Duel in the Desert 2008

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
This game has gained a great deal of importance with the way things have worked out. ASU needs a win vs. the Cats to be bowl eligible. UA needs a win to go to a better bowl and Stoops needs this win badly to keep his job.

I would love to see the Cats slap Rudy Carpenter around and I think they will this year. Go CATS beat the Scummies!!!!!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rarely have I been so unexcited about an ASU-UofA game.

Kablansky

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dispite having recieved my masters degree from ASU I believe UofA handles the Devils quite easily in this game. No ASU quarterback has ever beaten the Wildcats 4 times and Rudy Carpenter will not and shall not become the first.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Basketball and football money largely comes from two different sets of boosters so we'd still be fine with hiring the big name hoops coach. And they'd still go cheap on the next football coach much as we're doing right now with Stoops, someone who costs them less than million annually before performance bonuses.

Buying out Stoops a week from today costs the UofA 650k plus some loose change for assistants. The new coach would make righly the same as Stoops so no added expense there. Retaining Stoops after a 6-6 season would cost the AD probably triple that 650k after half the season ticket holders and boosters do not renew their tickets and donations in 2009 which a loss to the Devils would inevitably cause. It's a very similar situation to ASU-Koetter in 2006. The money may not be there but the AD has to pull the trigger before the bottom falls out completely and pray the new guy knows what he's dong.

Last edited:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
The game doesn't mean as much, from a UA perspective, as it has the last few seasons because the Cats are definitely going to a bowl game, win or lose.

It would be nice to knock ASCC out of a bowl and possibly get to the Las Vegas Bowl.

:cats:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The game doesn't mean as much, from a UA perspective, as it has the last few seasons because the Cats are definitely going to a bowl game, win or lose.

It would be nice to knock ASCC out of a bowl and possibly get to the Las Vegas Bowl.

Man, a loss to ASU this year would be really bad. Rudy 4-0 vs the Cats. Yikes.

If ASU loses, who cares?

:)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will Tucson have enough clean water for both teams this year, or should the Devils bring their own?

(only kidding people)

OP
OP
General Chaos

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
Will Tucson have enough clean water for both teams this year, or should the Devils bring their own?

(only kidding people)

I hate to admit it, but that was funny. Laugh it up while you can!

GO CATS!!!!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The only thing funny about this game is going to be the discrepency of the score. 41-13 UofA.

...and ASU fans spend 10 minutes trying to read the scoreboard and understand what those characters are....

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
Well I guess it is time for the good ole classics...(all in fun)

I will start off with my favorite...

You must be registered for see images attach

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
Wow, some of these go way back...

OP
OP
General Chaos

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
Our turn:

**Thanks to Zona Defenders

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and possibly get to the Las Vegas Bowl.

Where the Cats will get smoked by BYU adding even more to the humiliation the PAC 10 has suffered out of conference this season. (Remember, I told you guys UofA was going to lose to New Mexico.)

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Where the Cats will get smoked by BYU adding even more to the humiliation the PAC 10 has suffered out of conference this season. (Remember, I told you guys UofA was going to lose to New Mexico.)
You also said Sonny Dykes was a bad hire and he's the only reason Arizona has been serviceable this year. It's really unfortunate as if UA wins on Saturday Dykes will probably move on this offseason while Stoops keeps his job. Not that it matters, BYU will beat UA or ASU in Vegas and Max Hall will exact his revenge when they go to Tempe next year.

Pac-10 blows.

OP
OP
General Chaos

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
Last I checked the CATS are favored by 10.5

I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole as a U of A fan even though I'm confident the Cats will win.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
This is the first year in a while that I fear the loss. However, pudgy Rudy doesn't want to blemish his record, and might actually play inspired football. Dennis Erickson needs to continue to show in state recruits where the real program is located... therefore, I will go out on a limb and say

ASU 27, UofA 21

BTW, I will make the drive down and attend the game with some friends (I used to live in Tucson). I am considering wearing UofA gear underneath my ASU garb, in case I need it.

JUST KIDDING.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You also said Sonny Dykes was a bad hire and he's the only reason Arizona has been serviceable this year. It's really unfortunate as if UA wins on Saturday Dykes will probably move on this offseason while Stoops keeps his job. Not that it matters, BYU will beat UA or ASU in Vegas and Max Hall will exact his revenge when they go to Tempe next year.

Pac-10 blows.

Wow. Great memory. I had forgotten that Sonny Dykes was the OC down there. I thought that style of offense was a bad match for the personnel. In particular, the offensive line. There's no doubt he's done better than I thought he would.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Well, since Leach is flying around the country apparently looking to coach anywhere other than Lubbock I'd assume Dykes is a frontrunner for the Tech job.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Well, since Leach is flying around the country apparently looking to coach anywhere other than Lubbock I'd assume Dykes is a frontrunner for the Tech job.

Puke... I would hate to see this team without Dykes and with Stoops.

Tommy Tuberville looks awfuly good right now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard