Garrett Grayson?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am intrigued to see if we kick the tires on this kid in a mid-round pick like 3 or so.

There isn't a lot of tape on him that I could find, anyone see him play much and can provide feedback? What I see is a highly accurate guy who likes to throw the deep ball. And he's got really nice touch on the deep ball too. Moves well in the pocket, but on the long throws he's got a bit of a hitch. What I read is that he is a very intelligent guy, devours playbooks and film. Has improved year over year, and looks comfortable in a pocket-based offense. Seems like a BA type of QB, but I don't know if we take one since he loves Stanton and is committed to Logan.

People who have seen him play, what are his warts? His arm isn't huge, but I think his touch makes up for it. He can make all the throws, from what I've seen but admittedly that isn't much.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I know of him, but that's about it. I am hoping we don't spend any of our top 4 or 5 picks on a QB. I feel we are in a win now mode, and there are just too many players in this draft that can help us immediately, even if they don't start.

It's funny, but I am sure I am into hundreds of hours of reading and watching film on players in this draft. I guess I have never spent this much time and effort on a draft because previously I hadn't found so many late round players that I like, especially at the small schools. I am really more aware now how important it is to have the best coaches you can find, at any expense, teaching these young players how to act, eat, study, practice, sleep, and play.

Developing players who have the qualities you are looking for is the key to improving your team now a days, much more so than acquiring those instant stars. I finally see completely why Belichik has always coveted all those late round picks he acquires by trading back each year. He must be a genius at finding and developing talent, and surrounds his players with the ultimate in coaching talent.

The one thing I believe NFL teams are missing the boat on, is having a team psychologist. Every player should have to attend a one hour session each week with a good psychologist to help them deal with their own misgivings and personality quirks and urges. Maybe some of these "kids" could better relate to their seeming need to get high or do destructive things. We need to "treat" these players before their negative instances occur, not afterwards.

Oops, I am rambling! Snap out of it, you fool. :bang:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The Cards won't take a QB. Arians basically said Logan Thomas is the developmental QB. There is no room for another.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard