ESPN 'geniuises' are really angry

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I knew they were upset about the Cardinals win over Atlanta making them look like the duffuses they are, I just didn't realize the depth of their anger. Now they were on this morning saying John Fox isn't as dumb as Mike Smith, and Jake Delhomme won't make the rookie mistakes that Matt Ryan did, the Cardinals got lucky and they won't be able to stop Deangelo Williams and Jon Stewart, let alone Steve Smith, yadda, yadda, yadda.

In other words, the Cardinals are still nobodies who don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Oh, and Ed Werder reported from Charlotte that the Panthers are upset about the Cardinals 'running their mouths' and they will 'shut them up'. I guess they don't believe Williams and Stewart are the greatest running backs in the NFL and deserve to be in the pro bowl. :biglaugh:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
It really is a shame, regardless of the outcome the Cardinals are definately in a position where they should raise a lot of doubts. But there is a flippin' point. Seriously.

I have not read, heard, or have seen a piece on TV about how the Cardinals:

1. Won there division for the first time in 30 years.

2. Whiz's coaching job out in the desert.

3. The new home, and fan base in AZ.

4. The talent they have on the team.

And you can go on, and on, and on. There are a lot of positive things happening out in the desert that is not only good for the Cardinals but for the league as a whole. Phoenix and its surrounding area is huge and has a lot potential for new NFL fans, and new Latin-American fans.

Yet, the only thing you here about Arizona is that they suck. Even though they have earned there way to the Top 8 in the league, that is the top 25%, for those scoring at home, they are still trashed.

Sidenote: Anyone notice that the Falcons lost to us, and they aren't called the worst playoff team ever ? Or that there names, players, and coaches have not been dragged through the mud.

As I said this is beginning to be a bit much.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Actually for all your bashing ESPN has said a lot of good things about the Cards through the season. They have had Antrell Rolle, Whiz, Fitz, Kurt Warner, and Adrian Wilson on their shows multiple times to talk about how the team is changing. Everyone always wants to remember the digs because it is easier to remember.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Actually for all your bashing ESPN has said a lot of good things about the Cards through the season. They have had Antrell Rolle, Whiz, Fitz, Kurt Warner, and Adrian Wilson on their shows multiple times to talk about how the team is changing. Everyone always wants to remember the digs because it is easier to remember.

Therin lies the problem az. When the Cards have been in studio or call in guests, all of a sudden it's love and respect. The same clowns interviewing them will be the same ones dissing them the next day.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I've never seen so much puke and vitriol directed towards one single playoff team ever! It's like these guys have a personal vendetta against the cardinals succeeding.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Oh, and Ed Werder reported from Charlotte that the Panthers are upset about the Cardinals 'running their mouths' and they will 'shut them up'. . :biglaugh:

I get that this time of year teams like to take comments out of context to try to make them bulletin board material--

but does anybody have any idea of what they are taking offense to?

I heard they are rankled about the Cardinals wanting to play Carolina instead of New York -- but that is as much about keeping the possibility of another home playoff game alive as much as anything.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ya this is pretty crazy.

I've been sick all week and so have pretty much done nothing but sit around the house and watch ESPN. Seriously, they HATE us. It's not just like 'responsible journalism'. I really think they took it personally that we made them all look stupid this week and are just dying to see us lose.

Can you imagine if we win this week how pissed they'll be?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only way that the vile towards this game could be more pathetic is if this were pre-season game. You would think that the Cardinals are playing for the fate of humanity the way people get so riled up about it! I'll say one thing, they are playing for how good my day is on Sunday. If things go south I may not even get out of bed

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I get that this time of year teams like to take comments out of context to try to make them bulletin board material--

but does anybody have any idea of what they are taking offense to?

I heard they are rankled about the Cardinals wanting to play Carolina instead of New York -- but that is as much about keeping the possibility of another home playoff game alive as much as anything.

Evidently they think Dockett was dissing them when he called Williams and Stewart the best runners in the league and that they deserved to be in the playoffs. They twist that into 'running their mouths' and we're gonna shut them up, according to safety Chris Harris as quoted by Werder. Pretty weak outfit if they can't get jacket up for a playoff game without that.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hate the Panthers. They are one of the BIGGEST TRASH TALKING, showboating teams in the league. They are a BUNCH OF PUNKS and I hope the Cards crush 'em. Delhome is way OVERRATERED AND A WHINER.

Actually the words in Caps could also be applied to just about any of the ESPN personalities as well.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Cards get no respect because they took checked out for 4 weeks of the season. They don't deserve respect after the way they played before the Seattle game. This is when the media really turned on them.

The positive is that the Cards seem to feed off the lack of respect.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I hate the Panthers. They are one of the BIGGEST TRASH TALKING, showboating teams in the league. They are a BUNCH OF PUNKS and I hope the Cards crush 'em. Delhome is way OVERRATERED AND A WHINER.

Actually the words in Caps could also be applied to just about any of the ESPN personalities as well.

Not sure about that. Delhomme was on the radio talking about how much he respects the Cards and Warner. Pretty down to Earth guy. Undrafted, earned everything he got in life.

Do agree about the announcers hating on the Cards. The funny part is that is exactly what this team needs. They have trouble motivating themselves and play better as the underdogs. Coach Wiz is eating it up. He will use it as motivation for people like Dockett and Smith on the D-line. If they can play with the energy they had last week, Cards will have a good chance today.

Reaction score
Now they were on this morning saying John Fox isn't as dumb as Mike Smith, and Jake Delhomme won't make the rookie mistakes that Matt Ryan did...
I thought that Ryan did pretty well last week.

The Cardinals did better!

Go Cardinals!

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never seen so much puke and vitriol directed towards one single playoff team ever! It's like these guys have a personal vendetta against the cardinals succeeding.

Agreed I had to turn it off.

They were making us out to be not only having zero chance, talking about how much the Panthers had improved.

But they were also making it sound like the team were arrogant, deliberately I think. Dockett did make that comment but it was a) one player and b) In response to all the hate and disrespect being spewed by the media

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Stephen A Smith still says we should have given up our playoff spot. "all they did was feed off crowd noise and a rookie quote a back" he's a stupid bitch. when is he gonna stop being the token angry black guy on espn?

SouthEndZoner

Registered
Reaction score
ESPN may hate our team but I personally have always hated ESPN. ESPN seems to be followed by legions of frumpy bandwagoning chumps.
Whatever one of those "announcers" says, I hear repeated word for word by morons like my brother-in-law who just casually watches highlights (not entire games) and always seems to be cheering for the winning side.
ESPN is nothing more than the bandwagon channel. Being that I'm a straight American male this might sound strange, but I could definitely live without ESPN.
Besides, if our secondary had made a few crucial tackles during the regular season game, we would have beat the Panthers at their stadium.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cards get no respect because they took checked out for 4 weeks of the season. They don't deserve respect after the way they played before the Seattle game. This is when the media really turned on them.

The positive is that the Cards seem to feed off the lack of respect.

Responsible journalism would at least mention that the Cards played 3 games in 11 days in addition to traveling cross country to play the Eagles. There is a difference from going thru the motions and being physically and mentally worn out.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
ESPN is nothing more than the bandwagon channel. Being that I'm a straight American male this might sound strange, but I could definitely live without ESPN.

I do listen to ESPN Radio's Mike & MIKE in the morning if no new Cardinals pod-cast was loaded the previous night. Even then, it's only because it is the only option I have for morning sports radio. If I'm home on a weekday - I will listen to Colin Cowherd, who seems to be doing his own thing rather than following the ESPN talking-points.

The NFL channel does a far better job of keeping me updated on NFL football, I get better coverage of the Arizona teams via this site and AZ Central, and with two young kids - I just don't have the time to stay up on a bunch of teams I don't care about, especially for sports I find boring.

I've been living without ESPN for the last 4 years, and I'm doing quite fine without them.

(Edit: I started reading Sando's blog this season. Credit to ESPN for hiring him...hope he dumps them soon and goes to a real network!!!)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn