Gameface (2007) - Chaplin's film

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Chap. Perhaps, now you get put all your energies into the NBA Keeper League Draft. :)

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why does IMDB say that one "Olivia Balardo" was the producer? Sex change for Chap? :shrug:

Congrats on the film and especially the great premiere! I have a brother in law who is a composer (a brother of Orson Scott Card, the sci-fi writer - talented family) and he was on cloud nine when he finally got some stuff in the national/international limelight. Good job, Chap.

Last edited:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why does IMDB say that one "Olivia Balardo" was the producer? Sex change for Chap? :shrug:

Congrats on the film and especially the great premiere! I have a brother in law who is a composer (a brother of Orson Scott Card, the sci-fi writer - talented family) and he was on cloud nine when he finally got some stuff in the national/international limelight. Good job, Chap.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800044/fullcredits#cast

It says Michael Bradshaw right under her name

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Thanks everybody.

The "star Meter" is based on how many page views the page gets. So thanks to you guys, next week it should go up! :D

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks everybody.

The "star Meter" is based on how many page views the page gets. So thanks to you guys, next week it should go up! :D

Hey, I even started you a message board.

I really wish I could have gone to see the movie...the review on its page is very interesting.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
anyway ASFN'ers can get a screener?

We have a few decisions to make about whether this is the FINAL cut or not. After that, we may have some distribution deals going on.

In a perfect world, I'd also love to have the film play in Phoenix during a festival or something, since most of my family is there.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a few decisions to make about whether this is the FINAL cut or not. After that, we may have some distribution deals going on.

In a perfect world, I'd also love to have the film play in Phoenix during a festival or something, since most of my family is there.

I'm sure I would go out of my way to see it, if you could ever arrange it. Doesn't the theatre on Mill allow for indie movies to be played there?

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm sure I would go out of my way to see it, if you could ever arrange it. Doesn't the theatre on Mill allow for indie movies to be played there?

It would be virtually impossible for the film to be played in Phoenix unless it was in a film festival or had some kind of distribution deal. And the odds on a deal that included theatrical exhibition are so astronomical, it's not even worth talking about.

The trick is to get a reputation, which we're hopefully building now. That comment on the IMDB page helps a lot. Most likely, any distribution deal will be for DVD, with an outside chance of international theatrical distribution.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be virtually impossible for the film to be played in Phoenix unless it was in a film festival or had some kind of distribution deal. And the odds on a deal that included theatrical exhibition are so astronomical, it's not even worth talking about.

The trick is to get a reputation, which we're hopefully building now. That comment on the IMDB page helps a lot. Most likely, any distribution deal will be for DVD, with an outside chance of international theatrical distribution.

The "Tempe Festival of the Arts" seems like a perfect opportunity. It happens very spring/fall.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chap, have you not contacted Dan Harkins yet? He can be kind of a downer, but he's the only guy with the interest and ability of supporting independent film in this town.

If you can get an Arizona showing, I can hook you up with the Republic contacts. Maybe a free showing ... just to grab someone's attention.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update?!?!? How'd it go?

Really well.

Very nice turnout for the film. With some festivals you end up with only cast members, their friends, and a few walkups as an audience. This seemed to be a crowd much bigger than that.

It was great to see Chap "in his element." I know it was a big night for him.

Gameface

I really liked the film. It has a great feel to it and delivers a captivating story. You want to see where it leads and find yourself caring about the characters. I did find myself second-guessing some of the plot direction, but without it ... certain scenes (memorable scenes) would not have been possible.

I left the theater pondering several lines of dialogue and scenes between actors/actresses...and humming to some of the music still playing over and over in my head.

The thing that made the entire experience even greater was the Q-n-A. Chap is not kidding about the post-film reactions. One of the DWF people had to clear her throat and point at her watch to stop the discussion.

Can't wait to see what happens in the future for this film and Chap of course.

So glad we made the trip. :thumbup:

Congrats, MB !! :jedi:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard