ESPN Projects 26 Wins, 2nd Worst in West

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I think they are wrong, I think we will play around .500 ball and compete for the last playoff spots.

Bledsoe, Knight and Warren should be healthy.

Alex Len is destined for a breakout year.

Devin Booker is destined for a breakout year.

If TJ Warren was not injured I would say he could have a breakout year too.

I think Tyler Ulis will make an impact off the bench and be a huge improvement by giving structure to the bench unit.

I think Archie Goodwin will make the jump from being a garbage player to be an effective bench player when he gets minutes.

Jared Dudley is an improvement over our PF situation last year.

I think we will surprise people and be a lot better than the projections. The jump from 20 wins to 40 wins is not that hard, not as hard as going from 40 to 60.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gonna be better than people think. I think we got a really good back court in Bledsoe and Booker, we're gonna see what TJ Warren has this year, I think Len can be a very solid big. Can everybody stay healthy is the question

But I do hope we suck again next years draft is supposed to be really good

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I think they are wrong, I think we will play around .500 ball and compete for the last playoff spots.

Bledsoe, Knight and Warren should be healthy.

Alex Len is destined for a breakout year.

Devin Booker is destined for a breakout year.

If TJ Warren was not injured I would say he could have a breakout year too.

I think Tyler Ulis will make an impact off the bench and be a huge improvement by giving structure to the bench unit.

I think Archie Goodwin will make the jump from being a garbage player to be an effective bench player when he gets minutes.

Jared Dudley is an improvement over our PF situation last year.

I think we will surprise people and be a lot better than the projections. The jump from 20 wins to 40 wins is not that hard, not as hard as going from 40 to 60.

I'm not sold yet. I think they are one trade away from your prognostication. Something like that fantasy I read about a 3 way that gets us Gibson for Knight. I am excited about the Suns future but the 3 players they drafted last month won't help them win a single extra game this year. As a matter of fact they make help us lose a few if they play significant minutes.

Also the more they win the less our two young forwards will play. The best thing might be for the season to get out of hand early, play those young guys lots of minutes, draft one more high pick and then make the next step. I'm glad I don't get paid to make these decisions.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
26 seems really low, but I don't see the Suns contending for a playoff spot unless they make a big move. I'll go with 36 wins.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
We got 23 last year with major injuries and less talent. I think 30-32 is the floor, ceiling probably around 40 wins given how young the team is.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good, whatever gets Mcdumbah fired.

Ive never seen a more hapless GM.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You can't fire the owner..... Nothing changes until that ****** leaves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think this team will play with a chip on its shoulder and win 40 games this upcoming season.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I am excited about the Suns future but the 3 players they drafted last month won't help them win a single extra game this year. As a matter of fact they make help us lose a few if they play significant minutes.

I think you're in for a pleasant surprise - Ulis will give the second unit a nice boost. If Bled goes down he will be the starter by seasons end. I expect the team to try for the playoffs though I'd prefer giving the youngsters and Alan Williams lots of burn.
If they go for the playoffs they'll be in the running if Watson can get everyone on the same page and playing hard all game long - sort of like they did Hornacek's first season

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Even they gave us better records
Yeah, no crap...

We weren't rebuilding while they were here. We also had an extremely unlucky year last year with injuries. This current roster is extremely young and despite that it is nowhere near a 26 win team. Mark my words barring some catastrophic injuries this team will win 40+ games.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I see 33-36 wins. Yes we had injuries (and that's why I don't agree with 26), but we've also got a couple guys in Bledsoe and knight and others who ARE injury prone. So I think it'll bite us again, but likely not as badly as last year. But we are not a good team. Even healthy I don't think we are a playoff contender yet. Too young still.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope ESPN is right but I doubt it. I think we could use another high pick especially if it came from what's looking to be a loaded class. But I think we have too much talent to finish 2nd to last. Assuming reasonable health I figure we'll win 35 to 40 games. We're probably a few years away from being any more than a 10 seed in the West.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I think you're in for a pleasant surprise - Ulis will give the second unit a nice boost. If Bled goes down he will be the starter by seasons end. I expect the team to try for the playoffs though I'd prefer giving the youngsters and Alan Williams lots of burn.
If they go for the playoffs they'll be in the running if Watson can get everyone on the same page and playing hard all game long - sort of like they did Hornacek's first season
I liked what I saw of Ulis in summer league but I think he'll struggle some. Sure he's quick but he's gonna be going against guys that are 6-2 or 6-3 that are just as quick as he is.

from phone

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked what I saw of Ulis in summer league but I think he'll struggle some. Sure he's quick but he's gonna be going against guys that are 6-2 or 6-3 that are just as quick as he is.

from phone

I think he's more smart than he is quick, he changes speed well and uses that more than quickness. I don't know if he'll be a star but I'm confident he can be effective even against the size and speed he'll have to face.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I think he's more smart than he is quick, he changes speed well and uses that more than quickness. I don't know if he'll be a star but I'm confident he can be effective even against the size and speed he'll have to face.
I defenitely hope you are right. I think he'll be good but not sure about the time line.

from phone

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

from phone
Obviously the Warriors are a legendary team so it's expected but it will be a little funny when we play them and our 5'9 backup PG matches up against their 6'7 backup PG Livingston.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they are going to make some noise....i say around 40 wins.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team is so young. I do not expect significant contributions from the rookies outside of Ulis. Any expectation about production from Archie is an illusion. I do expect better things from Knight and Booker is progressing so fast who knows what we will get from him.

I am usually way too optimistic this time of year. The roster does not look significantly better but the lockeroom should be tons better and this team will be much more entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team is so young. I do not expect significant contributions from the rookies outside of Ulis. Any expectation about production from Archie is an illusion. I do expect better things from Knight and Booker is progressing so fast who knows what we will get from him.

I am usually way too optimistic this time of year. The roster does not look significantly better but the lockeroom should be tons better and this team will be much more entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm usually very optimistic too but I don't really know what optimistic looks like this season.

In the long run I believe a mediocre to bad season is the best that could happen for us. And likewise, I think a playoff run might look nice in the short term but it's not going to be what we really need. Neither Bender nor Chriss is anywhere near being an asset at this stage of their careers but long term, I don't think anything is more important than getting them the playing time they will need in order to become the assets we need them to eventually be.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our front court situation in the present is aaaaaaawful. Chandler is past his prime, Bender and Chriss are still on the vine and likely won't be positive impact players for a while, I like Dudley but he shouldn't be a daily starter and Len... 42% shooting from a 7 foot interior player is disconcerting, its hard to see him becoming a reliable starter.

I like the future but if Chandler doesn't have a bounce back year we're going to get mauled nightly up front.

I'd peg us for 30 wins.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good. I'd love another top 5 draft pick to assimilate with the youngsters. We're a young team. Bring in youthful talent and let it grow. Forget the playoffs. Seriously? Does anyone honestly think we could do damage in the playoffs? Sheesh....