Gannon "I have no scheme, no playbook. Its in my brain." That and thoughts on Arizona being as tough for the Eagles as the Chiefs.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"I have no scheme, no playbook. Its in my brain."

That’s a completely bizarre thing to say. Lunatic fringe.
Probably get blasted for this, but it just reminds me of Kyler saying he just naturally knows so much and see's so much in his huge brain that he doesn't need to study much. On its face, it's absolutely ludicrous.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like how he looked at Moore and looked like he was thinking, are there any players over 6’ on this team?
He was thinking “If I am playing Kyler under center more I’m gonna need OL about his height.”

And before everyone craps themselves, no I don’t want Kyler in shotgun all the time.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Philly lost some coaches and wanted to pay JG more. Love it how he said whatever; see you later. Maybe the Eagles will settle for worse defensive coaches. Every coach was once him before they rose to prominence as a house hold name.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Pew! Pew!
Bee-Boop! Pew! Pew!

Or something wacky to that effect.
I've heard it since I posted that. Some find it weird but I think it's funny lol. His players love him, they say he's also hard on them but I've always enjoyed people more that can make me laugh. I think he's just being himself but I totally get the skeptics after hearing him be silly after the **** show that got fired.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's been a struggle for the team and the fans

We had a little something with Whiz and BA

But other than that it's been a lot of bad football

Will this staff be able to make it work?

I have no idea

I hope they do, but I'll be one of the first to call them out

What's the frame of reference? Are we going back 50 years?

In the last 10 years the team is 80-80-2. That's 15th overall and better than the Bengals, 49ers, Chargers, Titans, Dolphins, and a bunch of other teams.

We're 4 wins less than the Rams. The Jags, god bless them, are 49-113. Be greatful you're not a Jags fan.

We can go 11-6 and fans say "but long term we still suck". We could win 5 years on the trot and fans would say "Yeah but historically were a bad franchise".

How about as a fan base we forget the ancient history and just focus on the recent? Otherwise it's going to take 40-50 years of consistent winning to wipe out the past.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Pew! Pew!
Bee-Boop! Pew! Pew!

Or something wacky to that effect.

Lol. Hey, Siriani was talking about flowers. Hoping for the same result.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but it’s kind of funny how many on this site pick apart every movement, syllable and video clip to analyze and conclude what this head coach is all about.
I don’t care if he stands on his head and wears a clown suit if his methods work.
I’m wary of such a young staff but I’m not about to start shoveling dirt on the new regime based on how they say hello. It’s silly.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sorry, but it’s kind of funny how many on this site pick apart every movement, syllable and video clip to analyze and conclude what this head coach is all about.
I don’t care if he stands on his head and wears a clown suit if his methods work.
I’m wary of such a young staff but I’m not about to start shoveling dirt on the new regime based on how they say hello. It’s silly.
Eh I write it off to the fact we don’t have much else to pick apart. We can’t talk about Gannon as a head coach or rallis or petzeg as coordinators because they haven’t done it yet. So we are left with greetings and hugs and age and past titles. And soundbytes. It’s the offseason and we aren’t close to draft yet.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
From NFL Rumors:

"It appears that the Eagles’ brass had some idea that Gannon would be a hot commodity and prepared a counteroffer to keep him in place. According to Gannon, the team offered him a new contract that would pay him more than he would make as a head coach.

As much as Gannon claims to have loved Philadelphia, head coach Nick Sirianni, general manager Howie Roseman, and owner Jeffrey Lurie, the prospect of becoming a head coach was too enticing. Gannon credits Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill, general manager Monti Ossenfort, and Murray with making the job so alluring, so much so that he was willing to turn down a rich new deal to retain a position in which he knew he could succeed."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose