, I would like to restart at the beginning of the mission at the bank or even start where you get the car after killing cops all through chinatown.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man i'm so pissed I had to clean my place when the maid came over to clean and now I can't find my gta4 copy anywhere :(, I mean don't wan't to pay 60 bucks for a new copy because I know that damn copy is here in a stupid place where I put it lol. I hope I find it soon because i'm ready to play gta4 online again ugh this sucks.
I have always found statements like this to be incredibly funny/ironic.

I sure do hope you find it, though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard