Game of Thrones (HBO)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of season three will be epic. Several times in that book I felt it could have ended right there with a greaat finish, only to keep on going to another huge scene, and over and over. I loved that one, 1000 pages and all.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished watching latest episode on my DVR. It was OK. Next week looks to be really good!!!

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
All of season three will be epic. Several times in that book I felt it could have ended right there with a greaat finish, only to keep on going to another huge scene, and over and over. I loved that one, 1000 pages and all.

I had heard that book three will be split between two seasons.

I honestly think it will lose the critics at that point. I was listening to a podcast of the Grantland TV critic and he called the series, the most dependable television show. He explained that he trusts that the writers know what they are doing and know where they are going. He admitted that he had not read the books. I really think he and the other critics are going to have a WTF moment during season three.

I do have to admit, I had a WTF moment in book three too. I had to put it down for a day or two. Overall though I like the interpretation of the story so far.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I honestly think it will lose the critics at that point. I was listening to a podcast of the Grantland TV critic and he called the series, the most dependable television show. He explained that he trusts that the writers know what they are doing and know where they are going. He admitted that he had not read the books. I really think he and the other critics are going to have a WTF moment during season three.

I do have to admit, I had a WTF moment in book three too. I had to put it down for a day or two. Overall though I like the interpretation of the story so far.

Multiple WTF moments in book three. Several.

If the series is going to falter it will be when it does book 4. It's a tough one for a series format to take - I'm not yet done with it but it took me halfway through to get fully back in swing. That doesn't work for a TV audience..but of course they could cut corners and cut story like crazy...or introduce plots in a previous season...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Oh, it had many WTF moments, to be sure, but I don't think they will put people or critics off. In fact, I think they will make it even more intriguing. This series breaks all the molds, and absolutely destroys classical archetypes. Far from making me put the books down, it made me read them ever more voraciously.

Multiple WTF moments in book three. Several.

If the series is going to falter it will be when it does book 4. It's a tough one for a series format to take - I'm not yet done with it but it took me halfway through to get fully back in swing. That doesn't work for a TV audience..but of course they could cut corners and cut story like crazy...or introduce plots in a previous season...

How much do you want to bet that they don't do it just on book 4, but that they meld the parts of book 4 and book 5 that are supposed to go together? Martin has said he regrets breaking it up like that, and it would be suicide to do it like it was in the books.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, it had many WTF moments, to be sure, but I don't think they will put people or critics off. In fact, I think they will make it even more intriguing. This series breaks all the molds, and absolutely destroys classical archetypes. Far from making me put the books down, it made me read them ever more voraciously.

I always have to remind myself that

Jamie Lannister tried to kill Bran!!! Martin turned Jamie on his head completely, and I like the hell out of him, and that attempted murder keeps bothering me. I understand why he did it of course, but it gets harder and harder to dislike him the more and more Martin unveils him. I dig the kingslayer...and it pisses me off because HE TRIED TO KILL BRAN!! :) Briene and Jamie are two awesome characters, and I'm at the point of book 4 where he is defending her honor as a highborn lady. Another awesome turn for Jamie, who is discovering himself apart from his twin at the same time that we are discovering him. Jamie chapters absolutely make book 4 for me.

Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Oh, it had many WTF moments, to be sure, but I don't think they will put people or critics off. In fact, I think they will make it even more intriguing.

Based on the preview for next week, I am thinking one of those WTF moments might close the episode.

I also have a question, is the actress that plays Brienne really that tall, or was it a trick of CGI? Sometimes when she walked, it looked a little disjointed with what was going on around her, but it could have been the armor she was wearing.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can they just f'n kill joffry now PLEASE??

Most annoying character on TV! lol

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but how frickin' cool is it that we have to deal with a sociopath/serial killer type as the KING! :D

Little fracken psychopath. LOL.

Also, I was happy to see that the smoke monster from LOST finally found another acting gig.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Can they just f'n kill joffry now PLEASE??

Most annoying character on TV! lol

Well the whole point of the show is that there are like 4 other rivals who want to take his spot on the throne, so his days are numbered, right?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the whole point of the show is that there are like 4 other rivals who want to take his spot on the throne, so his days are numbered, right?

Of course. Doesn't change the fact that he is by far the most annoying character to watch in all of television! :D

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course. Doesn't change the fact that he is by far the most annoying character to watch in all of television! :D

Or read about. I wanted to reach into my Kindle and rip his smarmy bitch ass throat out several times.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok if they can just send that smoke monster to kill a potential king and enemy why not just send it in to kill Joffrey in the same manner?

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok if they can just send that smoke monster to kill a potential king and enemy why not just send it in to kill Joffrey in the same manner?

Wondering that myself. It appears that this weapon seriously skews the balance of power unless there is going to be some anti-smoke magic they introduce.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

There is a reason, like Donald said. The smoke monster isn't a weapon they can use over and over. It does feel a little like a cheat, but you'll get over it pretty quick when they unravel the rest of the season.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
What balance? The best part of SoIaF is that the whole series is pure chaos.