Free Agency Rumors

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're in desperate need of a receiver that can take the top off the D...Brown can do that.

TY Hilton or Will Fuller would be much better targets for that IMO.

If I were Keim though I would try to sign Golliday though - I would go up to 20 million per for him.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
TY Hilton or Will Fuller would be much better targets for that IMO.

If I were Keim though I would try to sign Golliday though - I would go up to 20 million per for him.

Doesn't Fuller have bigger health concerns than Brown? I'd stay away from both. Hilton is another guy who'd fit the 2 year contract window.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doesn't Fuller have bigger health concerns than Brown? I'd stay away from both. Hilton is another guy who'd fit the 2 year contract window.

He does - but he is fast, he has produced when healthy, and he's still only 26 years old.

I am pretty sure Brown is not coming back here because the heat was a problem for him.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tommaroin Terry from FSU. He should be the target in the 5th.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Amen. How have people suddenly forgotten this? Drafting for need always ends up with busts.
This mindset of not valuing more impactful positions than the lesser ones is why Steve Keim is the way he is.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This mindset of not valuing more impactful positions than the lesser ones is why Steve Keim is the way he is.
No, it's the mindset of thinking he's the smartest guy in the room and making wild reaches for small school kids is the reason he is the way he is.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve never understood this concept. The less speed you have, the less margin for error. So if you’re effective with marginal speed the likelihood is you become worthless with even a slight drop in speed. The obsolescence of your speed would negate whatever technique you possess to make up for a complete lack of speed. Because there’s no natural law that I know of that says only fast guys lose speed when they age. They both should.

Whereas if you’re a speed guy a similar drop in speed likely reduces your effectiveness, but your speed doesn’t become a death knell. It would require you adapt to leverage more technique or smarts, which pivot would come at a good time for that . . . at the end of a lengthy career where you’ve likely picked up technical advantages.

here’s a hypothetical scenario: which do you think has a greater chance of success...

Player A comes out of college somewhat raw in technique but hella fast at 4.5 40. Puts up 10-13 sacks per year early in career based primarily on overwhelming linemen with his physical traits. Plays 8 years and his 40 time drops to 4.7.

player B comes out of college with an assortment of tricks in his bag and a “high motor” (isn’t that what we call all the successful slow guys?), but runs a 4.9 40. Puts up 10-13 sacks per year based on all kinds of tricks and tenacity. Plays 8 seasons and drops to 5.1 40 yard time.

I think player A picks up some tricks over 8 years to counter his lessening speed. Is he as effective as early? No. But he still has adequate burst to close on the QB.

I think player B becomes useless. Because he can’t count on anything to counter his lost speed. He’s already relying on his tricks and relentless approach, but no longer possesses any burst. At best he’s a clean up guy.

Not really. You see it all the time in Soccer.

Guy's that make their career on being athletic often fall the furthest with age because they always relied on that speed, they never developed ways to succeed without it as they didn't have too. Not all of them, those dedicated that work really hard to hold on to that physical edge do well but the majority of them don't.

Guy's that never had the speed to begin with already developed ways to be good without it. So even if they lose a little of what they had they already have a toolbox of skills that don't require it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His future, imo, is related to Haason's and at this point, he sticks. And he's a starting OLB, not the 4th guy at this point.

Kennard possibly fits that OLB role they have in mind better. If you have Watt rushing from 5 tech. Philips rushing from 3 tech. Jones at on the other side you want someone to seal the edge. Make sure the QB or RB doesn't get out that side. Kennard is the better run defender of the bunch.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why is the franchise tag higher for ILB than RT then?

Also, a highly elusive QB (see Kyler) greatly mitigates the need for above average o-line (see Russ).

Also, the word “never” is not wise.

Because OL is an average of all 5 positions and the lesser paid interior players drag it down.

The reverse is true for ILB. Where OLB's push it up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard