fantasymoguls.com

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in. I think draft order should be what we finished in the fall and then snaking.

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
here's the lowdown on the ultimate moguls:

Ultimate Moguls version

Your films will compete in 4 different categories, each equal to the other.

The categories are: Total Box Office, Per-Theatre-Average, IMDb.com User Review Score and Weeks in the Top 5.
  • TOTAL BOX OFFICE is what it sounds like. This category will simply add up the total Domestic (and Canadian) box office of all your films over the course of the game.
  • TOP FIVE FINISHES awards points for films that dominate each weekend during the game. A film that comes in first place at the box office for a weekend will get five (5) points in this category. A film that places fifth will get one (1) point.
  • Every week it resets and movies will continue to earn points as long as they are in the Top 5. (They can fall out and get back in - that's fine).
  • PER THEATER AVERAGE ("PTA") awards points to the films in the game with the highest Per Theater Averages on a given weekend. This is the total domestic (and Canadian) box office gross for a movie over a specific weekend, divided by the # of theatres the movie is playing in.
  • The top performing PTA film on a given weekend gets five (5) points. The fifth best PTA film gets one (1) point. This is whether or not the movie is owned in the league. In other words, if the #1 PTA film for a weekend is unowned, no points are awarded for 1st place that weekend. You don't move the 2nd place film up to first or anything.
  • A film must be released in at least TEN THEATRES. If it is released in less than ten, we still divide the total box office take for the film by ten theatres. We could go into a long explanation about this, but just trust us. If we don't do it this way, certain films that get released in only one or two theaters skew the game too far. We've been playing this game for 11 years. Trust us.
  • To that end, IMAX and Re-Released films also are not included in the game.
  • IMDb User REVIEW SCORE gives each film a rating from 1 to 10, 10 being the highest.
  • Unlike the other categories in which the numbers are cumulative, REVIEW SCORE is an average. If you have two films released so far and their review scores are 6.2 and 8.6, your studio's current REVIEW SCORE is 7.4.
TOTAL SCORING

Each studio is ranked in each category. The points you earn in each category determine the winner of the game.

This is easy to understand by looking at this example:

STUDIO TOTAL BOX OFFICE POINTS

Castle Schlock $300 million 8
Dreamjerks $267 7
Imaginary $230 6
Reel Pictures $197 5
Warner Sisters $163 4
Miramoxie $141 3
Phony Pictures $122 2
18th Century Fox $96 1

See? Super simple. Castle Schlock had the most box office, so they get 8 points. You add the 8 points to how many points they get in the other three categories to get your sum total.
  • Studio with the most total points across all four categories wins.
  • Since there are 4 categories and at most 8 points available in each category, the most any studio could ever get is 32 points. The least is 4 points.

i think we should do this one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I thought I read that the game starts today... :confused:

The Spring season starts Feb 15, but I think you can modify the dates for your league if you want to. Lets plan on finalizing the members and starting the draft on monday morning. I think the only one we haven't heard from is DCR. They cap us at 8, so if he doesn't want back in we can offer his spot to someone else or just go with 7.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a job interview at 11:00 on Monday, but otherwise I'll be on and off all day...I guess I'll skip the movie--for you guys.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can still take the spot. Didn't everyone get an invite to the new league?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I got an invite...did everyone else?

The other thing is, we did the draft off-line last time and we could do that again and worry about the league set-up afterwards.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I got an invite...did everyone else?

The other thing is, we did the draft off-line last time and we could do that again and worry about the league set-up afterwards.

I did.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[email protected]

DCR, if you could send it here that'd be great. Or, if you'd rather not have me bring the average down again, you can skip it. I don't need you losers. I'll just take my ball and go home. Fine. I'm outta here. See ya suckers.

please invite me back. My life is empty and unfulfilled.

OP
OP
Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
[email protected]

DCR, if you could send it here that'd be great. Or, if you'd rather not have me bring the average down again, you can skip it. I don't need you losers. I'll just take my ball and go home. Fine. I'm outta here. See ya suckers.

please invite me back. My life is empty and unfulfilled.

:stupid:

Last edited: