Football town - ot

WickedKoolFan

Veteran
Reaction score
A bit off topic,

I'm just reflecting, but this is a football town. All this talk on radio about what the Cardinals will do is exciting.. and I have no idea what theyre going to do.
Reason why I'm reflecting is because I just buried my best bud, my brother a couple weeks ago. And her was a great man with 5 kids. And on his gravestone it listed all his great accolades and on the last line it's said he was a hard core Cardinals fan. And all these memories came back.
We've been going to games since the sun devil stadium days. We saw every playoff game played in Arizona . And even the NFC championship game when we beat Philly.
Long story short. Some of my best memories, with my buddy aj, my dad and my brother Jason are rooting hard for the Cardinals.
Because this is a football town.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.

This is definitely a football town.

:newcards:

OP
OP
W

WickedKoolFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I appreciate that. But it's true. This team brings people together like nothing else.
My dad and I aren't close. But the Cardinals brought us together .You can bet, every Sunday we'll be at his house cooking up some good food and watching the Cardinals.
Bleeding Cardinals red, is family. And we do this together.

OP
OP
W

WickedKoolFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Completely stolen from the suns
It's funny you should say that. This is a Suns town too . My roots were from Suns games. But I had a certain affinity with the Cardinals . Especially in the 90s. Maybe because they were perennial underdogs just like me. And we fight no matter what.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Completely stolen from the suns
I didn't want to quibble about it much. But if the Suns get back to the top of the west, they will always come first in the valley. In my opinion of course.

OP
OP
W

WickedKoolFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I didn't want to quibble about it much. But if the Suns get back to the top of the west, they will always come first in the valley. In my opinion of course.
Love the Suns . My first team .My roots are in this town. If you can share 2 sports teams . It would be the Cardinals and suns.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny you should say that. This is a Suns town too . My roots were from Suns games. But I had a certain affinity with the Cardinals . Especially in the 90s. Maybe because they were perennial underdogs just like me. And we fight no matter what.
it was. in the 90s. This is not a suns town anymore and really hasn't been since the end of the Nash Era. Once they are good again they will get a great share but I think this is a football city now.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Love the Suns . My first team .My roots are in this town. If you can share 2 sports teams . It would be the Cardinals and suns.

Yeah same. I’m out of state and became a cards fan first then figured it was just logical to be a suns fan too. Never felt that way about the Dbacks or Coyotes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
sorry for your loss

edited my orig. statement....my bad for first post

Last edited: