FFL advice re: David Johnson

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I've made it to my FFL's playoff bracket but am now in over my head. I put up a decent year but didn't exactly steam roll into the playoffs. My dilemma is that I have David Johnson in a favorable matchup @Atlanta or Lamar Miller of the Texans @NYJ.

I'm leaning toward LM right now because DJ's numbers have been fading and he was just listed on the injury report with a quad issue. My dilemma is I haven't really watched much of these two guys in recent weeks so I don't have a feel for how either is doing.

It seems to me that DJ has been losing carries to Edmonds, especially in the red zone but that is from a Red Zone Channel watching POV. Is it possible DJ has a solid game against the Falcons or are the Cardinals trying to get the backup RB more carries? I hate the idea of benching my #1 draft pick in the playoffs but I've got no feel for how things are going for him. Since the bye he's averaging 20+ touches which I like but his production with those touches has really fizzled since the KC game.

So, have the defenses just been getting tougher? Do the Cardinals seem like they've packed it in and are just going through the motions? Are they going to fight for Wilks, show some pride? Both the Cardinals and Falcons seem to me like they have nothing to play for so that is another notch on Lamar Miller's side. Chubb is my other starter, standard Yahoo scoring in case it's relevant.

Any advice would be appreciated.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Are you PPR or non PPR? If non PPR I would go with Miller. Is Justin Jackson available on waivers? If so pick him and start him, Eckler is out and Gordon is very iffy. He's about the only RB the Chargers have left. You just can't trust Johnson anymore. Even last game when they got close Edmonds came into the game near the goal line.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Are you PPR or non PPR? If non PPR I would go with Miller. Is Justin Jackson available on waivers? If so pick him and start him, Eckler is out and Gordon is very iffy. He's about the only RB the Chargers have left. You just can't trust Johnson anymore. Even last game when they got close Edmonds came into the game near the goal line.
No PPR, just standard Yahoo scoring. I'm not even aware of Jackson, I'll have to check him out. Thanks for the tip.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If you feel that you easily have the better team, I would play Lamar. The Texans should lead and lean on the running game. Lamar is the floor play for me.

If you feel like you need the highest ceiling for points, I would start DJ because he has the best chance of having a huge day

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Well, someone in my league went in and picked up both Williams and Jackson from tonight's game but played neither. Which is part of FFL I guess but I've never liked it when guys screw with the waiver wire. For me, it's about picking the best possible lineup not trying to keep someone else from their best possible lineup.

Picking someone up just so someone else can't seems like poor sportsmanship to me.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Well, someone in my league went in and picked up both Williams and Jackson from tonight's game but played neither. Which is part of FFL I guess but I've never liked it when guys screw with the waiver wire. For me, it's about picking the best possible lineup not trying to keep someone else from their best possible lineup.

Picking someone up just so someone else can't seems like poor sportsmanship to me.

That's why in my league, it's a $1 for each transaction, not that a dollar is a lot but it make people think. While on the subject we also charge a buck for every INT, lost fumble, and low dog (lowest scorer of the week). I hate FF tho, I only run the league so my wife has one to play in. I prefer FanDuel.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
That's why in my league, it's a $1 for each transaction, not that a dollar is a lot but it make people think. While on the subject we also charge a buck for every INT, lost fumble, and low dog (lowest scorer of the week). I hate FF tho, I only run the league so my wife has one to play in. I prefer FanDuel.
I argue with my buddy about this type of thing all the time. It reminds me of Popovich and the Hack-a-Shaq. Sure, it's "legal" but it's chicken spit too. You either play to win and beat your opponent or you look for ways to exploit and circumvent the rules.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've made it to my FFL's playoff bracket but am now in over my head. I put up a decent year but didn't exactly steam roll into the playoffs. My dilemma is that I have David Johnson in a favorable matchup @Atlanta or Lamar Miller of the Texans @NYJ.

I'm leaning toward LM right now because DJ's numbers have been fading and he was just listed on the injury report with a quad issue. My dilemma is I haven't really watched much of these two guys in recent weeks so I don't have a feel for how either is doing.

It seems to me that DJ has been losing carries to Edmonds, especially in the red zone but that is from a Red Zone Channel watching POV. Is it possible DJ has a solid game against the Falcons or are the Cardinals trying to get the backup RB more carries? I hate the idea of benching my #1 draft pick in the playoffs but I've got no feel for how things are going for him. Since the bye he's averaging 20+ touches which I like but his production with those touches has really fizzled since the KC game.

So, have the defenses just been getting tougher? Do the Cardinals seem like they've packed it in and are just going through the motions? Are they going to fight for Wilks, show some pride? Both the Cardinals and Falcons seem to me like they have nothing to play for so that is another notch on Lamar Miller's side. Chubb is my other starter, standard Yahoo scoring in case it's relevant.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Start Mike and Damien Williams.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
David Johnson.

I do not know if you should start him but easily the biggest disappointment of the year for this team. From best back in the league, to the second coming of Marcel Shipp. At least Shipp had the tugboat sound bite they would play.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
In the league I play in trades are not reviewed, either accepted or rejected between the trading partners. Well the league had a husband and wife playing in it. The husbands team is doing well and the wife's was pretty bad. Anyway, the wife trades Zac Ertz to him for Ben Watson. He didn't have any good TEs so he gets a top 3 TE from his wife. Pretty poopy if you ask me. I think our league needs to change trade rules.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the league I play in trades are not reviewed, either accepted or rejected between the trading partners. Well the league had a husband and wife playing in it. The husbands team is doing well and the wife's was pretty bad. Anyway, the wife trades Zac Ertz to him for Ben Watson. He didn't have any good TEs so he gets a top 3 TE from his wife. Pretty ****** if you ask me. I think our league needs to change trade rules.

Why would you play in that? That’s shady AF

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I argue with my buddy about this type of thing all the time. It reminds me of Popovich and the Hack-a-Shaq. Sure, it's "legal" but it's chicken spit too. You either play to win and beat your opponent or you look for ways to exploit and circumvent the rules.

Or just go full Belichick and polish your trophy's and sleep like a baby.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Why would you play in that? That’s shady AF
It's my second year in it and the two I am taking about were not in it last year. I am going to have a talk to the commissioner of the league about not allowing them back in next year. If he won't do that then I am done with it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's my second year in it and the two I am taking about were not in it last year. I am going to have a talk to the commissioner of the league about not allowing them back in next year. If he won't do that then I am done with it.

Even if he boots them you should leave. Trades should have a commissioner approval based off of a league wide vote as long as you have a bunch of players that are adults about it and don’t block trades that are fair just for the sake of blocking them .

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Or just go full Belichick and polish your trophy's and sleep like a baby.
Sadly, too many seem to be fine with it. Cheat someone personally in a game of cards or at the blackjack table and I don't think you'll find a single person okay with it. But if your favorite sports team cheats then it's okay as long as they win. I don't understand the disconnect.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Well, I'll forever hate Lamar Miller now. Still haven't heard an official word but I can't believe he hasn't come back into this game. Injury must be pretty bad or he's got no heart at all.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Even if he boots them you should leave. Trades should have a commissioner approval based off of a league wide vote as long as you have a bunch of players that are adults about it and don’t block trades that are fair just for the sake of blocking them .

You make a good point Shane. I should have no problem finding another league.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
And, DJ blows away Miller in just the first quarter. Cost myself at least 13 points in a tight game. Don't know why I ever go against my instincts.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson