Free Agency Rumors

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't say I wanted him. I just don't think he's washed.

i never said he was washed. I said he hasn’t been good in three years. He’s an average WR now who’s on the wrong side of 30. Don’t put words into my mouth.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Chiefs starting OL most of the year:
Fisher- #1 pick
Allegretti- 7th round pick
Reiter- 7th round pick
Wylie- undrafted
Remmers- undrafted

Lucas Niang was a candidate to start but opted out. Interesting note on him/Chiefs:

Niang -- taken in the third round of the 2020 draft -- is the first offensive lineman the Chiefs have drafted above the fourth round since 2015.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i never said he was washed. I said he hasn’t been good in three years. He’s an average WR now who’s on the wrong side of 30. Don’t put words into my mouth.

well, I suppose to some people that might sound like a reasonable definition of “washed”. :rolleyes:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Sanders was PFF's 45th ranked WR last year

this compares to 98th for Kirk, 108 for Fitz and 120 for Isabella

this isnt a long term answer -- but a guy who can inexpensively fill a hole for a couple years

the team has cap capacity, but cant fill every hole with 8 figure a year guys

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I was going to write "4 for $24m on a 30 year old?" (he turns 30 in 3 days).

But he's never been a speed guy so I don't see him declining massively with age
. On saying that I think I'd want more assurance I'm not getting fleeced down the back end so either a 2 year out or more like $18-$20m over 4 years.
I’ve never understood this concept. The less speed you have, the less margin for error. So if you’re effective with marginal speed the likelihood is you become worthless with even a slight drop in speed. The obsolescence of your speed would negate whatever technique you possess to make up for a complete lack of speed. Because there’s no natural law that I know of that says only fast guys lose speed when they age. They both should.

Whereas if you’re a speed guy a similar drop in speed likely reduces your effectiveness, but your speed doesn’t become a death knell. It would require you adapt to leverage more technique or smarts, which pivot would come at a good time for that . . . at the end of a lengthy career where you’ve likely picked up technical advantages.

here’s a hypothetical scenario: which do you think has a greater chance of success...

Player A comes out of college somewhat raw in technique but hella fast at 4.5 40. Puts up 10-13 sacks per year early in career based primarily on overwhelming linemen with his physical traits. Plays 8 years and his 40 time drops to 4.7.

player B comes out of college with an assortment of tricks in his bag and a “high motor” (isn’t that what we call all the successful slow guys?), but runs a 4.9 40. Puts up 10-13 sacks per year based on all kinds of tricks and tenacity. Plays 8 seasons and drops to 5.1 40 yard time.

I think player A picks up some tricks over 8 years to counter his lessening speed. Is he as effective as early? No. But he still has adequate burst to close on the QB.

I think player B becomes useless. Because he can’t count on anything to counter his lost speed. He’s already relying on his tricks and relentless approach, but no longer possesses any burst. At best he’s a clean up guy.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How would you guys like Latavius Murray. I believe the Saints are going to be forced to let him go. He is a good fill for what we need. Mr. Steady and a bigger back. He would give us about 160 carries and average over 4 yards per carry. Pretty good receiver too. Won’t cost a bunch. Thoughts?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The point that I am trying to make, and I beleve @DVontel is also trying to make, is that an ILB should never be the right pick over an OL if your offensive line is average to bad. Same argument for RB. Teams are rarely successful without top offensive line play. Teams are successful all the time without top ILB play.

Saying we must take a certain position in the draft is the recipe for disaster. Because that leads to reaching, and we've proven over the years how godawful that strategy is.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I like that the Cards are listed as a destination for Will Fuller. I'd offer him a decent contract and offer the Keim "prove it" contract to John Ross. Both guys have the deep speed sorely lacking in the WR group. Fuller is legit if he can stay on the field and Ross has also been an injury waiting to happen but showed some ability in his limited time of the field.

Both guys could open up the underneath stuff for Kirk and even Larry if they bring him back. I'm not saying they'll be stars but they are missing elements to the offense.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like that the Cards are listed as a destination for Will Fuller. I'd offer him a decent contract and offer the Keim "prove it" contract to John Ross. Both guys have the deep speed sorely lacking in the WR group. Fuller is legit if he can stay on the field and Ross has also been an injury waiting to happen but showed some ability in his limited time of the field.

Both guys could open up the underneath stuff for Kirk and even Larry if they bring him back. I'm not saying they'll be stars but they are missing elements to the offense.

Yes they are two of the fastest guys playing the game
Both have injuries concerns, so if it is for a prove it one year deal I will do it

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
John Brown couldn't get back into a groove after the injury that sidelined him. It's a bit concerning, given that Stefon Diggs and seemingly all the other receivers were catching tons of balls at the same time.

That said, he has had the knack of getting open and also can make the contested catch. If cheap, bring him in, can't hurt. :bhiich: Hopefully, it was just him being a bit rusty and everyone else just being in a groove, rather than lesser ability.

Wouldn't mind bringing on Fuller (stud when not injured) and Brown.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The point that I am trying to make...an ILB should never be the right pick over an OL if your offensive line is average to bad. Same argument for RB. Teams are rarely successful without top offensive line play. Teams are successful all the time without top ILB play.

Why is the franchise tag higher for ILB than RT then?

Also, a highly elusive QB (see Kyler) greatly mitigates the need for above average o-line (see Russ).

Also, the word “never” is not wise.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How would you guys like Latavius Murray. I believe the Saints are going to be forced to let him go. He is a good fill for what we need. Mr. Steady and a bigger back. He would give us about 160 carries and average over 4 yards per carry. Pretty good receiver too. Won’t cost a bunch. Thoughts?

Old and ran behind a top5 o-line.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I would rather have Sanders than Fitz and he will probably be cheaper too and provide as much if not more production. Sanders had 61 Rec. for 726 yds. and 5 TDs. Not bad production for a #2/3 receiver. I wouldn't even bother with Brown. His salary last year was $2 million.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
He fits the plan, too...Would he want to come back to AZ? The sickle-cell issue may still be valid in AZ...it's the 2nd highest elevation in the NFL, I believe...it's desert, but a high-desert.

We're in desperate need of a receiver that can take the top off the D...Brown can do that.