Furious 7

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Up to $320 Domestic, Over $1 BILLION International - only third movie ever to rake in over a $1 billion outside the US.

Up to #5 All-time World-wide. Should move up to #4 this week. Now the highest grossing movie ever in China.

Of course, Age of Ultron will likely beat Furious 7 everywhere

Crazy. Too bad this is the last one (at least w/o Paul Walker).

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Up to #4 all-time. Needs $90 Million to pass the Avengers for #3

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Up to #4 all-time. Needs $90 Million to pass the Avengers for #3

I might buy a ticket for Furious 7 that is playing around the same time as Avenger's II and sneak into Avenger's II just to increase that Furious 7 pot by $10 :D

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Furious' reign as the domestic top grosser for 2015 will come to an end soon - Avengers is only $26 Million behind, so by end of week will pass Furious

Now $52 Million behind Avengers for #3 All-time Worldwide. Took in $38 Million world wide.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Avengers blew past Furious 7 for Domestic Box Office Year lead - $372M to $344M

Furious is now 30th all-time Domestic (Avengers is at #25)

Furious is now $30 Million behind the original Avengers for World-wide all-time, but Ag of Ultron may pass them both - up to #8 all-time at 1.142 Billion

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Avengers blew past Furious 7 for Domestic Box Office Year lead - $372M to $344M

Furious is now 30th all-time Domestic (Avengers is at #25)

Furious is now $30 Million behind the original Avengers for World-wide all-time, but Ag of Ultron may pass them both - up to #8 all-time at 1.142 Billion

i'll be surprised if Ultron passes the original Avengers. I think it's domestic take will be what keeps it from rising above. Looks like it'll top out at around 450 million, which will be 180 million below what the original made and that'll be the difference.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Furious now at $347 Domestic, $1.499 Billion Worldwide. Today should pass 1.5 Billion today, only $19 Million behind Avengers

Ultron at $410 Domestic, $1.18 Billion Worldwide

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Furious now at $347 Domestic, $1.499 Billion Worldwide. Today should pass 1.5 Billion today, only $19 Million behind Avengers

Ultron at $410 Domestic, $1.18 Billion Worldwide

that's insane that Furious 7 is going to pass The Avengers. No one in their right mind could have predicted that.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's insane that Furious 7 is going to pass The Avengers. No one in their right mind could have predicted that.

I think the Chinese market helped - #1 All-time there, almost $400 Million

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Chinese market helped - #1 All-time there, almost $400 Million

no doubt... international deniro is the driving force behind this box office bonanza. adding as diverse a cast of characters, globe-trotting all around the world has given has been the key to not just the longevity of the franchise, but the continued IMPROVED return on the studio's biggest investment. add in the Paul Walker death bump/send off and you've got a juggernaut.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Furious now at $349 Domestic, $1.506 Billion Worldwide - only $12 Million behind Avengers. Slowing down but should eventually pass them.

Ultron at $427 Domestic, $1.32 Billion Worldwide - could still beat both Avengers and Furious

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Furious now at $349 Domestic, $1.506 Billion Worldwide - only $12 Million behind Avengers. Slowing down but should eventually pass them.

Ultron at $427 Domestic, $1.32 Billion Worldwide - could still beat both Avengers and Furious

Crazy. Think there will be a #8 now?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no doubt... international deniro is the driving force behind this box office bonanza. adding as diverse a cast of characters, globe-trotting all around the world has given has been the key to not just the longevity of the franchise, but the continued IMPROVED return on the studio's biggest investment. add in the Paul Walker death bump/send off and you've got a juggernaut.

This is going to be a one time thing. You won't see this ever happen in again in the franchise. Future movies might make a ton but not like this. I know so many people who had never watched a single one of these in the theater that went to see it this time versus waiting for it on home video because of Paul Walker.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Why wouldn't they keep going. They will never stop making this movies. It will be like the Jame Bond movies. They will find a replacement for Dom(Vin) for FF 13. :)

Reminds me of the Jump Street bit at the end of their 2nd film.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Furious now at $350 Domestic, $1.510 Billion Worldwide - only $8 Million behind Avengers. Slowing down but should eventually pass them.

Ultron at $438 Domestic, $1.348 Billion Worldwide - now up to 5th all-time world-wide

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Furious 7 Just Passed A Major Box Office Milestone

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Furious-7-Just-Passed-Major-Box-Office-Milestone-72207.html

Furious 7 has made headlines left and right throughout the first half of 2015, what with its record breaking run helping contribute to Universal's banner year. As if the news for the film's place in the record books wasn't sweet enough, some new honey has been added to the pot. In addition to the countless cars and scores that Dominic Torretto and his family have made off with over seven films, they've now thieved something quite extraordinary into their clutches: the third highest international box office gross of all time.

Box Office Mojo’s recent numbers have revealed that the seventh entry in the Fast And Furious saga has now dethroned The Avengers for the third highest box office haul of all time. Just behind Avatar and Titanic, James Wan's action opus has arrived after dominating the beginning of the April box office and following through with some strong performances in the weeks that followed. Almost three months after its initial release, Furious 7 has signaled the franchise's legendary status in modern Hollywood, and it's an arrival that says a lot about the film market and the tastes of movie goers.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I just never got in to this franchise, I watch it when it goes to HBO or whatever but I was never interested enough to want to go see any of them in a theater. Obviously, it has a HUGE market as evidenced by the box office numbers, that is pretty impressive.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way to steal my thunder, BIM :(

I wasn't sure if it would make it, but now at 1.520 BILLION

What's even more impressive is if you combined Furious 7's take + that of the #8 movie, Iron Man 3, you still wouldn't top Avatar.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way to steal my thunder, BIM :(

I wasn't sure if it would make it, but now at 1.520 BILLION

What's even more impressive is if you combined Furious 7's take + that of the #8 movie, Iron Man 3, you still wouldn't top Avatar.

It's amazing how Paul Walker's death galvanized this movie. It's not often you get to say goodbye to a character from a fan and actor perspective. Obviously, he was well liked. No future FF movie will ever sniff this territory IMO. It's amazing what this movie has done at the box office and we are not even counting home video sales yet. WOW!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's amazing how Paul Walker's death galvanized this movie. It's not often you get to say goodbye to a character from a fan and actor perspective. Obviously, he was well liked. No future FF movie will ever sniff this territory IMO. It's amazing what this movie has done at the box office and we are not even counting home video sales yet. WOW!

also amazing I have not seen any of the 3 movies you just mentioned ;)

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
It's a bit of a throw back to 80's and 90's action films when having fun was the name of the game. It's over the top but damn fun.

This is it. An 80's action film with today's technology.

This decroded pile of crap as one of the top grossing movies of all time? I won't denigrate those who enjoy it and movies like it--it's kind of like how I love those old cheesy Schwarzeneger movies--but it's not actually GOOD. This is roughly akin to Commando being one of the top grossing movies of all time. Ugh, no, just no.

Funny, Commando is the first movie that came to mind when thinking of over-the-top 80's action flicks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard