Fire Monti

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Draft so far is a +, we simply all wanted and hoped for a bit better. Moving back up and giving up some of our bounty seemed a bit anti-fruitful and was a shock to most of us. But our GM had his sites on someone in particular and went and got his man, and still came out ahead on the deals.

Let's see how tonight goes. My hopes for the CB I am afraid will be dashed quickly by the Steelers unless they trade out of that pick to a QB hungry team.

Last edited:

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
That is a idiotic comparison.

The only similarity is passing up the top edge rusher.

BUT...
- Very well compensated and now an extra 1st and 3rd next year - a draft that is expected to be more talented on non-QB

- Still got a player that was rated as high on many board at a marque position.

In short. Ossi chose one elite player at a premier position over another elite player at a premier position. And got compensated very well for doing it.

That you prefer Anderson over Johnson doesn't make it the same situation

I really don't knew who the hell you are so lay off calling me/my take idiotic.

The net result was very good. But my comment was made after the first trade only.

So take you s**t elsewhere.

Reaction score
I don't think it was stupidity. The rules are quite clear and everyone knows them. I'm willing to bet the call was necessary given the circumstances. Like "We need to make this call and make sure he's still highly interested/wants to join before we lose X guy" or something like that. A calculated risk type thing. Or maybe this was after the "I'm not going anywhere" quote and they needed to check in or talk him round?

It pissed me off for sure because it was a surprise. But having thought about it more I'm less so.

Don't revert to the company man, dude. It was dumb, full stop. Take the win with him doing well in the first round and let's move on, please. Or, if we're not going to agree, let's drop it.

None of us know for certain, but I agree with Brit on this topic. It is very possible that MO and the Cardinals thought, 'We need to take this step, even though being a violation and lock this guy (Gannon) down now! We will self-admit the violation and that way it won't be as big a hit as it could otherwise become.'

Certainly plausible.

Also, We all basically agree the team is not contending in 2023, so I think they deserve a little grace in the first go-round at the draft.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
None of us know for certain, but I agree with Brit on this topic. It is very possible that MO and the Cardinals thought, 'We need to take this step, even though being a violation and lock this guy (Gannon) down now! We will self-admit the violation and that way it won't be as big a hit as it could otherwise become.'

Certainly plausible.

Also, We all basically agree the team is not contending in 2023, so I think they deserve a little grace in the first go-round at the draft.
Sure, fantasizing and telling yourself you "know" the truth. Pure fantasy. Maybe this shadow conspiracy crap was necessary to land Gannon...or, like a number of pundits have said, we were competing only with ourselves.

I'll go with the obvious explanation here.

Reactions: PJ1

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I fully anticipate the same rollercoaster of posts in this thread as was in the "That is why you Fire Kliff" thread, and I'm here for it.

Reaction score
Sure, fantasizing and telling yourself you "know" the truth. Pure fantasy. Maybe this shadow conspiracy crap was necessary to land Gannon...or, like a number of pundits have said, we were competing only with ourselves.

I'll go with the obvious explanation here.
Is that what I said, "I know the truth"?

The only thing obvious is that you have become increasingly caustic in tone over the years and choose to belittle anyone with an opposing perspective. Piss off!

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Is that what I said, "I know the truth"?

The only thing obvious is that you have become increasingly caustic in tone over the years and choose to belittle anyone with an opposing perspective. Piss off!
*shrug* I'm using Occam's Razor and you and Brit are speculating. I'm pretty safe in thinking it was a dumb mistake by Monti--who agreed by apologizing btw. But it's cool to vent your spleen at me.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Certainly plausible.

guys you are giving a historically inept franchise credit for knowingly violating rules to lose draft capital. okay. sheesh.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
It's clear to me that Monti is definitely building for the 2024 draft, when he'll have all of his guys in place. He got 2 day one starters, so far. He's relying on existing scouts for these later picks...that will likely change by next year.

As for the Gannon gaffe, none of us know what really happened. Does it suck? Yes. I'm pretty sure it was unintentional, though, which is why the teams were able to work it out...if it were malicious, then you'd see the NFL take away picks, like they did Miami.

You must be registered for see images attach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's clear to me that Monti is definitely building for the 2024 draft, when he'll have all of his guys in place. He got 2 day one starters, so far. He's relying on existing scouts for these later picks...that will likely change by next year.

As for the Gannon gaffe, none of us know what really happened. Does it suck? Yes. I'm pretty sure it was unintentional, though, which is why the teams were able to work it out...if it were malicious, then you'd see the NFL take away picks, like they did Miami.

It wasn't a quick adhoc call done by mistake. It was apparently a scheduled zoom interview according to the Inquirer.

Reactions: PJ1

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

Certainly plausible.

Nah everybody knows you have your baby's mama call his baby's mama and wait 45 seconds for the feds to stop recording

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
It wasn't a quick adhoc call done by mistake. It was apparently a scheduled zoom interview according to the Inquirer.
It still doesn't mean their was intention to deceive. That would mean that Monti, Gannon and Gannon's agent, at a minimum, all worked together, to screw the Eagles. I highly doubt that happened.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Unintentional is just as bad as it means we hired an idiot. Who doesn’t know those rules?

Also, who is the second day one starter? Ojulari? I don’t think so. He’s talented but he’s developmental against the run. I believe he starts as a situational passrusher off the bench to start. Hope I’m wrong. Lots of experts in tv seem to agree.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard