Free Agency 2020

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even before free agency the Suns roster looks solid.

I think the Suns could use help at starting power forward, small forward and at guard (backup point guard or combo guard).

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even before free agency the Suns roster looks solid.

I think the Suns could use help at starting power forward, small forward and at guard (backup point guard or combo guard).

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'm sorry but that bench is a disaster.

They will get outscored huge. We need a Lou Williams type player badly.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but that bench is a disaster.

They will get outscored huge. We need a Lou Williams type player badly.

The Suns need to add to their team no doubt but the bench of Cam Payne, Jevon Carter and Dario Saric were key to the Suns going undefeated in the Orlando bubble.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns need to add to their team no doubt but the bench of Cam Payne, Jevon Carter and Dario Saric were key to the Suns going undefeated in the Orlando bubble.

Three primary holes left:

Starting 4 (which moves Cam and his scoring to the bench to be a back-up 4 with spot minutes at the 3 in big line-ups)

Back-up scoring 2

Back-up wing

Any idea how to fill those with just the MLE and BAE? Any free agents out there who can provide scoring and play both the 2 and the 3?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Three primary holes left:

Starting 4 (which moves Cam and his scoring to the bench to be a back-up 4 with spot minutes at the 3 in big line-ups)

Back-up scoring 2

Back-up wing

Any idea how to fill those with just the MLE and BAE? Any free agents out there who can provide scoring and play both the 2 and the 3?

Have to hope there is a halo effect with the Suns trade for Chris Paul and they can attract some players at a discount. My primary concern is starting power forward.

I wouldn't mind adding Trey Burke as cheap depth at the 1-2 but the Suns didn't pursue him last season.

Abdel Nader can provide depth at small forward.

Lots of options but the Suns may have to wait until after the first surge in free agency to add depth.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have to hope there is a halo effect with the Suns trade for Chris Paul and they can attract some players at a discount. My primary concern is starting power forward.

I wouldn't mind adding Trey Burke as cheap depth at the 1-2 but the Suns didn't pursue him last season.

Abdel Nader can provide depth at small forward.

Lots of options but the Suns may have to wait until after the first surge in free agency to add depth.
Might be better to think of the positions as pg's, wings, and bigs.

Our bigs are Ayton, Saric, and Smith. We need another big, at least one, maybe two. Kaminsky is there if we want.
Wings are Book, Mikal, Cam, Nader, Owens,
PG's are Paul, Carter, Payne, Okobo

Fact is that we are thin at every position.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Payne and Carter worked great together. No problem with them coming off the bench!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might be better to think of the positions as pg's, wings, and bigs.

Our bigs are Ayton, Saric, and Smith. We need another big, at least one, maybe two. Kaminsky is there if we want.
Wings are Book, Mikal, Cam, Nader, Owens,
PG's are Paul, Carter, Payne, Okobo

Fact is that we are thin at every position.

I don't think Tariq Owens is on the roster. For some reason I thought the Suns let him go. Anyway, I'm not a fan.

Yeah, the Suns need more depth and hopefully a starter at power forward.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payne and Carter worked great together. No problem with them coming off the bench!

Indeed, Cam Payne, Jevon Carter and Dario Saric played well off the bench in Orlando.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah, but I am not expecting Cam Payne to play at that same ridiculous level - you know efficiency wise he was playing like a top 10 NBA player in the bubble. That will not continue.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but I am not expecting Cam Payne to play at that same ridiculous level - you know efficiency wise he was playing like a top 10 NBA player in the bubble. That will not continue.

Some players need time to turn the corner. Hopefully he has. Payne has always had the potential.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, and what happens when 1 of them is injured - which history says will be like 30 games or more when 1 or the other is out.
This team is not built to withstand any significant injuries, and the WILL happen.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This team is not built to withstand any significant injuries, and the WILL happen.
There's only a few teams that can, and then it depends on who. LA loses James, or we will see GS without Thompson, and last year no Slim Reaper for NJ.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. Bring back Payne and Carter. Bring back Saric. Consider Kaminsky for deep depth, not regular rotation.

We really need a two guard and we really need a combo forward that plays D.

I hate to say it, but a player like Rondo would be a help.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard