Free Agency 2020

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I know I don't want my starting power forward to have just been the third best power forward on an awful team whose weakness was its frontcourt.
Again if he was their third best PF than why was he starting over them and playing more minutes. You fabricating information doesn't make it so.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah - the guy played 27 minutes a game last year.

Shot 41% from 3, and had a per of 15.

If that is an end of the bench player, sign me up for a bunch of those.
Wha? Who? Did I miss something?

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just 1sun trying to say that Bjelica was the 3rd best PF on the Kings and an end of the bench player.

Everyone who isn't an all-star is an end of the bench player to him. The guy has started the vast majority of the games he's played for the Kings. He's more well rounded than Bertans(though not quite as prolific as a 3pt shooter) who is likely looking for a much bigger payday than what Bjeli is making.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Everyone who isn't an all-star is an end of the bench player to him. The guy has started the vast majority of the games he's played for the Kings. He's more well rounded than Bertans(though not quite as prolific as a 3pt shooter) who is likely looking for a much bigger payday than what Bjeli is making.

Do you really want a Saric clone as our starting power forward? We all saw what a disaster Saric himself was in that role, and Saric is actually the better player of the two.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Gambadoro expects the Suns to keep Saric on a multi-year contract. Not so with Baynes, Kaminsky and Diallo.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
John Gambadoro expects the Suns to keep Saric on a multi-year contract. Not so with Baynes, Kaminsky and Diallo.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This is crazy for many reasons. We need bigs, and a couple of these guys are cheap. plus we need to get to 13 players minimum.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is crazy for many reasons. We need bigs, and a couple of these guys are cheap. plus we need to get to 13 players minimum.

Why is it crazy? It's not as though James Jones has yet proved himself capable of building a balanced roster...

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I suspect we have some plans to add players during the draft and not just rookies. We also still have two spots to fill with the MLE and the BAE. I think we are already at about 10 and we still have a rookie to add and those two spots I just mentioned. That puts us at like 13 right there.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I suspect we have some plans to add players during the draft and not just rookies. We also still have two spots to fill with the MLE and the BAE. I think we are already at about 10 and we still have a rookie to add and those two spots I just mentioned. That puts us at like 13 right there.

Well, if we keep both of the point guards and Okobo, along with Saric, we have:

Paul
Booker
Bridges
Cam
Ayton
Saric
Payne
Carter
Okobo
Nader
Pick #10
MLE Player
BAE Player
????
????

It's pretty darn clear where we need help...

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Well, if we keep both of the point guards and Okobo, along with Saric, we have:

Paul
Booker
Bridges
Cam
Ayton
Saric
Payne
Carter
Okobo
Nader
Pick #10
MLE Player
BAE Player
????
????

It's pretty darn clear where we need help...
I have to imagine they have some front court players in mind (possibly in a trade) and could easily use the MLE and BAE to fill in PF/C depth.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are some interesting players that could go for the Veteran Min or one of the exceptions.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would be interested in trading the #10 for the right vet pf. What team is rebuilding that might have a pf fit for us.

Tucker I guess.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Of the three I would prefer to keep Baynes but he may want more than his past $5 million plus contract.

I'm so-so about Kaminsky and Diallo. If the Suns can improve the tail end of their roster they should. Last season they needed more athletic big men.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of the three I would prefer to keep Baynes but he may want more than his past $5 million plus contract.

I'm so-so about Kaminsky and Diallo. If the Suns can improve the tail end of their roster they should. Last season they needed more athletic big men.

I'm so not on the Baynes bandwagon. Foul machine, constantly out of position. Does more harm than good.

Diallo is athletic, he just seemed lost. Maybe a 2nd year under the system along with CP3 can boost his numbers a bit.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so not on the Baynes bandwagon. Foul machine, constantly out of position. Does more harm than good.

Diallo is athletic, he just seemed lost. Maybe a 2nd year under the system along with CP3 can boost his numbers a bit.

Unless Chris Paul brings a player with him or the Suns can find some bargains, they could easily slip into fill in the roster mode. Suns will not have a lot of lot of money to spend. They could do worse than Baynes. He is not a player I wanted to bring back. Diallo may not get any better.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns don't have a lot of roster fodder to do trades right now. I cannot see how they could trade for Tucker at the moment.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think those touting Tucker were hoping we could get him by trading down from 10 to 16.

And Kaminsky's contract would match up salaries. It would be a terrible move for the Suns, though. You might recall Tucker starting to become a liability on the floor in his last season here. That's nothing compared to the liability on the floor he is now.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I would be OK with a return of everyone including Baynes if he would sign here, plus the 10. Thing is, would we get first half of the year Baynes, or second half of the year Baynes?

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Still have to create the space to make the trade. The problem is matching the salaries for a trade.

My understanding is Kaminsky could be used to help facilitate something like this. I could be wrong; haven't researched in-depth. Not sure how I would feel about this anyway. I think, even at 35, Tucker would bring some defensive clout. That said, I worry about investing in two 35-year-olds for the rotation, and I was never a fan of his offensive decision-making to be honest.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciated PJ Tucker while he was here but bringing him back at 35 for $8 million doesn't excite me.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Don’t want PJ back. I wonder if CP can work a little magic with Ibaka and convince him to sign for $9 mil...

Serge + Halliburton/Hayes and I will officially get pumped.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t want PJ back. I wonder if CP can work a little magic with Ibaka and convince him to sign for $9 mil...

Serge + Halliburton/Hayes and I will officially get pumped.
We might be able to get a vet looking for a winning situation to bite on that $9 million exception, especially if a starting slot is available. Players like playing time almost as much as money.

Serge Ibaka
Montrezl Harrell
Millsap

Anyone want a Morris?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave