Free Agency Rumors

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
With a great year for OL in the draft and a franchise that has shown the ability to develop OL, this makes sense.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Riley Reiff is now available. A little on the older side, could be an option for RT even though he's been playing LT in MIN.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There are going to be a ton of one-year “prove it” signings this offseason. Lots of free agents, little cap space.

I think this is only partially true.

Most of the really bad teams like the Jets and Jaguars have a ton of cap space. I think we'll see which players are chasing cash and who is chasing championships.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Thought the cap wasn’t real. :rolleyes:
It's not real when you want your team to spend money like they'll never have to foot the bill.

It's real when it becomes real and you have to let players go. Unfortunately most fans act like they only care about the upcoming year and not the long term outlook.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
It's not real when you want your team to spend money like they'll never have to foot the bill.

It's real when it becomes real and you have to let players go. Unfortunately most fans act like they only care about the upcoming year and not the long term outlook.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I don't care about long term if it gets us a Super Bowl win. I don't think KC fans regret winning a Super Bowl even if the cost is cap problems 2 years later.

Sort of like when the D-Backs won the World Series in 2001, they spent money they didn't have and Colangelo lost the team because of it but I wouldn't go back and change a thing as a championship is a championship.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
For a 7th rounder? Why not.

Because he’s hot garbage, and a 7th round pick would be worth more than the $6 million owed to him over the next two seasons. He’s no better than KeeSean Johnson.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Because he’s hot garbage, and a 7th round pick would be worth more than the $6 million owed to him over the next two seasons. He’s no better than KeeSean Johnson.

Someone I know was Harry's teacher in HS. She said he was a little punk.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
One of my friends says Alvin Kamara was the biggest prick alive in high school. It seems to be common among football stars at that age.
I'm 63 years old. When I go to my high school reunions I noticed that everybody still had the same personality and traits as they had when we were in school. Once an AH always an AH

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Free agency should be interesting.... I don’t expect as many one year deals as some.... last summer the nflpa and the league negotiated to spread this years financial loss over the course of three seasons..... so it’s not like we are looking at a simple one year financial dip.... regardless of the new tv contract the next couple seasons will have a reduced cap to help teams recover their financial losses from Covid....
What we can expect to see is a huge jump in the cap for the 2024 season....
my guess is teams will look at guys they can sign for four or five years then backload the contract with low one or two million dollar salaries in the first three years then 12-15m salaries in years four and five.... then five to eight million a year in bonus... makes a guy cutable later so the guys with good agents will probably have roster bonuses and such added in to increase the numbers
Between 2023 and 24 we may see a 40-50m jump in the salary cap

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Athletic:

Shaquill Griffin (CB): Cardinals
He moves from one NFC West team to another. Griffin started 53 games in four seasons for the Seahawks and was up and down. But he has length and speed and is just 26 years old, meaning his best football could be ahead of him. The Cardinals have a huge need at corner and showed with the J.J. Watt signing that they’re willing to be aggressive to try to win now.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Athletic:

He moves from one NFC West team to another. Griffin started 53 games in four seasons for the Seahawks and was up and down. But he has length and speed and is just 26 years old, meaning his best football could be ahead of him. The Cardinals have a huge need at corner and showed with the J.J. Watt signing that they’re willing to be aggressive to try to win now.

The cb's u would like to pursue in free agency?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The Athletic:

Nothing about this move would shock me, but I am really wary about this guy. I don't want much to do with a guy who headed up a defense that was pacing to give up a historic amount of passing yardage last year.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
just a reminder, the PFF rankings of the Cards two outside corners were #83 (P2) and #105 (Dre K)

i think finding two corners to take those slots and upgrade them wont be difficult

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
just a reminder, the PFF rankings of the Cards two outside corners were #83 (P2) and #105 (Dre K)

i think finding two corners to take those slots and upgrade them wont be difficult

Improving upon them shouldn't be difficult; improving enough to help the defense get better is another story.