Gannon roasted for pep talk

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Allen and Murphy are proper mid guys. Nothing worse than investing good money in mid guys for a rebuilding team.

If Allen and Murphy were still here would you really think much better of the roster? I wouldn't.
You need mid tier veterans to rebuild a roster. It’s the difference between a one-year rebuild and a rebuild of indeterminate length.

We’re probably not Re-signing anyone next offseason; I’d rather have two more improving veterans under contract for another two years than having people say in March 2024 “well now we’re finally ready to start rebuilding.”

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
They won 4 games last year .. so probably the same this year....and the same this new crew is gonna get.

I don't know.. maybe Ron.

But we're on the path were on, and I still view all of the new leaders favorably. They deserve a fair chance to implement their vision for the team. IMO, how the roster looks on 09/10/24 will be a much more significant data point for evaluating MO.

It sucks to have wait that long but that's the consequence of bad ownership and bad GM'ing feeding off each other in truly disgusting fashion like they did the last several years on Hardy Drive.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess, DRC, the counter argument is what if we had kept Murphy, Allen and Dhop, and then added the same players we've added in FA (which I assume would work out from a dollars standpoint).

How competitive would we be in that scenario?
The same people that 'want us to be competitive' are some of the same people that says we have one of the worst rosters in the NFL. The two don't jive.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Now we waffle on Kyler and have maybe one or two foundational pieces and we’re at least another year from competing.

It's not waffling.

You paid Kyler and he went out and regressed significantly. Never could win when it counted anyway. Now throw in an ACL and a gutted roster (very few 2nd contract players) and here we are.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The constant reminder of the Bama game is weird, too.

Does anyone care that Jalen Hurts got ran off the field against LSU in 2019?

Does it matter that Mahomes only played in 1 bowl game & lost that one by a lot?

Caleb Williams lost against a Louisiana team not named LSU in his bowl game. That should be a huge deal, right?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The same people that 'want us to be competitive' are some of the same people that says we have one of the worst rosters in the NFL. The two don't jive.
Why not? I assume you’re including me here.

Hovering a game or two above or below .500 is the default position in the NFL. Aiming well below it is a choice made by this front office. I don’t get how that’s hard to grok.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Does it matter that Mahomes only played in 1 bowl game & lost that one by a lot?

Caleb Williams lost against a Louisiana team not named LSU in his bowl game. That should be a huge deal, right?
It’s another data point. Kyler has had maybe five or six games to affirmatively lead his team somewhere (including qualifying for the playoffs) and come up short in each one.

Most of those other guys proved themselves afterwards when they had the chance.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

It's a pattern for Kyler.

What have Hurts and Mahomes done since then? Same thing as Kyler or made it happen?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s another data point. Kyler has had maybe five or six games to affirmatively lead his team somewhere (including qualifying for the playoffs) and come up short in each one.

Most of those other guys proved themselves afterwards when they had the chance.
A guy like Justin Herbert hasn’t. That’s why I’m curious on his what’s his stance on him.

Caleb failed twice last season against inferior teams on-paper so I’m interested on why he’s so into him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
A guy like Justin Herbert hasn’t. That’s why I’m curious on his what’s his stance on him.

Caleb failed twice last season against inferior teams on-paper so I’m interested on why he’s so into him.
Herbert didn’t back into the playoffs last year, did he? He put 30 on the Jags; hard to blame him for that.

I don’t think that Gannon and Monti are going to let Kyler kill this opportunity.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Herbert didn’t back into the playoffs last year, did he? He put 30 on the Jags; hard to blame him for that.

I don’t think that Gannon and Monti are going to let Kyler kill this opportunity.
1 Touchdown Justin Herbert did that? Isn’t that the same game where his defense helped him with 4 INTs with very good field position?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No because you can also use it next year, which means if it's a question at all, you 100% prepare for it.

I think people are being naive about the narrative on Murray. At one point I was a denier, but the evidence is overwhelming that there are problems with the relationship. Maybe Murray can mend the relationship based on his improved leadership, but it's kind of ignorant to not admit there were significant issues.

If I was taking over as GM, I would play the situation the same way if Murray is questionable. If they blew their was in free agency this year like many are/were advocating, that would have also likely meant they would have to have pushed money into next year.

Just imagine a year where the Cardinals had $35 million in cap space, but had to take an $80 million cap hit to move Murray. Talk about setting back a rebuild. What is being advocated by people like @kerouac9 would have been a multi season disaster, instead of taking your lumps in one year.
Except using that much money on FAs in one offseason just isn't wise. A giant FA spending spree is the opposite of good team building. You add a few pieces in every FA period. You don't pass on one then splurge in another. So we're back to being in a bad place if they don't cut KM next offseason.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
What do you think of Justin Herbert?

He is better than Kyler.

People fail my guy...it's what you do after that.

Kyler failed in the 2nd half of the season (many times), failed in the playoffs vs Rams (one of the worst performances I can remember), scrubbed his IG/acted like a b%$#@, got paid but with a study clause (SMH- that is your leader?), then came out and completely regressed in every way in 2022.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is better than Kyler.

People fail my guy...it's what you do after that.

Kyler failed in the 2nd half of the season (many times), failed in the playoffs vs Rams (one of the worst performances I can remember), scrubbed his IG/acted like a b%$#@, got paid but with a study clause (SMH- that is your leader?), then came out and completely regressed in every way in 2022.

Not even close to the same situation.

You know that.
Saying “I’m being a hypocrite. My bad.” could have saved you a whole lot of time instead of all of this.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Except using that much money on FAs in one offseason just isn't wise. A giant FA spending spree is the opposite of good team building. You add a few pieces in every FA period. You don't pass on one then splurge in another. So we're back to being in a bad place if they don't cut KM next offseason.
LOL it's better than having to cut multiple good players to accommodate cutting Murray.

Sometimes you just have to choose, and based on your comments, you should understand Monti hedging his bet on Murray.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Saying “I’m being a hypocrite. My bad.” could have saved you a whole lot of time instead of all of this.
You started with comparing Kyler to Mahomes and Hurts.

Then you back tracked to Herbert.

Herbert has had a better pro career than Kyler. Bring your facts to dispute it.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You started with comparing Kyler to Mahomes and Hurts.

Then you back tracked to Herbert.

Herbert has had a better pro career than Kyler. Bring your facts to dispute it.
Backtracked? My first post to you was about Herbert, guy. You just purposely ignored it. Use your eyes.

The discussion was never about Herbert vs Kyler. Only you made that up in your head yourself. You only flipped it to that because I called you out on your hypocrisy & you’ve been dodging & ducking like Smokey & Craig on “Friday”.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92