Eagles at Cardinals gameday thread 10-9-22

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
I couldn't care less how many sacks we have. How we achieve the one and only statistic that matters doesn't matter.
Of course you don’t care. It’s because you have very low standards which has been echoed. Imagine being dead-last in the entire NFL in sacks and typing “I couldn’t care about the amount of sacks we have”.

I already said the offense has been a bigger problem than the defense. No need to dispute that. It’s you that acts like the defense deserves no blame at all, which is lunacy.

A lot of points that have came early are teams that have started on their first offensive possessions. It’s not like the defense is tired. This would be a reasonable excuse if teams kept scoring on us at will in the second quarter, but no, they’re doing it in the first when they first take the field when the defense shouldn’t be tired at all.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course you don’t care. It’s because you have very low standards which has been echoed. Imagine being dead-last in the entire NFL in sacks and typing “I couldn’t care about the amount of sacks we have”.

I already said the offense has been a bigger problem than the defense. No need to dispute that. It’s you that acts like the defense deserves no blame at all, which is lunacy.

A lot of points that have came early are teams that have started on their first offensive possessions. It’s not like the defense is tired. This would be a reasonable excuse if teams kept scoring on us at will in the second quarter, but no, they’re doing it in the first when they first take the field when the defense shouldn’t be tired at all.

Denver are 4th in sacks
Washington 7th
Houston 12th

Not doing them much good is it?

What does it matter where we are in sacks if the defense is handling business?

Would you rather have 5 sacks and concede 30 or 1 sack and concede 20?

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
Denver are 4th in sacks
Washington 7th
Houston 12th

Not doing them much good is it?
What about the Niners, Bills, Eagles, Cowboys, Bucs? Why you didn’t mention those teams?

If the defense was “balling”, we wouldn’t be dead last in sacks.

I’d rather have a defense that could get home with four and not be dead last in the sack department in the entire league.

Dude, please up your standards. There’s no way you’re fine with us being last in a very important category. No one should be and you shouldn’t either.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think it just was bad luck. Good coaches make mistakes. And I have seen a lot mistakes from a lot of coaches. The Green Bay game. They threw 2 passes on 3 and 1 and 4th and 1. With a huge RB. The Texas A&M game last play. The chargers going for it on 4th down late yesterday. The Bengals coach not kicking the FG.
But let’s be honest. If Kyler tries to get 2 more yards and gets blasted and hurts his shoulder. We would have been pissed. The problem was him spiking the ball but everyone there said the scoreboard had 1st and 10. Which really should have been reviewed because it was close. 2nd the Ertz miss was big and Kyler knew it was his fault but that play right there would have probably won the game. We would have had 1st down at like the 22 with 45 seconds left. The injury hurt us because it made use our last timeout before they kicked the FG. But in all honesty. A guy needs to make a 43 yard Fg. He just does. It’s 10 yards longer than a extra point. But we held our own and easily could have won. The 3rd and 11 was a huge play. I don’t fault VJ. He tried to disguise the blitz using different setup. They made a big play. It happens. But I think this game shows we can play with good teams. We get DHop back and we play an easier schedule in my Opinion. Philly Rams and Chiefs are not easy. DHop probably wins 2 of those games. But we have to beat Seattle get to 3-3. Get DHop back and win 2 of 3 after that to get to 5-4. And we should be right there

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it just was bad luck. Good coaches make mistakes. And I have seen a lot mistakes from a lot of coaches. The Green Bay game. They threw 2 passes on 3 and 1 and 4th and 1. With a huge RB. The Texas A&M game last play. The chargers going for it on 4th down late yesterday. The Bengals coach not kicking the FG.
But let’s be honest. If Kyler tries to get 2 more yards and gets blasted and hurts his shoulder. We would have been pissed. The problem was him spiking the ball but everyone there said the scoreboard had 1st and 10. Which really should have been reviewed because it was close. 2nd the Ertz miss was big and Kyler knew it was his fault but that play right there would have probably won the game. We would have had 1st down at like the 22 with 45 seconds left. The injury hurt us because it made use our last timeout before they kicked the FG. But in all honesty. A guy needs to make a 43 yard Fg. He just does. It’s 10 yards longer than a extra point. But we held our own and easily could have won. The 3rd and 11 was a huge play. I don’t fault VJ. He tried to disguise the blitz using different setup. They made a big play. It happens. But I think this game shows we can play with good teams. We get DHop back and we play an easier schedule in my Opinion. Philly Rams and Chiefs are not easy. DHop probably wins 2 of those games. But we have to beat Seattle get to 3-3. Get DHop back and win 2 of 3 after that to get to 5-4. And we should be right there
How many times have you written this post over the last 20 years? The names and opponent change, but the results remain the same.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What about the Niners, Bills, Eagles, Cowboys, Bucs? Why you didn’t mention those teams?

If the defense was “balling”, we wouldn’t be dead last in sacks.

I’d rather have a defense that could get home with four and not be dead last in the sack department in the entire league.

Dude, please up your standards. There’s no way you’re fine with us being last in a very important category. No one should be and you shouldn’t either.

Again, what does sacks have to do with ****? You didn't answer my question I see. The only metric that indicates a good defense is points conceded.

Would you rather have 5 sacks a game and 30 points conceded or 1 and 20?

Cincy are 25th in sacks but 8th in points.

We might be last in sacks, but through the last 4 games we are 10th in points.

So again, why does it matter? Sure, sacks are nice. I'd rather have more than less, but ultimately it's only points that count.

I'll settle for last in sacks at the end of the season if we are 10th in points.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It ain't on him man. They get that wrong 5 times a game. Everyone knows you can't trust that.

Kyler could have asked the ref or, I don't know, looked at the giant orange down marker on the touchline.
I agree. But it didn't help. Nobody with the Cardinals, from the QB, the coaching staff and the clock operator caught it. It is unexcusable across the board. Surely SOMEONE would notice the chains are not moved?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree. But it didn't help. Nobody with the Cardinals, from the QB, the coaching staff and the clock operator caught it. It is unexcusable across the board. Surely SOMEONE would notice the chains are not moved?

I mean yeah, but the main someone is Kyler.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't understand this fascination with DHop return and 3-3 record. What is this ? How can any WR add 3-4 wins to the total?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um he opens up our offense big time it's huge. I believe we go on a little run when he returns.
Hopefully, he can stay on the field this time.

How much of his stay here has he been injured or suspended so far? He played one full season and then... Missed 7 games last season and 6 (so far) this season.

Practically an entire season with no DHop right there.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Looking good my brother! Enjoy!
Shane, you ain't neva lied. That stadium was a home game for those losers. The concourse looked like The Linc. I barely had a fellow Card fan to high-five to counter all of the E A G L E S chants. My section was ALL eagles fans.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose