Murray to Start vs Falcons

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Thanks alot, for some reason I couldn't find it.
Wow ! ! ! Just Wow. I get why Murray was upset on the sidelines all the time, heck if anyone on this board was stuck with Steve Keim drafting your teammates we'd all be upset but, I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before SMH. Hope the Cardinals do the right thing and take a pass on Caleb. Either that or get a therapist on the sidelines SMH
No, no, no. I don't care how bad everything was. Pouty KM was never and never will be acceptable. Part of why he turned into an absolute dog as a QB. Only part, mind you. He was awful by the end in any number of ways.

Here's to hoping he his complete turnaround is real and not just perceived, and that his play follows!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, I hate to go all toxic male but my god man have some cajones. I want no part of that guy.
Oh, it's even worse.

After TCU lost to Kansas State in the Big 12 Championship last season, TCU QB Max Duggan got emotional and was crying. In a since-deleted tweet, Caleb Williams had retweeted the video of Duggan crying with the caption "Lol." So right now, a lot of people aren't hating on him for being emotional. It's that he mocked someone else for crying after a championship game and here he is crying to his mommy (literally) after a regular season game.

Definitely a huge pass on this guy.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Oh, it's even worse.

After TCU lost to Kansas State in the Big 12 Championship last season, TCU QB Max Duggan got emotional and was crying. In a since-deleted tweet, Caleb Williams had retweeted the video of Duggan crying with the caption "Lol." So right now, a lot of people aren't hating on him for being emotional. It's that he mocked someone else for crying after a championship game and here he is crying to his mommy (literally) after a regular season game.

Definitely a huge pass on this guy.

He needs to grow up. Like, a lot.

Feel a little bad for him because it's a lot for a 20-year-kid to handle. 20-year-old Crimson Warrior would be dead in a gutter if he had that level of fame/money/pressure.

That doesn't mean that he's not a hard pass for the 2024 draft though. Hard pass.

For Williams, NFL success is a matter of if he can can get his head on straight before he does irreparable damage to his career. It's possible, but it seems like a coin flip at the moment.

Last edited:

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He needs to grow up. Like, a lot.

Feel a little bad for him because it's a lot for a 20-year-kid to handle. 20-year-old Crimson Warrior would be dead in a gutter if he had that level of fame/money/pressure.

That doesn't mean that he's not a hard pass for the 2024 draft though. Hard pass.

For Williams, NFL success a matter of if he can can get his head on straight before he does irreparable damage to his career. It's possible, but it seems like a coin flip at the moment.
So many young people are brought up in an entitled world due to their parents

Never hearing the word no and having to deal with it

Always having everything given to them without earning it

They don't have a chance to develop any kind of character skills

Makes it really difficult for them when they enter the real world and have to get a job

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So many young people are brought up in an entitled world due to their parents

Never hearing the word no and having to deal with it

Always having everything given to them without earning it

They don't have a chance to develop any kind of character skills

Makes it really difficult for them when they enter the real world and have to get a job
And it’s 100 times worse for athletes recognized as special early on. It’s not only their parents that give them the harmful treatment, but all of society. Doesn’t absolve them of responsibility for their actions, but explains why many can’t handle failure, even short-term failure.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And it’s 100 times worse for athletes recognized as special early on. It’s not only their parents that give them the harmful treatment, but all of society. Doesn’t absolve them of responsibility for their actions, but explains why many can’t handle failure, even short-term failure.

Exactly. The elite players on HS, College, are given the world and never held accountable for much if at all. Everyone needs some humble pie to make them stronger to go through issues in life. I don't understand why Caleb was crying the way he was. Was this an important game? I didn't watch any of the game and see the score wasn't even close at the end. I would understand being emotional if the game came down to the wire, but it wasn't even close.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Exactly. The elite players on HS, College, are given the world and never held accountable for much if at all. Everyone needs some humble pie to make them stronger to go through issues in life. I don't understand why Caleb was crying the way he was. Was this an important game? I didn't watch any of the game and see the score wasn't even close at the end. I would understand being emotional if the game came down to the wire, but it wasn't even close.
It was an extremely close game. It was either tied or within 7 points the entire game until Washington scored a TD to go up 10 to seal it with about 2 minutes remaining.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Dude has been hyped more than any QB in a very long time - doesn't seem to be handling it well!

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Dude has been hyped more than any QB in a very long time - doesn't seem to be handling it well!
In what way? The crying? Because he's putting up numbers in line with his Heisman trophy season.

I get there are red flags to this guy, but I feel the turn on him is a complete over-analysis.

Reaction score
You know it's gone too far when Elementary & Jr High kids are getting Tommy John surgery.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
In what way? The crying? Because he's putting up numbers in line with his Heisman trophy season.
USC already has as many losses as they did in the entirety of 2022.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dude cooks vs. bad teams and his #s are far worse vs. good teams. No concern from that angle at all?
I get there are red flags to this guy, but I feel the turn on him is a complete over-analysis.
Turn on him? He's been considered a generational prospect since he won the Heisman last year. A veteran NFC scout has even said, “He’s the best prospect maybe ever at both [running and passing].”

Pretty ridiculous hype, no? Having any skepticism apparently is over analysis.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, no, no. I don't care how bad everything was. Pouty KM was never and never will be acceptable. Part of why he turned into an absolute dog as a QB. Only part, mind you. He was awful by the end in any number of ways.

Here's to hoping he his complete turnaround is real and not just perceived, and that his play follows!
I want to agree really bad because it drove me nuts watching it but, as I’ve gotten older, it’s easy to see how immature I was in my early twenties. Hell, I don’t think I made it a full season on here without getting banned until late in the Arians’ regime. I took care of my real life responsibilities but my thought process didn’t always help. Hopefully the time away (emphasis on time) has let him reflect and grow up a bit. Everyone deserves that opportunity imo.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Some people on this site are harsh! I never liked Caleb but to be all over him for an emotional finish doesn’t seem fair. I HATE losing so if I were in the same position, I probably would have sulked like KM at a minimum. If people were honest, almost everyone else would have been disappointed too. Some would break down, some would throw stuff and other would crawl into a hole. Very few would have shrugged it off and said oh well, I’m still going to be rich. After the hype of this game and the emotional breakdown, I didn’t see a problem with it. At least he cares about it.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
USC already has as many losses as they did in the entirety of 2022.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dude cooks vs. bad teams and his #s are far worse vs. good teams. No concern from that angle at all?

Turn on him? He's been considered a generational prospect since he won the Heisman last year. A veteran NFC scout has even said, “He’s the best prospect maybe ever at both [running and passing].”

Pretty ridiculous hype, no? Having any skepticism apparently is over analysis.
I'm not holding losses solely on him when their defense gives up the 9th most ppg in all of D1 and the most out of any P5 school.

"Dude cooks vs. bad teams and his #s are far worse vs. good teams. No concern from that angle at all?"
"Pretty ridiculous hype, no? Having any skepticism apparently is over analysis."

I literally said in my first post that I get there are red flags on this guy. Not sure why you're construing it that I have no concerns or skepticism?

My point is he's doing the same thing on the field that he did last year. I don't see how he's "not handling it very well" (unless you mean the crying which I also asked about in my first post). The stats against top 5 teams also goes back to last year as well.

I feel the over-analysis applies to him and countless other players who have been elite for more than one season. Prospect fatigue is a very real thing. When a new shiny toy comes to light, people haven't had time to hone in on the dust specks.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Kyler, there's gonna be some rust and I'm not expecting him to light it up, this week he gets a pass because it's a new offense and this is his first time in his career coming back from a major injury , so I won't hold anything against him.... unless he's worse then Tune lol

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Kyler, there's gonna be some rust and I'm not expecting him to light it up, this week he gets a pass because it's a new offense and this is his first time in his career coming back from a major injury , so I won't hold anything against him.... unless he's worse then Tune lol

I expect several plays where they look out of sync but also by far the best passing accuracy we have seen.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Perhaps they are starting Murray against Atlanta to "showcase" him and later become trade partners with them.
You can't showcase any QB behind this offensive line - pretty sure that aint what's happening

Last edited: