Game of Thrones (HBO)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously though, that kid playing him has some real acting chops. To be that young and to portray evil so well is scary.

I know for story sake they are going to drag this out all season but I seriously want to see him get backhanded and someone bend him over their knee in front of all his subjects. LOL.

There are a couple characters that get under my skin. Damn....I want to see a few of them get what coming to them for betraying Stark and I hate that it probably won't happen any time soon. LOL.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I know for story sake they are going to drag this out all season but I seriously want to see him get backhanded and someone bend him over their knee in front of all his subjects. LOL.

There are a couple characters that get under my skin. Damn....I want to see a few of them get what coming to them for betraying Stark and I hate that it probably won't happen any time soon. LOL.

Even worse, they may not stick to the "one book, one season" approach, so they can string it out even longer.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's increasingly hard to appropriately dislike Littlefinger when he's played by the guy who played one of my favorite Wire characters in Tommy Carcetti. I shouldn't be enjoying Petyr as much as I am.

Oh, that scene with the queen got this reaction from me:

Man, how can Cersei be any more of an idiotic woman? She just has no clue how to wield power, and seems to always do her level best to muck it up. I'm reading a lot of what's coming in the books into this, of course, but you can't do that to Littlefinger and not kill him. She's just too stupid to realize it.

Even worse, they may not stick to the "one book, one season" approach, so they can string it out even longer.

I read the other day that it's supposed to be a 6-season run, so no, they will not be stretching books longer than one season.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Oh, that scene with the queen got this reaction from me:

Man, how can Cersei be any more of an idiotic woman? She just has no clue how to wield power, and seems to always do her level best to muck it up. I'm reading a lot of what's coming in the books into this, of course, but you can't do that to Littlefinger and not kill him. She's just too stupid to realize it.

I read the other day that it's supposed to be a 6-season run, so no, they will not be stretching books longer than one season.

Really? I heard the showrunners said they were definitely breaking Book 3 into 2 seasons. I guess they could combine 4 and 5 into a single season, but with seven planned books, I can't imagine they would only have 6 seasons.

EW Interviewer: And are you still planning to split Book 3 into two seasons?
Benioff: As George and all his fans have said for a long time, there’s no way to do it in a single season, so it’s being broken into two. We’re still kind of figuring out exactly what goes where. We don’t want it to feel like a two-part season. Another rumor is that we’re shooting both seasons simultaneously, which would be a really efficient way to do things, but you can’t write it.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
Eh, who can say? This season is going to be book 2. I'd love it if we would start getting multiple seasons per book...that means more of the show!

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Book two is nothing to slouch at. Drop your ***** and grab your socks, this entire series is one wild ride.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score

That kid seriously looks like an incestuous child born from the depths of hell!!!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Or worse in typical HBO fashion they will just flat cancel the show after 2 or 3 seasons never finishing it.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Or worse in typical HBO fashion they will just flat cancel the show after 2 or 3 seasons never finishing it.

I just want them to get to show the RW episode and watch the Internet melt down the next day.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Damn you for bringing bad karma! May the house of Shane be cursed for eternity. :devil:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
already picked up for Season 3.

Love this show... but i'm missing Khalesi this season. Her screen time has been pretty scarce so far this season... oh... and more Peter Dinklage please. The guy just owns every scene he's in.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
My wife says its following the book and it will pick up soon but I fell asleep watching episode 2.

Stout

Reaction score
already picked up for Season 3.

Love this show... but i'm missing Khalesi this season. Her screen time has been pretty scarce so far this season... oh... and more Peter Dinklage please. The guy just owns every scene he's in.

You'll definitely get more Dany and Tyrion. Heck, you already have had a good deal of Tyrion! Don't worry, though--he's crucial to this season.

My wife says its following the book and it will pick up soon but I fell asleep watching episode 2.

Pfft.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the one new character I'm not sold on is Stanis. Either he doesn't have much to do so far or i just don't like the actor. I DO like his second in command, the pirate who's joined their ranks and the red-headed-hottie, but there's nothing interesting to me about Stanis right now.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heart Dany, she's the best. Arya Stark is my absolute favorite character from the books though - closely followed by the Imp.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the one new character I'm not sold on is Stanis. Either he doesn't have much to do so far or i just don't like the actor. I DO like his second in command, the pirate who's joined their ranks and the red-headed-hottie, but there's nothing interesting to me about Stanis right now.

There's nothing interesting about Stannis in the first place. His character is a cold, boring stick in the mud in the first place.

The story around him is pretty wicked though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's nothing interesting about Stannis in the first place. His character is a cold, boring stick in the mud in the first place.

The story around him is pretty wicked though.

that's kind of what I'm picking up on.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
that's kind of what I'm picking up on.

I like the idea of Stannis. His micro-managing of the letter in his debut was a pitch-perfect look into the character. He is incorruptible and unforgiving, yet he surrounds himself with very flawed people. The reason you hate him is the same reason he can't just waltz in and take the Throne. The people feel the same way. They can't love him, no matter how strong his claim is. It looks like in the next episode, he will be contrasted with his younger brother, who is more charismatic but has a lesser claim to the throne.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

There's a better chance they'll finish this one because they won't have any actors last more than a couple of seasons so they won't have huge payroll expenses or prima donnas to deal with.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson