Exclusive Interview: Dbacks Insider and Reporter, azDiamondbacks.com

BOB_Man24

Go Cats!
Reaction score
Today, we have a fabulous interview for you. We hooked up with our very own AZ Sports Hub Dbacks Insider, Michael Schwartz, Associate Reporter for AZDIAMONDBACKS.com. We drilled Mike about the Dbacks playoff chances, rotation, stretch run, streakiness and much more. We even discussed how Micah Owings could potentially play in the field. So listen in:

1) How have the D-backs done it? How are they in first place - dominating the NL at this point in the season?
2) What do you make of Justin Upton being called up to the bigs? What do we do with Mark Reynolds?
3) What was the point of picking up BK Kim only to have him pitch two games?
4) Down the stretch run, can the bullpen hold up?
5) Come playoff time, what rotation do you think Bob Melvin will go with?

Click here to listen

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
1) How have the D-backs done it? How are they in first place - dominating the NL at this point in the season?

They have had timely hitting and pitching to win games. Other than that, the NL is really up for grabs this year.

2) What do you make of Justin Upton being called up to the bigs? What do we do with Mark Reynolds?

At first I did not like it. After all, Justin's brother, B.J., was called up to the minors shortly after being drafted and for the next few years he was being sent down and brought back up on a regular basis. However, CGon was not ready to come up, and the other prospects in Triple-A are nothing more than 4th outfielders. So, it was the only logical move.

Mark Reynolds strikes out too much. Yet, his power is undeniable. He will be at 3rd base for a few years with this team, but is not a long term solution. With this being said, Tracy's time on the team is over.

3) What was the point of picking up BK Kim only to have him pitch two games?

I liked the move. It did not work out, but the D'backs needed a 5th starter in their rotation and Kim was supposed to be it. Petit had struggled as of late and the team needed someone to come in and pitch well... which Kim, obviously, did not do.

4) Down the stretch run, can the bullpen hold up?

One of the best bullpens in baseball. Yes, it will hold up. However, I have always been concerned about Lyon.

5) Come playoff time, what rotation do you think Bob Melvin will go with?

1. Webb
2. Davis
3. Livan
4. Owings

A four man rotation.

Just my two cents on what the answers should be. Just finished listening to it. Overall, a very good interview with alot of good points.:raccoon:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player