Good Summary of Cowherd on Murray

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The last six months or so your overall position on Murray seems to have become a little more favorable Harry. That perhaps he's "won you over" to a certain degree.

True or am I off base?
I was never anti-Murray’s ability just his perfornace. I was concerned he wasn’t making the necessary adjustments to be the Cards’ starting QB. I didn’t like the way he was being handled. I thought I saw some changes in attitude while he rehabbed. I saw more favorable indications as he returned to the field. I’m still not sure he can make all the needed adjustments but it’s worth giving him that chance. Athletes of his talent level are rare.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
He is as broken as I expected, but I like him. I just think he needs to share burdens, the coaching has changed But fundamentals never will. I don’t need a grind out run win every week, but you got to be able to run first and foremost. He should be great under center , elite , when comfortable.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I was never anti-Murray’s ability just his perfornace. I was concerned he wasn’t making the necessary adjustments to be the Cards’ starting QB. I didn’t like the way he was being handled. I thought I saw some changes in attitude while he rehabbed. I saw more favorable indications as he returned to the field. I’m still not sure he can make all the needed adjustments but it’s worth giving him that chance. Athletes of his talent level are rare.

Understood and that makes sense. Thanks!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
His argument falls flat when he says "get into the playoffs" rather than "backed into the playoffs." Sorry, but every clinching game Kyler crapped the bed. Then there's the laughable "playoff teams" argument. Yeah, Kyler's gone 2-2 against a real murderer's row of tea s lol I'm betting if CC had to start a team, Kyler wouldn't be one of the first QBs he'd want leading it.

Yes, I'm thawing a little on Kyler. I loved his grit in the Steelers game and his deep ball was there. Granted, it's probably best to keep him next year now, given how little I rate the top QBs and how much I want us to draft MHJ. I'm just not ready to crown Kyler, so to speak, nor to erase all his old problems.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As fans we have short selective memories and very little patience.
Kyler appeared to have an attitude at the start of 2022, especially after the K Boys were signed to an extension. Fans don’t like attitudes.

We will never really know the dynamic of Kyler’s relationship with Keim and Kliff. Kyler’s in a no win situation about this. If he comments in a negative manner he could come across as a whiner and offering excuses. By staying silent we are left to wonder.

Kliff allowed Kyler to continue to play sandlot football. It was a wide open college system that put the burden on Murray. Oh, it was fun for awhile. But as we saw when the rubber hit the road in December it was unsustainable.

So, the whole situation with contract, cap and roster I will be totally shocked if we do anything other than roll into next year with Murray as our Qb. I love the attitude change. I’m REALLY trying to understand Kyler’s “rebuild” and hoping like hell it works out. If Kyler can perform like he did his first 60 games 2024 could be VERY exciting.

HOWEVER, if we use a 2nd or 3rd pick on a guy like Penix it might give us what could be on the mind of Monti.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I like Cowherd but he was one of the biggest critics of Kyler and loved Keim and thought the Kingsbury hire was brilliant. J-Mac kind of called him out on it

Stout

Reaction score
Both have the same meaning dude lol.
Meh, not when Cowherd is presenting it as a positive for KM. He was clearly asserting Kyler got them there. He clearly didn't. Best you could say is he helped win enough early so that his late-season absolute suckage only almost cost them getting in.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh, not when Cowherd is presenting it as a positive for KM. He was clearly asserting Kyler got them there. He clearly didn't. Best you could say is he helped win enough early so that his late-season absolute suckage only almost cost them getting in.
He technically did get them there, lol. Clinched, backed in, fell backwards, fell forward, fell sideways, it’s all of the same. They got in the playoffs. Everything else is pretty much moot.

Stout

Reaction score
He technically did get them there, lol. Clinched, backed in, fell backwards, fell forward, fell sideways, it’s all of the same. They got in the playoffs. Everything else is pretty much moot.
Sure it is. His leadership getting us there--and playing there--sure inspired a ton of confidence moving forward.

Calling how he played down the stretch moot is just :biglaugh:You're swinging for the fences today.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure it is. His leadership getting us there--and playing there--sure inspired a ton of confidence moving forward.

Calling how he played down the stretch moot is just :biglaugh:You're swinging for the fences today.
Your argument was about the meaning of “get into the playoffs” which he did. You’re moving the goalpost for whatever reason, lol.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your argument was about the meaning of “get into the playoffs” which he did. You’re moving the goalpost for whatever reason, lol.
Games in week one mean just as much as games in week 17 in the record and a playoff berth. But subjectively, I think everybody, team and fans, prefers to get hot late and win late rather than getting in off the back of a first month win streak. Although, in the record, it makes zero difference.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The whole team played great in the early part of that season. The problem Kliff always had was making adjustments in games, during the season, or between seasons. Everyone on the planet knew what was coming almost every single drive.

I’m not 100% sure Kyler is the guy, but I’d like to see him in this offense for at least next season with a better oline and weapons(hopefully).

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson