KD... A Changing Perspective

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He hasn’t been in the corner. Not this game, not last round… it hasn’t been a thing.
He was not deployed solely in the corner, but there long stretches where that’s where he sat. I’m pretty sure there are comments to that effect in gameday threads which are real time observations.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He was deployed solely in the corner, but there long stretches where that’s where he sat. I’m pretty sure there are comments to that effect in gameday threads which are real time observations.
Definitely didn't see it last night, but we absolutely saw him in the corners, especially early in the Clipper series.

Reaction score
I too thought Durant would still be a little more spry/athletic, but he is still pretty damn incredible and the way he’s opened up the world for Booker to just destroy people is really impressive.

Like you, I’m also still dubious we win this whole thing because our bench is just so not championship level, but I think with a couple pick ups in the off-season and hopefully making Okogie do nothing but shoot corner 3s over the summer will give us the depth needed for one all in title run next year when these guys all really learn each other’s strengths and weaknesses.
It's not just KD who has been fine (not spectacular).

It is Ayton/D. We gave up one of the best lock-down defenders in the league in Bridges, and Ayton has not even remotely risen the the level of the #1 pick. His defense is terrible, his offensive rebounding non-existent. We are wasting Booker's best years. MASSIVE changes need to be made next year, and yes, I'm expecting a quick exit from the playoffs by Denver.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It is Ayton/D. We gave up one of the best lock-down defenders in the league in Bridges, and Ayton has not even remotely risen the the level of the #1 pick. His defense is terrible, his offensive rebounding non-existent. We are wasting Booker's best years. MASSIVE changes need to be made next year, and yes, I'm expecting a quick exit from the playoffs by Denver.
I may well be the biggest Bridges fan here and even I think this statement is wrong.

Mikal was a great defender, could guard multiple positions and make that player work hard and his effort would often lead to turnovers or bad shots. But he wasn't a lockdown defender at all. He was great defending the man while he was in front of him but a quicker player had no problem getting around him and a stronger player had no problem bullying him out of the way. But when that happened, he was perhaps the best in the league at recovering and/or harrassing that player from behind. So, great defender, but not your typical lockdown type.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't see how the massive changes happen unless one of the Suns top four players are traded. They simply don't have the assets.

Aside from somehow finding a trade partner for Paul, this defeats the whole purpose of acquiring Durant.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

There was never a situation in which Bridges was a lock down defender. His perimeter defense was below average and was virtually useless in playoff games where he needed to challenge the team's best perimeter player. His last game with the Suns, Cam Thomas cooked him for 40 points. Middleton made him look silly in the Finals. Luka didnt break a sweat getting around him.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Might be re-hashing the cp3 experiment, but is Mike Conley available lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson