G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
freaking liberal hollywood strikes again. WOW!

I dont think that this is a Liberal Hollywood move at all. It seems more like a "corporate" hollywood that is trying to make GI Joe as marketable as possible to the entire world and not just the United States.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think that this is a Liberal Hollywood move at all. It seems more like a "corporate" hollywood that is trying to make GI Joe as marketable as possible to the entire world and not just the United States.

:yeahthat:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean people in South Korea don't want to watch a traditional ugly American wave a flag and shoot a gun at non-white native people?

I'm not following your logic here. I thought everyone liked American movies where America is the center of the righteous-and-holy universe.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
leave it to some corproate douchebag to make a timeless cartoon boxed into the current shortsighted money grab of today.

Some ideas to make this movie the douchiest in history

Cobra (Coalition Of Bastard Republicans Againstgreenlifestyles) actually isn't trying to take over the world by force but by drilling for oil.

Cobra Commander will lose his mask and resemble the likeness George Bush or at the very least utter an endless spree of George Bush like quotes throughout the movie.

Maybe they can sexy up Lady Jane by slapping some stelletos or a seethrough fatigue on her. Definately need to give the under 18 crowd who's only female contact is some 40 year old man playing a female wood elf in WoW...kissy kissy kissy teehee lol I am so hawt IRL....something to get sexed up for.

Doc or Iceberg can be the ultimate hero and teach white people a lesson that racism is bad.

Sgt Slaughter has turned green and teaches people how helping the environment and preventing global warming is the most important lesson to be learned.

Shipwreck is the gay joe who is successful in making the point that don't ask/don't tell is a failed policy.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
how could I forget, Scarlett could be a butch gay woman who adopts a child and ends up being the most superior parent.

Spirit can show white people that praisig the spirit of the buffalo god will ultimately give you a green light to slaughter animlas

Quick Kick could stop a nuclear bomb from detonating and make references to WWII and Hiroshima emphasing how it was wrong to use the atomic bomb, yet completely grazing over any other history in WWII.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Treesquid,

I doubt that I am the first one to tell you this but you need to get a grip. Its just a movie.

Sincerely,

Commisioner of Common Sense.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sweet! Snake Eyes was my favorite.

Park was awesome as Darth Maul. He will make the perfect Snake Eyes.

I personally could care less if they make it multi-national. It would make the movie fit better with the modern days. Transformers was shot in the modern day also. I don't remember seeing a Hummer H2 in the original Transformers. Funny no one complained about Ratchet being a Hummer instead of an Ambulance. Where is the outrage! Instead of Ratchet being a vehicle that helps people he is actually an Autobot that is killing the environment! :lol:

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Sweet! Snake Eyes was my favorite.

Park was awesome as Darth Maul. He will make the perfect Snake Eyes.

I personally could care less if they make it multi-national. It would make the movie fit better with the modern days. Transformers was shot in the modern day also. I don't remember seeing a Hummer H2 in the original Transformers. Funny no one complained about Ratchet being a Hummer instead of an Ambulance. Where is the outrage! Instead of Ratchet being a vehicle that helps people he is actually an Autobot that is killing the environment! :lol:
You are partly right...

Ratchet was a H2 ambulance

You must be registered for see images attach

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are partly right...

Ratchet was a H2 ambulance

Hummer H2 Search and Rescue vehicle is clearly different from your classic White and Red Nissan Ambulance.
You must be registered for see images

Obviously it was done purely for GM Marketing purposes. They could have made him more of a classic Ambulance. Not that it bothered me. I'm just trying to show how silly all this "I'm not going to see this because they are changing the original story" stuff is.

If you want a better example then there is Megatron. He used to transform into a Walther P-38 handgun. I don't even know what he was in the movie. Some kind of jet or something.

It worked for me though. As I'm sure the GI JOE movie will work also.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't Megatron make his way into some of the GI Joe episodes or something like that? I seem to remember Cobra Commander using Megatron in his gun form. It's been so long I can't remember.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Hummer H2 Search and Rescue vehicle is clearly different from your classic White and Red Nissan Ambulance.
You must be registered for see images

Obviously it was done purely for GM Marketing purposes. They could have made him more of a classic Ambulance. Not that it bothered me. I'm just trying to show how silly all this "I'm not going to see this because they are changing the original story" stuff is.

If you want a better example then there is Megatron. He used to transform into a Walther P-38 handgun. I don't even know what he was in the movie. Some kind of jet or something.

It worked for me though. As I'm sure the GI JOE movie will work also.
Absolutely, GM paid like $20 mil to show off their product. To bad GM didn't build the new Camero in the movie. Steve Saleen did...

Also, Megatron never took an Earth vehicle form. That is why he looked like a futuristic fighter aircraft. To me there should be a balance between old and new.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marlon Wayans has signed on to play Ripcord in the real life G.I. Joe movie.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Marlon Wayans has signed on to play Ripcord in the real life G.I. Joe movie.

I heard that. He did a good job in Requiem for a Dream, so although my initial reaction was more to the Wayans name, I've calmed down since.

Trying not to "rush to judgment". Simeon would be proud.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:notworthy

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:notworthy

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miller Wears Fake Boobs For G.I. Joe
23 June 2008 12:06 PM, PDT

Actress Sienna Miller was forced to wear fake breasts for her role in forthcoming action movie G.I. Joe - because her own cleavage was not big enough for director Stephen Sommers.

The Alfie star joins Dennis Quaid and Brendan Fraser to play femme fatale The Baroness in the upcoming movie, which is based on the popular U.S. play figure and TV series.

But Miller admits she was left slightly stunned when Sommers told her her small chest had to be given an extra boost so she would look more curvaceous on screen.

She says, "(I wear a) tight black leather outfit. And much bigger boobs.

"They gave me these things that looked like chicken fillets. The director said, 'I'm gonna be honest, I like girls with big boobs', and I don't have them so we made them bigger.

"At least he's honest. But I was mildly offended."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard