Every single winning team today...

Superfuzz

Veteran
Reaction score
Seattle scored 28, IND 27, and HOU 13.

But point well taken. Unless you have an elite D and are playing an elite D, which is not often, you HAVE to be capable of scoring 3-4 tds a game.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Scored at least 30 points!

And the Cards haven't scored 30 points in a game since 2010. 28 games without getting 30 points or more. The 2009 team had 7 in 18 games.

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score

But point well taken. Unless you have an elite D and are playing an elite D, which is not often, you HAVE to be capable of scoring 3-4 tds a game.
When I posted the late games were still going on... I meant all the early games today. i thought that was kind of wierd. High scoring games today.

Superfuzz

Veteran
Reaction score
When I posted the late games were still going on... I meant all the early games today. i thought that was kind of wierd. High scoring games today.

Yea understood. Not trying to nitpick. I agree with your point.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

An elite QB trumps an elite defense according to most gurus. One like Peyton Manning who is bringing Denver back from the dead like the Phoenix rising from the ashes. Who is the last great Super Bowl winner that did not have an elite QB? In the past 10 years or more when was the only time we were any good? When we had an elite QB like Warner. Supposedly this year we had a good defense but we are going to find ourselves likely in last place in our division. You can build a good defense through free agents and late round draft picks. Not so with an elite QB. You generally have to draft one early in the first round and them pray he turns into an elite QB. Guys like Warner show up ever 20 years or so on the open market.

Superfuzz

Veteran
Reaction score
An elite QB trumps an elite defense according to most gurus. One like Peyton Manning who is bringing Denver back from the dead like the Phoenix rising from the ashes. Who is the last great Super Bowl winner that did not have an elite QB? In the past 10 years or more when was the only time we were any good? When we had an elite QB like Warner. Supposedly this year we had a good defense but we are going to find ourselves likely in last place in our division. You can build a good defense through free agents and late round draft picks. Not so with an elite QB. You generally have to draft one early in the first round and them pray he turns into an elite QB. Guys like Warner show up ever 20 years or so on the open market.

Right, but my point was regarding the HOU CHI game. I think most of us would agree that cutler and schaub are not 'elite' (top 5) qbs

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The one thing winning teams have in common is good offensive and defensive line. The Cardinals have a good defensive line, but not a good offensive line and that is why the Cardinals are in the position that they are in.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
The one thing winning teams have in common is good offensive and defensive line. The Cardinals have a good defensive line, but not a good offensive line and that is why the Cardinals are in the position that they are in.

We would have a good OL if they just prepared more like Russell Wilson does.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Right, but my point was regarding the HOU CHI game. I think most of us would agree that cutler and schaub are not 'elite' (top 5) qbs

I agree those are not two elite QBs. I also think neither will be a winner in the Super Bowl. The last team I recall winning a Super Bowl with a less than top 5 QB was the Bears with their great defense and Refrigeration Perry who played both ways. Yesterday the Bears went down largely in my mind because they did lose Cutler. Of course Houston is a tough team this year. I think they have only one loss. The Bears have an excellent defense this year. I think the Super Bowl winner will come out of the West this year. I would not count out SF or Seattle. I do not know how serious the injury was to the Seattle QB was but that may well effect their future this year. Someone may get hot the last 5-6 games and go all the way.

In recent years teams can make major turn around in one year if they come up on a QB like Luck or RGIII or get lucky and get a Kurt Warner. In years gone by even those two young guys likely would not have been starters.

Might the Jets draft a QB with their first pick next year? The fans their are going berserk.
Will the Cards go with Kolb next year? Will they draft a QB with their first pick? These are two of the most important questions to be answered IMHO. If we lose out I think Whiz is gone. No one ever mentions it but I would not rule out Horton as a possible candidate. The Cards do not operate like most teams. I say this not because I think he would be good HC but because he is there and knows the team.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Did you just wake up this morning and decide to be a jerk all day or do you have a personal problem with Mitch?

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
The last team I recall winning a Super Bowl with a less than top 5 QB was the Bears with their great defense and Refrigeration Perry who played both ways.
Ravens won Super Bowl XXXV with Dilfer in 2001.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

The Cardinals would have a better offensive line if they brought talent in. Try drafting a o-lineman in the first 3 rounds instead of the later rounds and sign fa rookies to man the lines as starters.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson