Find a positive

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Find one positive comment to make about a Phoenix player that you typically post negatives about. Not a back-handed compliment but a real positive. I'll start with Kendall Marshall.

I like the way he keeps his head in the game when he's on the bench. I've passed along second hand comments about his attitude before but truth be told, his behavior on the sideline suggests there's more to him than we've heard. He's the first one off the bench to congratulate his teammates and he genuinely seems to enjoy their success even when it comes at the expense of his court time. In my experience, that's unusual behavior for someone painted as arrogant and a know-it-all (and I've done my share of that painting).

Steve

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not a player, but I give Robert Sarver some credit for owning up to his mistakes. I am glad that he is is giving up control over the direction of the team to McDonough and Hornacek and I have more hope for this team now than I have in a long time. I'll still always miss Jerry Colangelo, but my intense desire for Sarver to sell the team has dissipated some.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree that Sarver seems to have turned a corner. Keeping Babby, hiring McDonough, hiring Hornacek, all good moves to let bball people make bball decisions. Hopefully he can keep them.

It looks to me like the twins have improved and will be solid rotation players. That is better than most, so good for them in improving their bodies.

OP
OP
A

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a player, but I give Robert Sarver some credit for owning up to his mistakes. I am glad that he is is giving up control over the direction of the team to McDonough and Hornacek and I have more hope for this team now than I have in a long time. I'll still always miss Jerry Colangelo, but my intense desire for Sarver to sell the team has dissipated some.

That's a good choice, I shouldn't have limited it to just players. I agree about Sarver, I thought he came across well in his interview a few weeks ago. It's easy to rail against him as so much has gone wrong on his watch but you can only change the future. We have a lot better chance of being happy waiting for this team to turn around under a wiser Sarver than we do of it failing to the point hed be willing to sell.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I want Phrazbit to do one about Michael Beasley :D

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I want Phrazbit to do one about Michael Beasley :D

I was going to say, for extra credit or just a real challenge somebody needs to do one for Beasley. I personally couldn't come up with the words. If you can't say something nice, don't saying anything at all.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Coming up with something positive to say about Besley is not difficult at all. Besley is flat-out unstoppable when he is on. He is too strong for SFs and too quick for PFs to guard. He was easily the most talented player on the roster last year.

Anyone who questions Besley talent on offense is being intellectually dishonest.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On the other hand he is too slow for small forwards and too weak for PFs. Beasley has gone to great lengths to dispel any notion that he is some great "talent"... if people still want to believe it, whatever.

But thats not the point of this thread.

I am no fan of Scola, but the guy was probably the best and most consistent offensive weapon on this team. He rebounds at a solid rate and does not whine about coming off the bench. Would have loved to have him on our contending teams from 2005-2007, seems like a gamer who steps up when it matters. Better player than I gave him credit for.

I also like the Sarver mention. His statements and actions have been a dramatic change from previous years. He knew he was losing the fan base and had the balls to man up, admit mistakes and make efforts to redeem them.

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Coming up with something positive to say about Besley is not difficult at all. Besley is flat-out unstoppable when he is on. He is too strong for SFs and too quick for PFs to guard. He was easily the most talented player on the roster last year.

Anyone who questions Besley talent on offense is being intellectually dishonest.

Level?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Lots of positives, but none of them will translate to '13-'14 success:

-Young GM who appears to know his head from his ass, unlike Blanks

-I don't like putting stock in the Summer League, but Goodwin, if used properly, looks to be one of the hidden gems of the draft

-We got Eric Bledsoe and Butler's contract for not a whole heck of a lot (Dudley), which tells me McDonough is going to be wheeling and dealing some of these big unnecessary contracts like Gortat.

I'm still enraged by the Len selection, but I hope he proves me wrong.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kendall Marshall - makes a nice bounce pass
Channing Frye - Shoots a nice 3
Marshall Twins - They are twins (Sorry that is all I got here)

Magnus

Veteran
Reaction score
Marshall twins you say? Oh I hope Marshall doesn't have a twin for Phoenix to grab :D

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Diante Garrett- Good playmaker for a backup PG, has decent athleticism and size

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Thank god there are no Marshall twins.
Wouldn't that be Marshall and Deputy? (I am guessing the Power Forward would be the Marshall.) :)

Marshall Dillon: "Chester, why are you running into town?"

Chester: "Mr. Dillon, I was on the outskirts of town with Miss Kitty and she started taking off her clothes and said, 'OK Chester, go to town.' Well, Mr. Dillon, here I am."

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Shannon Brown is not afraid to shoot.
Diante Garrett has decent speed.
Morris can hit the three.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard