Gannon "I have no scheme, no playbook. Its in my brain." That and thoughts on Arizona being as tough for the Eagles as the Chiefs.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So we go from a coach who didn't believe in the concept of practice to one who has no scheme or game plan, what do candidates and Bidwill discuss in interviews? Anything but football?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So we go from a coach who didn't believe in the concept of practice to one who has no scheme or game plan, what do candidates and Bidwill discuss in interviews? Anything but football?
FWIW, defensive football "plays" always seem weird to me. The offense really dictates so much; they know what they're going to do. The defense has to respond to what the offense is doing or rush heedlessly into nothing.

I don't really pretend to understand much about football plays at the NFL level, but I'm guessing it's a lot like Pete Carroll's "rules" where the DC is going to push personnel and formation and the players know what to do and how to react based on the lineup and action.

This has benefits because the defense can never be wrong; they're always responding with the "perfect" answer, but if one or two guys don't follow the rules or get crossed up, it can be a real disaster.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Eh I write it off to the fact we don’t have much else to pick apart. We can’t talk about Gannon as a head coach or rallis or petzeg as coordinators because they haven’t done it yet. So we are left with greetings and hugs and age and past titles. And soundbytes. It’s the offseason and we aren’t close to draft yet.
yup. because the only option is to talk ****.
its not like we can discuss free agency or the draft... because they have not signed or drafted the wrong damn guy yet...
we cant talk about potential logo or uniform changes because they have not made the worst damn choice possible yet.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The article goes further into the concept. It's basically just Gannon saying the scheme will adjust week to week, like Belichick does. Gannon thinks too many teams are overly concerned with running "their stuff" rather than considering matchups. There is no "Gannon system" that is going to be installed

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

At the bottom of this article Dawkins loses all credibility with me by endorsing VJ as the next DC for the Eagles lol. For the record, the worst QB to blitz is Mahomes, this year's OL isn't the same patchwork one that attempted to block the Bucs in the SB 2 years prior.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Gannon is quite witty and outgoing. Kingsbury started 90% of his responses with “ umm”.
Gannon also appears to be a guy the will get a little snarky with stupid questions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose