Free Agency Rumors

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If we cut Pugh and Kennard...... We are going to go hard in free agency. Like...... Linsley, Fuller, Sanders, Henry hard.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not really. You see it all the time in Soccer.

Guy's that make their career on being athletic often fall the furthest with age because they always relied on that speed, they never developed ways to succeed without it as they didn't have too. Not all of them, those dedicated that work really hard to hold on to that physical edge do well but the majority of them don't.

Guy's that never had the speed to begin with already developed ways to be good without it. So even if they lose a little of what they had they already have a toolbox of skills that don't require it.
I think that holds true for certain positions but not others. Cornerback and edge being two of those imo.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is not new that offensive lines are still undervalued in the modern NFL. Everyone wants to complain about them, but no one wants to recognize that they directly impact the success of the QB, RB and every other offensive player. In an offensive league, that is the difference between winning and losing.
I think "everyone" knows this. But it also seems to have become widely accepted conventional wisdom that the college game lately has not been preparing O-Linemen well for the NFL, that projecting college O-Linemen to the NFL has become almost impossible, that most take a few years to develop, and that it's a better bet to take linemen in later rounds who have nearly the same chance to develop as first rounders, or better still, to pay for known quantities by acquiring proven veterans.

Of course, hitting on a first rounder who immediately becomes a high performing starter is GREAT, but so is buying a winning lottery ticket.

...dave

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we cut Pugh and Kennard...... We are going to go hard in free agency. Like...... Linsley, Fuller, Sanders, Henry hard.

I mean, does Keim have to scream we are going hard for you not to already know he is going hard?

He has made it abundantly clear if you are listening.

Must say I am a bit surprised they are cutting Pugh, but an equivalent replacement can probably be found for less, so it may not be a bad move.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
given who is under contract, he would walk in as CB1

Sure, although I'm hoping they have plans to remedy that considering the only CB we have on the roster is Murphy right now :)

He's make a good CB2 short term. He's 32 now but hasn't really dropped off. Should still have a couple good years left in him for CB2.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. This is surprising. Fisher has been better lately and Schwartz has been a stud All pro level RT for the last few years.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
There are going to be a ton of one-year “prove it” signings this offseason. Lots of free agents, little cap space.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. This is surprising. Fisher has been better lately and Schwartz has been a stud All pro level RT for the last few years.

I think we see more of this, especially with teams who are playing their QB 40 million a year. The cap is $20 lower than what it would have been and what was planned for pre-covid.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

KC is still over, but not by a ton -- $4mm or so

they still have some work to do

curious if they regret that Frank Clark contract

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score

i believe Fisher was dealing with alot of injuries

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard