Free Agency

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going into the season with Blough as our QB would be pretty epic. There’s NEVER been a season that started off with little amount of hope.

I mean, we even talked ourselves into a QB “controversy” with the Skolb monstrosity as if one of them MIGHT give us a slightly better shot at winning. Blough is just waiving a white flag.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Going into the season with Blough as our QB would be pretty epic. There’s NEVER been a season that started off with little amount of hope.

I mean, we even talked ourselves into a QB “controversy” with the Skolb monstrosity as if one of them MIGHT give us a slightly better shot at winning. Blough is just waiving a white flag.
That game that Blough started where he looked halfway decent, but completely unraveled showed he just can't play at all in the NFL.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am starting to think that ARZ inactivity in free agency is not from lack of trying but that no one actually wants to come here. Murphy and Allen bolting so quickly gives the perception they couldn't get out of here quick enough.

Kyler's rep, subpar facilities and an owner like Mikey B have agents steering their clients elsewhere. That is why we end up with guys like Kyzir White & Zach Pascal. Organization trying to save face by focusing on draft is all they can do.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That game that Blough started where he looked halfway decent, but completely unraveled showed he just can't play at all in the NFL.
What’s in a name? EVERYTHING.

Yeah. It’s too easy. And he’s gonna see the field again at some point next year if we’re starting Wet Napkin opening day with Gimpy Shorty still on IR until God knows when.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Rams even trying to beat us at tanking.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
What’s funny to me is all the posters who were slamming the rams saying they were gonna pay the piper eventually. They then actually won a super bowl. And are now tearing it down at the same time we are. We never got to lap them like all the rams critics seemed to think was going to happen.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
What’s funny to me is all the posters who were slamming the rams saying they were gonna pay the piper eventually. They then actually won a super bowl. And are now tearing it down at the same time we are. We never got to lap them like all the rams critics seemed to think was going to happen.
Yeah but that's more our lack of good drafting and personnel rather than strategy.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
But it just goes to show you that when you can take your shot, you take your damn shot.
Agree to disagree. If the ball bounces the wrong way for them a few times and they don't win it all, then they're just a team who wasted assets and got nowhere.

Our team is literally on the down cycle from "really exciting year in 2015" still and that one run to the NFC Championship hasn't made the last five plus years any less unbearable.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree to disagree. If the ball bounces the wrong way for them a few times and they don't win it all, then they're just a team who wasted assets and got nowhere.

Our team is literally on the down cycle from "really exciting year in 2015" still and that one run to the NFC Championship hasn't made the last five plus years any less unbearable.
Sorry man… that’s a bizarre reading of what the Rams accomplished. They had 5 straight winning seasons, got to the playoffs four of those years, won multiple playoff games, TWO NFC Championships, made the Super Bowl twice and won the damn TITLE. They did it the way any fan should hope their team and it paid off like gangbusters for half a decade.

The ball bounces the wrong way for EVERY team multiple times a game… but the best teams are those that can consistently overcome that by talent and coaching. The Rams plan did that and it paid off in spades.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I see why you’re a big fan of Ron Rivera because you think way too damn conservative just like him. From being against trading up for Mahomes to wanting retread conservative DCs to this.

Truth is, the ball didn’t bounce the wrong way for them. You’re speaking in hypotheticals against actual reality. They made the aggressive moves required to get to the top of the mountain. Are they paying the price for it? Sure, but it was WORTH it because they accomplished what they got. Criticizing the process of getting there be damned.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Sorry man… that’s a bizarre reading of what the Rams accomplished. They had 5 straight winning seasons, got to the playoffs four of those years, won multiple playoff games, TWO NFC Championships, made the Super Bowl twice and won the damn TITLE. They did it the way any fan should hope their team and it paid off like gangbusters for half a decade.

The ball bounces the wrong way for EVERY team multiple times a game… but the best teams are those that can consistently overcome that by talent and coaching. The Rams plan did that and it paid off in spades.
yup...assuming of course they dont now suck for the next ten years.

all we gotta do is draft Aaron Donald next month. easy peasy

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I see why you’re a big fan of Ron Rivera because you think way too damn conservative just like him. From being against trading up for Mahomes to wanting retread conservative DCs to this.

Truth is, the ball didn’t bounce the wrong way for them. You’re speaking in hypotheticals against actual reality. They made the aggressive moves required to get to the top of the mountain. Are they paying the price for it? Sure, but it was WORTH it because they accomplished what they got. Criticizing the process of getting there be damned.
I never was against trading up for Mahomes. The only argument I've ever had about that was we might not have had the reasonable opportunity to do so.

Plenty of teams that make aggressive moves end up completely busting. The Rams only were able to get there because they drafted well and had players to make up for some of the huge free agent deals.

Our team can't afford to do that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose