JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Your film?

Explain for us who don't know. :)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are we allowed to post great reviews of the film before we see it?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The movie released a few weeks ago, or the trailer? Looks interesting.

Congrats.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
As a film student I really liked the trailer and the music. Well done Chap!

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's just the trailer. We are prepping the film to be submitted to South x Southwest (film festival in Austin, TX) next week for March.

And yes, I produced and edited it. And did some impromptu directing throughout the shoot.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If anyone from California is interested, I just received word this morning that my film Gameface will be premiering sometime between July 6th and 12th at the Laemmle Sunset 5 theater in Hollywood. The theater is generally considered the #1 independent movie theater showing alternative titles. It is part of the Dances with Films film festival.

This is a huge deal, since we were unsure when and if we would premiere it, and we certainly didn't expect it to be at a theater of that quality. We have a lot of sound work to do, but it's looking good, and it should be a fitting culmination to the last year and a half of nonstop work on it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone from California is interested, I just received word this morning that my film Gameface will be premiering sometime between July 6th and 12th at the Laemmle Sunset 5 theater in Hollywood. The theater is generally considered the #1 independent movie theater showing alternative titles. It is part of the Dances with Films film festival.

This is a huge deal, since we were unsure when and if we would premiere it, and we certainly didn't expect it to be at a theater of that quality. We have a lot of sound work to do, but it's looking good, and it should be a fitting culmination to the last year and a half of nonstop work on it.

:thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice, Chap. Some interesting shots in there.

If I'm in LA in mid July, I'll try and catch it. :thumbup:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
hey chap, if you remember, PM cheese and me. we'll go if we're reminded. congrats man!

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If anybody cares, my movie was mentioned in this month's Maxim--one of our actresses is a Maxim model. If you have the latest issue with Megan Fox on the cover, it's on page 32.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anybody cares, my movie was mentioned in this month's Maxim--one of our actresses is a Maxim model. If you have the latest issue with Megan Fox on the cover, it's on page 32.

right on Chap!

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
right on Chap!

It's actually pretty cool. The publicity is probably minimal, but it can't hurt to have the name of your film mentioned in a national publication. And associated with an amazingly hot girl doesn't hurt, either.