Eddie is still on the radar

CoachBigDog

Rookie
Reaction score
Link below states that Hartwell visited Seattle and this agent claims he will make a decision within 48 hours. Sounds like we have heard this before but I think Eddie is making his rounds. It's not everyday a player gets to tour the NFL and be pampered as a king. He is taking his time but I believe when it is all said and done AZ is a player in this and I think we will know soon so we can sign him or move on.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/216001_hawk15.html

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I hope he signs with us. Because I would like him to be a Cardinal.

But he is taking an age to decide. I just want him to sign with someone so that we can move on.

OP
OP
C

CoachBigDog

Rookie
Reaction score
I agree

He needs to make a decision...but what suprises me is that no one is raising his eyebrow. . I would think that teams in the west would want to do whatever it takes to keep this guy away from the Cards....It's simple--- this guy puts over the top on defense.

Sign Edgerton Hartwell and we are a top 5 defense next year. Those days of our defense making avg. running backs look great are over!

Sign him DG

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
"It's not going to be the highest bidder; it's going to be the team that he really wants to play for the most," his agent, Harold Lewis, said yesterday. "When you do it this way, you're doing it for the right reasons."

Hopefully this means that he will choose the Cards!

:raccoon:

Shuesters2

Wind Breaker
Reaction score
Hartwell reminds me of Vonnie Holliday the DE that strung us along a couple of years ago. When KC finally got close to what we offered he dropped the Cards like a hot rock a and signed for less with them.

Hartwell is either is way over-priced, or has little regard for the Cards. Neither are good signs.

Shuesters

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shuesters2 said:
Hartwell reminds me of Vonnie Holliday the DE that strung us along a couple of years ago. When KC finally got close to what we offered he dropped the Cards like a hot rock a and signed for less with them.

Hartwell is either is way over-priced, or has little regard for the Cards. Neither are good signs.

Shuesters

Well according to all the "experts" he has just overpriced himself.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He won't be signed by the Cards as there no longer is any offer on the table for him. Denny doesn't play games and get into bidding wars. Once Hartwell left here and started his NFL city wide tour, Denny said adios!!!

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Shuesters2 said:

Shuesters

He's overpriced and I really can't blame him. Morlon Greenwood (Exactly, who??) was signed by the Texans to a 5-year $22.5M contract. From Hartwell's perspective I can understand why he wants more than the $3M/year contract we're offering. BUT, he doesn't realize we're about the only team left to spend big bucks on free agents, so this is his best offer and he will eventual agree IMO.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I believe we have made an offer to him that is still sitting on the table. It's up to him whether he takes it or not.

Those quotes are flat out BS though. Of course it is about the money. He would of signed with someone already (us aparently, seeing as we are his #1 choice) if it wasn't about getting the 10 mil bonus he is after.

I personally believe that we have made a good offer to Hartwell, but it isn't the huge contract he wants. That's why he is going round to these other teams to try and make us up the ante. As far as I can tell, we haven't increased our offer and that's why the whole thing is stalling.

I hope he comes round to our offer, because it would be great to have him on the Cardinals.

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Imo

Hartwell would be stupid to sign up with the Seahawks. The 'Hawks were ranked 26th in D, and aren't getting any better, just older. If Hartwell landed here it would be huge to a young defense that needs him. If this article is true (about the money not making a difference) you can count on Hartwell being a Cardinal.

insider1

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
if he is really wanting to go to the right place to be a leader and start a winning tradition and put his stamp on it i would say it has got to be the cards not the seahawks. 48 hours let the clock begin.

insider1

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
what i would like to know is why no one is asking the cards about hartwell on the radio in the newspapers .is he really still on the on the radar for the cards or what i would assume so since this was listed as his number1 choice.

seesred

Reaction score
I think we will not get him. I don't believe he wants to be a Cardinal.He is searching for his identity. Heck maybe he doesn't like the new uniforms or he is upset that we wont show him the new stuff. Antway, this is not a guy in a hurry to live in a desert.

GBR

In Green we trust

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seesred said:
I think we will not get him. I don't believe he wants to be a Cardinal.He is searching for his identity. Heck maybe he doesn't like the new uniforms or he is upset that we wont show him the new stuff. Antway, this is not a guy in a hurry to live in a desert.

GBR

In Green we trust

I can't figure out whether he's like Holliday or if he's like Starks. We went through the same thing with both.

Hopefully, is he signs with the Hawks, he plays like Holliday did for the Chiefs. If he signs here, let's hope he is better than Starks was.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"It's not going to be the highest bidder; it's going to be the team that he really wants to play for the most," his agent, Harold Lewis, said yesterday. "When you do it this way, you're doing it for the right reasons."
Translation - "Show me the money."

Interpretation: Looks more and more like he's pulling a Mili.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:

I agree ,Hartwell wil go where the most money is,plain and simple.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:

Yea if he was telling the truth and we all know agents are like lawyers, he would pick the Cards since they look to be on the way up, whereas the Hawks don't seem to be improving at all, might even be going down looking at their FA signings etc...
He's all about the money, like the rest of 'em

OP
OP
C

CoachBigDog

Rookie
Reaction score
Okay

if it's all about the money like many think it is then he will be a Cardinal because we will spend more than anyone on this guy....Denny wants this guy and if Hartwell has made his last visit like I hope he has then we will indeed know within the next few days if we have our guy or not.

I think Ed will either play in AZ or will return to Baltimore. I don't think others have impressed him and with the new stadium, up and coming team and a coach that wants to win as badly as Denny I say Ed is going to be a Cardinal.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
Not any more. Hartwell is done in AZ.

Cardinals | No Longer Interested in Hartwell - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:54:42 -0800

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals have officially closed the door on signing free agent LB Ed Hartwell (Ravens).