ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As expected...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Looks like he was a pretty good defender and shooter at the college level. Maybe could stick as a bench player for us.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. Bring back Payne and Carter. Bring back Saric. Consider Kaminsky for deep depth, not regular rotation.

We really need a two guard and we really need a combo forward that plays D.

I hate to say it, but a player like Rondo would be a help.

Rondo ain’t coming here to be a back up

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Looks like he was a pretty good defender and shooter at the college level. Maybe could stick as a bench player for us.
Yep. When I watch him, I think Raja Bell for some reason. Role player, but has the potential to fill a need on our roster if he is an actual NBA talent.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yep. When I watch him, I think Raja Bell for some reason. Role player, but has the potential to fill a need on our roster if he is an actual NBA talent.
Raja bell seems like a good comp. The scouting video I'm watching on Alexander shows some really good footage of him locking up some PGs, but I wonder how he does against some bigger guards and forwards. If he can handle those guys than his prospects of sticking as an NBA role player are pretty good.

Of course he also needs his 3 point shot to make a smooth transition to the NBA as well.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Bobby Portis was just cut by the Knicks. Solid PF option to further strengthen our front court.

JerkFace

Reaction score
When you’re not good enough for the Knicks, I don’t think you’re good enough for us.
Portis was cut because he was set to make 15 million on a team option. For a team like NY it just didn’t make any sense for them to pay him 15 million.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Never liked Portis. Not sure why. I guess it was about punching his teammate and putting him on the injured list.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Alexander looks like he could conceivably defend big 1s and most 2s in the NBA. Let him take the bigger guard and Cam/Carter the smaller one.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never liked Portis. Not sure why. I guess it was about punching his teammate and putting him on the injured list.

I liked him coming out of college but I've been unimpressed by his play as a pro, hitting a teammate sealed the deal for me.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If be can behave, Portis could be a sneaky good signing for us...

JerkFace

Reaction score

Frank isn’t very good, but this is Sarver being cheap. He was virtually a free player and his contract could of been used later in a trade. Makes zero sense to cut him for any other reason than padding Sarver’s wallet.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Frank isn’t very good, but this is Sarver being cheap. He was virtually a free player and his contract could of been used later in a trade. Makes zero since to cut him for any other reason than padding Sarver’s wallet.

I don't understand this either. At least keep him at the end of the bench in case of injury.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Frank isn’t very good, but this is Sarver being cheap. He was virtually a free player and his contract could of been used later in a trade. Makes zero sense to cut him for any other reason than padding Sarver’s wallet.
Jeez, jump to conclusions much? It's still 5m dollars and I'm sure they've asked around the league to see if there would be interest in trading him. And guessing they found zero interest.

This is exactly what we expected and now it's just Sarver being cheap. Come on.

JerkFace

Reaction score
Jeez, jump to conclusions much? It's still 5m dollars and I'm sure they've asked around the league to see if there would be interest in trading him. And guessing they found zero interest.

This is exactly what we expected and now it's just Sarver being cheap. Come on.
But he was a free player. We are already at the cap so it has ZERO impact on the salary cap. The ONLY reason to cut him is to save Sarver money.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although Frank Kaminsky is a very likeable player it's better to use that $5 million elsewhere. Because the Suns can go over the salary cap doesn't mean they should. The Suns need more athletic players. I didn't think Frank Kaminsky would be back after last season.

JerkFace

Reaction score
Although Frank Kaminsky is a very likeable player it's better to use that $5 million elsewhere. Because the Suns can go over the salary cap doesn't mean they should. The Suns need more athletic players.
We can’t use the 5 million anywhere else because we are already over the cap. The 5 million just disappears.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

A free player? We can replace his production with a vet minimum player. Frank was pretty bad and frustrating to watch.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can’t use the 5 million anywhere else because we are already over the cap. The 5 million just disappears.

The $5 million is real money even if it's not out of our pocket. I understand your point but I didn't think Frank was a good fit on the Suns.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard