Fitz Comparison

rusfletcher

Veteran
Reaction score
I see where many experts translate the skills of Fitz to T. Owens at WR. This may be true as it relates to size and speed, but when you take into consideration...hands, route running, blocking and maybe most importantly character...I think we have another Marvin Harrison.

What are your thoughts?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we have an unproven rookie and any comparisons to top-3 NFL WRs are extremely premature.

Sorry to be a downer.

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
I see absolutely no comparison to TO other than he might be a big name receiver like him. Owens was never known for having good hands until later in his career. He also is known for his running ability after the catch and his ability to break tackles. How is this Fitz? I like the Harrison comparison better as far as style, but still... I hate comparisons.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think...

Like Boldin, after a couple of years Fitz will be compared to Fitz because he is unique WR with a load of talent. Who would you compare Owens to or who would you compare Randy Moss to. I think this WR corp is going to be very very special.

:p

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Marvin Harrison is an a-hole. Just because he doesn't have a big mouth doesn't mean that he's a good guy.

There's no better person in the NFL than Warrick Dunn.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Marvin Harrison is an a-hole. Just because he doesn't have a big mouth doesn't mean that he's a good guy.

:confused: how so?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
jkf296 said:

He's alway sulking if he doesn't get his catches. He works hard and everything, but it's not like he's a good guy. I've heard multiple times that Harrison isn't particularly a great teammate or person.

Warrick Dunn helps needy single moms put down payments on homes. I just think that he's a really good guy.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals.Ken said:
He plays for the Falcons. They only sign high character guys.
Yeah, just ask Eugene Robinson--He was helping a little old lady cross the street the night before the super bowl-- how was he supposed to know she was a hooker?! ;)

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Supposedly Harrison does have a big mouth, but he doesn't show it to the public. Didn't he also got jealous of Reggie Wayne getting a lot of attention so he complained about not getting the ball enough?

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
He's alway sulking if he doesn't get his catches. He works hard and everything, but it's not like he's a good guy. I've heard multiple times that Harrison isn't particularly a great teammate or person.
Ok, I'm not the only one who heard it :)

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Yeah, just ask Eugene Robinson--He was helping a little old lady cross the street the night before the super bowl-- how was he supposed to know she was a hooker?! ;)

You say that like it's a bad thing...

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

Warrick Dunn helps needy single moms put down payments on homes. I just think that he's a really good guy.
man, that's really cool if that's true about Dunn.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
kerouac9 said:
I heard that a while back when he was in Tampa. He'd get houses for single poor mothers & just give it to them - no fan fare or rah rah, totally behind the scenes.

I'll see if I can get an article...

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/02/27/Sports/Warrick_Dunn.shtml

Warrick Dunn

By RICK STROUD, Times Staff Writer
Published February 27, 2004

AGE: 28. CLAIM TO FAME: An electrifying back who's a threat as a runner or receiver, Dunn had a sensational college career at Florida State in which he became the first in Seminole history to record three 1,000-yard rushing seasons. He was the 12th overall pick by the Bucs in 1997 and part of a dynamic Thunder and Lightning backfield with Mike Alstott that helped Tampa Bay to the playoffs four times in five seasons.

Since signing as a free agent with the Falcons in 2002, Dunn has been limited by injuries. He was the team's rushing leader last season with 672 yards and three TDs on 125 carries before being placed on injured reserve with a foot sprain Nov. 25. In his first season with the Falcons he had 927 yards and seven TDs.

At 5 feet 9, the diminutive Dunn is best known for having enormous heart. He was ranked No. 79 on Sports Illustrated's list of 101 Most Influential Minorities in Sports in 2003. The list was comprised of "men and women who are reshaping the sports industry and opening doors through which others will follow." Quite literally, Dunn has opened doors with his nationally renown Homes for the Holidays project in which he has helped low-income families in Atlanta, Tampa and Baton Rouge, La., buy homes through a down payment provided by Dunn, who worked with area sponsors to furnish and outfit the homes. Since the program was launched in '97, Dunn has enabled 39 mothers and 99 dependents realize their dream of owning a home. His motivation for the program is in memory of his mother, Betty Smothers, a Baton Rouge police officer and single mother who was killed during a robbery in '93 while working a second job as a security officer.

WHAT THEY'RE SAYING: "Warrick Dunn is a young man with great respect for women. It's a terrible tragedy that he lost his mom. But the amazing strength that he found from that tragedy, you know, it's just so great. He could have given up and said, "I don't want to do this. I'm not going to do this. I don't want even deal with life, let alone help somebody else with theirs.' But he didn't." - Patricia Haygood of St. Petersburg, a single mother with five children and benefactor of Dunn's charity.

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?: Dunn splits time between Atlanta and his home in Tampa and is sometimes seen on area golf courses.

WORDS TO LIVE BY: "Personally, I live my life for me. I'm always out to prove people wrong. We face so many doubters who don't think you can do this or do that. My whole persona is that I want to see how many lives I can change, how many people I can prove wrong and make them Warrick Dunn fans."

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals.Ken said:
You say that like it's a bad thing...
What's bad is he didn't tip, your sister tells me that's standard practice! (BadumpBum!) ;)

...dems just jokes, Ken.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Pariah said:
What's bad is he didn't tip, your sister tells me that's standard practice! (BadumpBum!) ;)

...dems just jokes, Ken.

Did you just call me fat?!?!? :nono:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson