ESPN: Keim and Wilks both on the hot seat?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Well.... Another example of being a year too late.

We lost out on McVay & Shanahan and now we lost out on Dorsey. I guess having a QB in place would make us more attractive.

In the end though..... We have to lose both or just Wilks IMO. If you replace the GM, you have to give them the authority to replace the coach also.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And if Keim whiffs again, we suck, and he gets fired a year later? Now we have ANOTHER coach to fire, MORE money to eat, and we're set back ANOTHER year. No, either we keep both Wilks AND Keim, or they both go. Just too big of a risk otherwise.

Cannot argue against your logic if teams whiffs next year. It is tough situation for M.Bidwill either ways.

Looking from 10000 feet, I lean towards keeping Keim since he had a great 5 year run (note in Cardinals world 7-9 and 8-8 are successful seasons) and just drafted franchise QB without mortgaging the future. Importantly, BidWill family like their GMs as extension of themselves. So Keim has their trust and will get a chance to turn this around. Wilks doesn't have the same history or success or even a great resume to stick around.

It will be a big surprise if both Keim and Wilks are fired after the season.

It will be a mild surprise if Wilks is fired.

It will not be a surprise if Keim is retained.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there is no question both will be back next year. However in 2019 the pressure will really be on both to right the ship quickly.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At first, I didn't think Keim and Wilks would be fired, but as the season's progress and particularly after that Oakland loss, I can see this becoming a reality.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Generally, I really can't see Bidwill firing Keim after 20 years with the team, but the wildcard is that Extreme DUI and his history as a prosecutor.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t think Keim is completely at fault. Its like Wilks and Keim are on different pages.

Wilks: I need some wide receivers!
Keim: Here, I got you a fullback.
Wilks: I’m changing to a 4-3, I’ll need some linebackers.
Keim: We’re bringing in some safties for a tryout.
PP: I can cover any receiver in this league 1 on 1
Wilks: Good you’ll play zone and play the running back out of the backfield.
Rosen: Give me a chance to throw the ball.
Coaches: Nah, the oline is having problems with the rushers, we’re gonna run it up the middle. Maybe the dline will over pursue.
Rosen: I can’t do anything, keep getting sacked and have to rush my passes.
Coaches: You’re gonna keep getting sacked until you learn the playbook and execute!

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
M.Bidwill: Coach, Build foundation...

Wilks: Runs to home depot to buy bricks for the team
I don’t think Keim is completely at fault. Its like Wilks and Keim are on different pages.

Wilks: I need some wide receivers!
Keim: Here, I got you a fullback.
Wilks: I’m changing to a 4-3, I’ll need some linebackers.
Keim: We’re bringing in some safties for a tryout.
PP: I can cover any receiver in this league 1 on 1
Wilks: Good you’ll play zone and play the running back out of the backfield.
Rosen: Give me a chance to throw the ball.
Coaches: Nah, the oline is having problems with the rushers, we’re gonna run it up the middle. Maybe the dline will over pursue.
Rosen: I can’t do anything, keep getting sacked and have to rush my passes.
Coaches: You’re gonna keep getting sacked until you learn the playbook and execute!

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
this seems as good a place as any to put this:

Phil Dawson is the 11th highest paid kicker in the league

after finishing in the bottom 10 last year in accuracy, he is currently 31st in FG accuracy this year

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
this seems as good a place as any to put this:

Phil Dawson is the 11th highest paid kicker in the league

after finishing in the bottom 10 last year in accuracy, he is currently 31st in FG accuracy this year

Another bad signing. Maybe Keim was on his 9th Jack and Coke when he signed him. Who knows? Bad signings and picks are becoming more frequent under his regime though.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I have to believe that MB has already decided to let this coaching staff go. I can’t ever recall a coaching staff that was this bad.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Generally, I really can't see Bidwill firing Keim after 20 years with the team, but the wildcard is that Extreme DUI and his history as a prosecutor.

Once he kept his job after jail and suspension, the DUI was effectively removed from the equation. The decision will be solely made on if Michael thinks Keim is the right guy to usher the organization through the rebuild.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson