Free Agency

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
They have to field a football team at some point.

Things are pretty bleak at CB, WR, running back and interior OL.

I can’t remember a time when the of this team was so small, TBH. Who are you sure will be here in 2025?
Yeah I don’t see all this talent sitting out there. You can find a 30+ edge but little DL/CB/C/WR

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have to field a football team at some point.

Things are pretty bleak at CB, WR, running back and interior OL.

I can’t remember a time when the of this team was so small, TBH. Who are you sure will be here in 2025?
Hump, McBride, Budda if healthy. (and if they do not trade him since he is their most appealing trade piece IMO)

That's about all I feel confident about. That is downright depressing.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Here are 2 favorite players over the last decade and are old enough to not cost much for a year contract, but still have enough left to help our next year situation out. Kareem Hunt, who I have always loved, and Adam Thielen who has lost a lot but knows how to find the open spots and wouldn't expect much money or attention.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Players are going to the complete and utter disaster of a rebuild that is the Bucs with no coach of the future.

How come no one wants us, man?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Players are going to the complete and utter disaster of a rebuild that is the Bucs with no coach of the future.

How come no one wants us, man?

Free food and not investing in a nail gun to tack down a floor board in the gym and adding a bit of carpet to cover the repair.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
This is the kinda player I want the Cards to bring in:

NFL experienced guy, good blocker and with Ertz coming off a ACL and the prospect of lots of 12 personnel sets: a good experienced 2nd / 3rd TE.

33 catches / 420 yards and 2 TDs playing second fiddle to Darren Waller

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
The only thing Arizona will attract in free agency:

LEFTOVERS

Despite what some people may say lol free agency has indeed started. And despite what some people may hope - nobody wants to come to Arizona anymore. We are not considered a super bowl possibility, we are no longer considered a playoff team and with the way we're sleeping our way through the first wave of free agency the jig is up

Players know - and even worse their agents know

There is no benefit in accepting less $ in Arizona, and less is all we're going to offer. The writing is on the wall, nobody is coming here to better their career. No true #1 receivers, no CBs of any relevance, and if we get a QB it'll be because they've already been sent out to pasture or just plain don't belong in the League

So we're having leftovers. Not only that, when I say leftovers I don't mean something you reheat, to make palatable again. I'm talking the leftovers that are leftovers because they're actually leftovers - meaning nobody else wants them

If you're waiting for some big free agency signing pack a lunch because you're gonna be waiting for another year. Maybe... maybe an offensive lineman???

I think the goal here is to pick #1 in the draft next year or damn close to it. And if you really want to trade back for an amazing haul next year is the year to do it. The QB talent will be exponentially better, there will be like 8 teams looking to draft a QB and you never know - we could theoretically be one of them

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is the kinda player I want the Cards to bring in:

NFL experienced guy, good blocker and with Ertz coming off a ACL and the prospect of lots of 12 personnel sets: a good experienced 2nd / 3rd TE.

33 catches / 420 yards and 2 TDs playing second fiddle to Darren Waller

No. The Cardinals need to avoid spending money on #2 TEs right now.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It’s a mess but at least their 27 fans got a Superbowl out of it :)
A few weeks back I was driving all over LA for work stuff and I specifically kept my eyes open for NFL stickers or other items on people's cars.

I saw one Rams item all day. Saw a few Niners items...but surprisingly, I saw four cars with Seahawks stuff. Even with a Super Bowl win, no one here cares.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
The only thing Arizona will attract in free agency:

LEFTOVERS

Despite what some people may say lol free agency has indeed started. And despite what some people may hope - nobody wants to come to Arizona anymore. We are not considered a super bowl possibility, we are no longer considered a playoff team and with the way we're sleeping our way through the first wave of free agency the jig is up

Players know - and even worse their agents know

There is no benefit in accepting less $ in Arizona, and less is all we're going to offer. The writing is on the wall, nobody is coming here to better their career. No true #1 receivers, no CBs of any relevance, and if we get a QB it'll be because they've already been sent out to pasture or just plain don't belong in the League

So we're having leftovers. Not only that, when I say leftovers I don't mean something you reheat, to make palatable again. I'm talking the leftovers that are leftovers because they're actually leftovers - meaning nobody else wants them

If you're waiting for some big free agency signing pack a lunch because you're gonna be waiting for another year. Maybe... maybe an offensive lineman???

I think the goal here is to pick #1 in the draft next year or damn close to it. And if you really want to trade back for an amazing haul next year is the year to do it. The QB talent will be exponentially better, there will be like 8 teams looking to draft a QB and you never know - we could theoretically be one of them
I didn't mean to bum everyone out, I'm just sayin

And I don't necessarily think it to be a bad thing - if done correctly. The team itself isn't going to tank, neither is the coaching staff, and the wins they generate (if any) will feel like playoff wins

But make no mistake, they will be playing with an intentional disadvantage - and by intentionally I'm looking at Monti and Mikey

The top 2 QBs in this draft are worth moving up for as the general perception goes but the 3rd...? Nah, not if you're the Colts and I think Monti already knows Indianapolis isn't destroying their draft to gamble

Next year though? After a bunch of teams officially give up on these re-treads not named Geno Smith?? That's when you want to be sitting pretty

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose