Fitz Gonzoooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
a lot of media saying they were expecting fitz to command 6-8 on open market... fact he got 11 simply a business move cuz of what he means to franchise

he offed us in this deal should have taken 8/9 tops.

give eugene a raise.

$22mil was the min the Cards could give him. Both he and the Cards knew it....if we offered him less, say $7mil/yr, we would have still been responsible for the remaining $8mil and it all would have counted against this years cap. Giving him a number of $15mil.

By structuring the deal how they did, Fitz took the least amount of money he could (technically he could have taken the min, but the rest up to the $22mil number would have been dead money).

So basically the Cards guaranteed Fitz 100% of the cash he was going to cost them against the cap this year regardless. So not a penny wasted from either side.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Seriously Birdman?? He didn't think he could've grabbed a 3/4 year deal with $25-$30 million guaranteed??

Not and still be competitive. He wants to win....and the best combination of $$ and chance to win a title was here in AZ. So he was going to give the Cardinals the most cap space he could, while still making a nice check this year and next.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyler - At least eat some crow when you are completely wrong. SMH.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Everyone here is stuffed with crow, I have leftovers, but don't expect him to BIM. You're a gent for giving him another opportunity though.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
oh i will can't yet...
gotta wait a little bit longer...

long story short they overpaid and he believes we can win.. but clearly a reason behind the 2 year deal... allows him to chase a ring if he can still go after two more seasons and if palmer is done or doesn't cut it.
Does it hurt when you talk out of your........like that?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Not and still be competitive. He wants to win....and the best combination of $$ and chance to win a title was here in AZ. So he was going to give the Cardinals the most cap space he could, while still making a nice check this year and next.

Got it. Makes sense and I couldn't be any more thrilled with how it worked out!

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
To be fair to Tyler this was my read on the situaiton for the last two years as well and I am guessing like everything in life, this was fluid. I wouldnt doubt 1/6 everyone in the Fitz family believed he was gone and you could tell by the tweets from Sr and Marcus too.

Glad it worked out the way it did. Instead of bashing on Tyler, lets just all be happy we have a first class organization that got this done. Was right for all parties involved. God Bless Mike B and Steve Kiem. God Bless em all.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
To be fair to Tyler this was my read on the situaiton for the last two years as well and I am guessing like everything in life, this was fluid. I wouldnt doubt 1/6 everyone in the Fitz family believed he was gone and you could tell by the tweets from Sr and Marcus too.

Glad it worked out the way it did. Instead of bashing on Tyler, lets just all be happy we have a first class organization that got this done. Was right for all parties involved. God Bless Mike B and Steve Kiem. God Bless em all.

It is hard to know what a guy wants, even from players which know them. Tyler made a call on Fitz and was wrong due to what a teammate might have said. I have conversations with a guy who played for the Cards in the secondary and still keeps contact with the current roster and he thought Fitz would stay, but still it was hard for me to gauge that... he is not Larry :)

OP
OP
Tyler3450

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
due to nature of the player in question and their personal situation until its resolved i can't say ish.... once rosters are pretty much figured out i can spill who

but its so obvious its not even funny...

OP
OP
Tyler3450

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
and some have figure it out but I'm not gonna just out right say it cuz as others have posted they know guys on the team as well

thus it could easily get back

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
How about you admit you and your source were wrong? You came out strongly on the topic and whiffed. What kind of person can't admit they were wrong?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and some have figure it out but I'm not gonna just out right say it cuz as others have posted they know guys on the team as well

The only thing that potentially gets back is that you and your source didn't know squat.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So Tyler not only discredits himself but potentially also discredits his source, a player on the team.

That's awesome. Keep the BS coming.

Both you and your source are wrong, obviously. And you, really, you, being willing to divulge your connection after how wrong he was, just tells me what an attention ***** you are.

Just admit you were wrong dude, that's what any man would do. Rather than promise further updates and also discredit your source and player friend.

Admit you made it up. Man up and just do it. It happens, you won't be the first nor the last.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Let's recap shall we? You have a friend who told you something about a guy he works with. Your friend told you how this other guy feels about his employer and talked about this guy's finances. And you decided it was a good idea to spread this information around on a website that anyone and his brother can read.

That's called spreading gossip and you might want to put this in the "lesson learned" file if you're worried about what your friend will think of you should all this get back to him.

If, on the other hand, all of this is total BS you have nothing to worry about. Except for the fact that you've all lost credibility in which case you'll have to think of a new user name.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let's recap shall we? You have a friend who told you something about a guy he works with. Your friend told you how this other guy feels about his employer and talked about this guy's finances. And you decided it was a good idea to spread this information around on a website that anyone and his brother can read.

That's called spreading gossip and you might want to put this in the "lesson learned" file if you're worried about what your friend will think of you should all this get back to him.

If, on the other hand, all of this is total BS you have nothing to worry about. Except for the fact that you've all lost credibility in which case you'll have to think of a new user name.

That's pretty much right on lol. I don't know Tyler but I don't think it's BS. I do believe someone told him what he posted here. I think he just put too much credibility in someone's word when he probably shouldn't have.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

. I'll have to side with this...

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
I love when people have inside sources on this message board.
I dont think its uncommon for guys and gals in their 20s-30s to have friends on the team. I have known alot of players, still keep in contact w a few who were there for my brother Mark when he was in ICU. I really dont blame Tyler, he is probably 16-20 years old maybe his friend in jr high 3 years ago was a kid who picked up a tee after kickoff and actually was told this..again even though we are on ASFN we still are online. Alot of us personally know each other but nobody knows him so we are all kinda left in the dark really knowing what his intentions were BUT he did say he would say who told him and reneged on that when nobody forced him to tell us who it was....

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How about you admit you and your source were wrong? You came out strongly on the topic and whiffed. What kind of person can't admit they were wrong?

Not only that, he baited desertdawg into getting banned earlier in this thread.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I can. See my sig. :D

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Fitz not a fan of his position on the team and will be looking to leave in the coming weeks/month
^^^^^
The above statement/speculation/fiction came to be proven incorrect. (This is called a "fact")
And i strongly believe DD will be back for the exact reasons you ay above.. he will extend his contract and spread his current money out to lower the cap.
The above statement/speculation/fiction also came to be proven incorrect. (This is another "fact")

Say it with us now:

"Me and my anonymous source were wrong." C'mon, it will be fun, and a "fact!" :D See kids? It's fun to put what we've learned into practice!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.