Fitz Gonzoooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I wish I would have seen this thread when it happened...not as active as I used to be. But I could have put this to bed wayyyyyy earlier.

Cause I know a guy that is even CLOSER to #11, this guy just doesn't wear a #11 Cards jersey off the field too. And he always said he was smart enough to know what he was worth (wasn't gonna get his cap number anywhere), what he had (loved his coach and teammates), and what he wanted to do (wanted to finish what he started). And at no point did leaving AZ ever come out of his mouth.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know not many will have reason to believe me but heard tonight from someone on the inside...

Fitz not a fan of his position on the team and will be looking to leave in the coming weeks/month

something could change but thats what i heard from a reliable source.

So much for your reliable source... ;)

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I thought Fitz and Eugene Parker would at least want to test the trade market---how delightfully wrong i was!

Just think about this: Larry Fitzgerald in all his years as a Cardinal---and throughout each opportunity to exercise his right to know what's out there---has never known what it's like to be a red hot player on the open market---which for him would have an exhilarating bonanza of interest---even this year, imho. Amazing how selfless, humble and loyal he is!

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I thought Fitz and Eugene Parker would at least want to test the trade market---how delightfully wrong i was!

Just think about this: Larry Fitzgerald in all his years as a Cardinal---and throughout each opportunity to exercise his right to know what's out there---has never known what it's like to be a red hot player on the open market---which for him would have an exhilarating bonanza of interest---even this year, imho. Amazing how selfless, humble and loyal he is!

Not to take anything away from his selflessness, I LOVE THE GUY and am so happy he is on the Cards. But the main reason why they didn't test anything is because Fitz said he knew he wouldn't get 1/2 the money on the open market now that he could here. And when you added in how much he loved the guys he was playing with, even though he didn't like his role...he was impressed that Arians told him they would discuss ways to free him up next year.

He knew he would get the most money here in AZ....plus he would be able to stay where he KNEW what he had, it was a win-win for him as well. If he was ever gonna test the open market, it would have been after his rookie contract.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I know not many will have reason to believe me but heard tonight from someone on the inside...

Fitz not a fan of his position on the team and will be looking to leave in the coming weeks/month

something could change but thats what i heard from a reliable source.

Auditory hallucinations??

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
To be fair to the original poster....unless you hear from the actual player....there is a lot of interpretation of comments.

Had I seen this thread earlier I could have put it in perspective. Because from the end of the season his stance has been that as long as the Cardinals were fair he was staying here. Because he understood what his worth was at his age and what he could make elsewhere.

His source might have taken Fitz' unhappiness with his role in the offense last year to mean more....but he probably didn't know about Fitz/Arians discussion about his role in 2015. Had he known that, he might not have been as certain Fitz was gone.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poor Dawg. This is the thread that got him banned.

No it wasn't. He got a short break and flipped out then demanded to be perma banned.

Let's be factual here:

He crossed the line multiple times with the board rules and was given chance after chance. Every time he was banned mods thoroughly discussed it as a group and many stuck up for him despite regularly repeating the same mistakes this last season.

Even in this thread, he was given a cool down period and refused to cool down. He would get in certain moods and just look to pick fights with people.

We have let "perma banned" posters come back before, but only after we see a change in the behavior that got them banned. The ball is in his court.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No it wasn't. He got a short break and flipped out then demanded to be perma banned.

Let's be factual here:

He crossed the line multiple times with the board rules and was given chance after chance. Every time he was banned mods thoroughly discussed it as a group and many stuck up for him despite regularly repeating the same mistakes this last season.

Even in this thread, he was given a cool down period and refused to cool down. He would get in certain moods and just look to pick fights with people.

We have let "perma banned" posters come back before, but only after we see a change in the behavior that got them banned. The ball is in his court.

Sorry, was being slightly facetious in my comment. It was obviously his behavior that got him banned and he should have handled his disagreement with the OP on this thread a whole lot better than he did.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Not to take anything away from his selflessness, I LOVE THE GUY and am so happy he is on the Cards. But the main reason why they didn't test anything is because Fitz said he knew he wouldn't get 1/2 the money on the open market now that he could here. And when you added in how much he loved the guys he was playing with, even though he didn't like his role...he was impressed that Arians told him they would discuss ways to free him up next year.

He knew he would get the most money here in AZ....plus he would be able to stay where he KNEW what he had, it was a win-win for him as well. If he was ever gonna test the open market, it would have been after his rookie contract.

Seriously Birdman?? He didn't think he could've grabbed a 3/4 year deal with $25-$30 million guaranteed??

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wondering if Tyler actually comes back to this thread...

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously Birdman?? He didn't think he could've grabbed a 3/4 year deal with $25-$30 million guaranteed??

At best, 8/million a year.

So 22 for two years guaranteed, or 24 for three years elsewhere. Hmmmm

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
At best, 8/million a year.

So 22 for two years guaranteed, or 24 for three years elsewhere. Hmmmm

I'm battling a major head-cold...head is pretty foggy... :(

I guess my view is that he could've gotten more than $22 million guaranteed somewhere else.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm battling a major head-cold...head is pretty foggy... :(

I guess my view is that he could've gotten more than $22 million guaranteed somewhere else.

That's what makes this story even better. He is loyal and wants to be here

OP
OP
Tyler3450

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
oh i will can't yet...
gotta wait a little bit longer...

long story short they overpaid and he believes we can win.. but clearly a reason behind the 2 year deal... allows him to chase a ring if he can still go after two more seasons and if palmer is done or doesn't cut it.

OP
OP
Tyler3450

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
a lot of media saying they were expecting fitz to command 6-8 on open market... fact he got 11 simply a business move cuz of what he means to franchise

he offed us in this deal should have taken 8/9 tops.

give eugene a raise.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a lot of media saying they were expecting fitz to command 6-8 on open market... fact he got 11 simply a business move cuz of what he means to franchise

he offed us in this deal should have taken 8/9 tops.

give eugene a raise.

to other teams he would be worth 8, to us he is worth 11. Hes a cardinal, a leader, the face of the team and a great role model. He is worth a little extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.